Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Racing forks question

Banned

Racing forks question

Does anyone know if i can use RC51 forks on my CBR600 for Superbike racing?

derek

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned

Racing forks question

Thanks Mick. Yes, I know i can do it. It is a direct swap, but is it legal for superbike racing?

degs

Racing forks question

Degsy,
    I thought with Superbikes you could do a lot of changes to the bike suspension wise. I was looking through the 2002 rule book and it doesn't say what can be done to the front suspension. It say's the rear shock can be replaced and relocated, but doesn't say anything about the front forks.

Sorry.

Banned

Racing forks question

yeah, I'm confused. I was going to out an RC51 front end on my race bike but i'm not sure if it would be beneficial anway. The RC51 front end is heavier than the CBR600 and some say it isn't as good handling-wise.

degs

Racing forks question

I guess it depends on how much weight you are talking about. 1-2 pounds not a real big deal, but 5 + pounds then you might just get the stock forks reworked.

RSVMILLE661

Racing forks question

Degs,
    Superbike yes Supersport no.

Superbike you can run any type of suspension component so long as it mounts to the same place as stock. An example would be running a SV650 in MWSB with GSXR forks. Guys do it all the time.

Brakes again they can be anything so long as they are same diameter as stock.

Banned

Racing forks question

Thanks Scott. We will see. I think the F4i would be awesome with the bigger USD forks from the RC, but I'm pretty sure they would weigh a few pounds more.

RSVMILLE661

Racing forks question

This is how the rule is written for SBK. It mentions the rear shock but leaves the forks out of the discussion so my "interpretation" is have a good time with the forks.

8.2 SuperBike - SuperBikes are based upon production models, sold by manufacturer and their dealers anywhere in the world for street use via normal commercial channels. Proof of compliance rests with the competitor entering the motorcycle. All machines must have unaltered VIN numbers. CCS reserves the right to declare unusual or limited production machines eligible for SuperBike competition. All machines must meet the standards of Section 5 as well as the following.

8.2.1. All machines must meet the equipment standards of Section 5, as well as the following:

A. Frame and engine cases must be from a production, street use motorcycle, except for single cylinder motorcycles, which may use any frame or engine. Note: Two stroke GP type machines such as TZ 125 and RS 125, etc. are excluded from SuperBike.

B. The frame must be as originally supplied by the manufacturer on the approved model. Strengthening gussets or tubes may be added. Only brackets or tubes not supporting suspension, engine, or drive line components may be removed. Swing arms may be modified or replaced and rear shocks may be replaced or relocated.

C. Reducing engine size of machines from stock displacement to meet lower class displacement limits is not allowed. (i.e. a bike that is a Heavyweight in origin cannot be re-sized for Middleweight competition.
    D. Any fairing may be used if it meets the requirements of Section 5.

E. Liquid cooling is not allowed unless original equipment on the model being used.