Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

MotoGP 2016

Re: MotoGP 2016

Vinales impresses for sure. But the fact that Lorenzo looked so comfy (and went faster than in his race sunday) on day one was perhaps the most important thing to note. If he can solve the mid corner issue, he will ride off into the distance.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Vinales impresses for sure. But the fact that Lorenzo looked so comfy (and went faster than in his race sunday) on day one was perhaps the most important thing to note. If he can solve the mid corner issue, he will ride off into the distance.
    Good bike plus all the motivation in the world to prove he can do something the almighty Rossi couldn't...we all know a motivated Lorenzo is a scary Lorenzo...

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

And I kind of hope he does it. I am a Rossi fan, but I soured on him last year. I thought his actions and words were bullshit. Right from the beginning when he signed with Yamaha before the season started to try to force Lorenzo out. Now I see Lorenzo as a sort of underdog, and it's hard not to want to see him make the ballsy move and actually succeed.

Paul_E_D

I'm for both. I'm (obviously) a Ducati fan, and would love to see them win.
    I'm also a big fan of Rossi, and would love to see him take that 10th title.
    Last year's events soured me a lot more on Marquez than on Rossi.
    Also, on the organizers and rulesmakers and all of that.

PhilB

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    And I kind of hope he does it. I am a Rossi fan, but I soured on him last year. I thought his actions and words were bullshit. Right from the beginning when he signed with Yamaha before the season started to try to force Lorenzo out. Now I see Lorenzo as a sort of underdog, and it's hard not to want to see him make the ballsy move and actually succeed.
    It was always going to happen, even Michael Jordan went through it. It sucks watching the topdog get relegated down a step.

Had the Ducati project gone a little better he could've retired on a high note. Now he's holding on too long and it's not that much fun to see.

I like to see Jorge succeed for the same reasons as you, I don't like seeing him win races because he does by so much it takes the fun out of the room. It's a love/hate thing for me.

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    I'm for both. I'm (obviously) a Ducati fan, and would love to see them win.
    I'm also a big fan of Rossi, and would love to see him take that 10th title.
    Last year's events soured me a lot more on Marquez than on Rossi.
    Also, on the organizers and rulesmakers and all of that.

PhilB
    I can't quit Marquez, I tried but I just can't. I want to but those muscles and that smile, bike bucking back and forth - he melts my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post
    ... Now he's holding on too long and it's not that much fun to see. ...
    I don't think he's holding on too long at all. He's still a real threat to win races. He's still fighting for the championships, and in the running. He's still clearly better and faster than all but about 4 or 5 others in the field. Yes, he's not at his peak anymore, but he's a long way from being an also-ran or a has-been. When he gets to where he's finishing mid-pack regularly, and no longer a threat to win races, then he will have been holding on too long.

I can't quit Marquez, I tried but I just can't. I want to but those muscles and that smile, bike bucking back and forth - he melts my heart.
    I don't hate Marquez; he's a great rider. I thought he ended that season in a very unsportsmanlike manner.

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises

Now he's holding on too long and it's not that much fun to see..
    You do realize he finished 2nd in the championship right? If that's holding on too long, sign my ass up!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

I live for motogp, I got it - he got 2nd.

My opinion of holding on too long is based on the look on his face during this season. He's lost that loving feeling, time to go find it elsewhere.

I live for motogp, I got it - he got 2nd.

My opinion of holding on too long is based on the look on his face during this season. He's lost that loving feeling, time to go find it elsewhere.
    I think that was not so much about not loving racing anymore, but more about frustration with bike problems and bad luck. If Yamaha can get their shit back together and provide him with reliable bikes, I bet we'd see a lot more smiling.

PhilB

All this talk of Marquez, Rossi, the fuede that they had last season.

Im surprised no one else has commented on the big error on Ducati's part today.

There was an article on Moto Matters a few weeks ago about the gentlemens agreement that teams have when riders switch teams at the end of the season. See the contracts go based on calender year not on race season. The article stated that basically this is for PR obligations, marketing for sponsors and just made life easier on team managers.

So as part of this gentlemens agreement the riders that switch teams arent allowed to compare bikes when talking to the media, they aren't allowed to run any team specific sponsors on bikes or leathers, and most importantly they are not allowed at all to have the new bike manufactures logo on there leathers, helmet, or the bike they are riding. This again is to keep current contracted sponsors happy.

So what was Ducati's mistake. Well they always put the Corse logo on the front fender, and guess what was in plain sight all day long in almost every photo of Lorenzo, the corse logo on the front fender.

I happened to notice it when downloading the photos from moto gp's website, they had posted a photo after the morning session straight on of the bike mid corner, then the same one in the afternoon. Thats when I noted the difference.

So my question is, when will Yamaha who has bad blood with him already say something, or maybe they already have.

Overlooked the fact that Lorenzo will have Stoner in his ear at Ducati, that's one bad hombre.

MotoGP 2016-lorenzoducati3-jpg

Test wrapped up with no new surprises. I'm not convinced that it was a smashing success for Lorenzo and Ducati, but he did look pretty happy most of the time. It looked like his real pace was almost 2 seconds off and that he could grab a couple of quick laps when he pushed. What the real situation is, time will tell.

Paul_E_D

Overlooked the fact that Lorenzo will have Stoner in his ear at Ducati, that's one bad hombre.

MotoGP 2016-lorenzoducati3-jpg
    Fucking right. Goddamn I wish he would have come back to the series to race again...

Good bike plus all the motivation in the world to prove he can do something the almighty Rossi couldn't...we all know a motivated Lorenzo is a scary Lorenzo...
    Ditto.

Lorenzo can be a little cocky, but he is fast as hell.

Lorenzo was very fast right out od the gate on the Desmo. Also, I think that Iannone will put Suzuki on the podium next year. Can't way to see the four major manufacturers gunning for the title next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    Lol...did he read that?!? My Aussie friends were freakin out on FB. It was quite a race to watch, but how long till Miller does that again....
    Four years ten months apparently.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice