Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Found an old pic from a few years back

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

I remember we all had one Krispy Kreme donut each, and Spence had the other 4 and a half dozen himself.

I also remember showing up at the track midweek hoping to get an early look at the place and also hoping to get tires from Street&Comp for Degsy. The track was closed for a private Dunlop test session with Ben Spies. So we drive up to the guard at the gate and tell him we're here for tires and he lets us drive right in, thinking we were part of the Dunlop test. Pretty funny. That was the day of the infamous 186 mph crash that Spies took when his rear blew out on the front straight and he slid like half way around the track.

Frikkin Degsy and his Indian food...I shudda never agreed to eat it. Of course, it was cool to meet Jessie Janisch and his mom as the track when she came over to our pit area to see what was up with my bug eyes. Man, that kid was fast on the track.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by scootertrash View Post
    I remember we all had one Krispy Kreme donut each, and Spence had the other 4 and a half dozen himself.

I also remember showing up at the track midweek hoping to get an early look at the place and also hoping to get tires from Street&Comp for Degsy. The track was closed for a private Dunlop test session with Ben Spies. So we drive up to the guard at the gate and tell him we're here for tires and he lets us drive right in, thinking we were part of the Dunlop test. Pretty funny. That was the day of the infamous 186 mph crash that Spies took when his rear blew out on the front straight and he slid like half way around the track.

Frikkin Degsy and his Indian food...I shudda never agreed to eat it. Of course, it was cool to meet Jessie Janisch and his mom as the track when she came over to our pit area to see what was up with my bug eyes. Man, that kid was fast on the track.

I remember watching Spies and thinking do I really want to race here. LOL

Good times.

G-man

Gerard

Banned

I remember Gerard and Dan decided to do the hammer school down there as we had never raced Daytona and didn't know our way around. I said "fuck that, I'm not spending $300 on a school. I've seen it on TV, how hard can it be? I'll follow the other guys in practice and learn as I go."

First practice session, onto the first set of banking and "BAM!" FOGBANK!!! I couldn't see my windshield, let alone the banking. I stayed right beside someone and kept him in my peripheral vision (at about 140mph, mind you) until we came out of the fog bank.

The other memory of that trip was NOT a good one. Fatal crash in practice took the life of a racer from Mighty Duc racing. We had raced against him in the endurance the day before. very sad.

degs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12