Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

rookie race

rookie race

Best, most fun Saturday ever.

My race report is to thank everyone who helped me get out there. There is so much stuff to do and I didn't think I was going to be ready in time for the rookie race (I was actually thinking of running rain tires because I couldn't get tires changed in time, but thankfully it worked out). Racers are awsome and helped me out.

thanks to everyone, but in particular:

jason (304 I think) - I was late for my 1st real race and he came over cool and collected..."okay, no worries...let's just get you going..." (plus shared an outlet, helped me mount my transponder, etc, ect..)

Dollar "I thought I was finished working on this bike" Bill #505- My go to guy in the morning. What do I do? Where do I go...etc?

And a huge thanks to Dan #441 - helped me get all my stuff figured out and ready for my first race day (anyone remember how much stuff there is to do to get ready? thanks dan)

Edit to mention: there was another NESR guy who had his rookie race/first couple of races....he is fast...1.20.xxxx

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by wookie; 10-07-07 at 07:37 PM.
    2006 Triumph Speed Triple - Street
    2003 R6 - Track
    2000 SV650 - Street/Track

That's right, back to a 2 cylinder, 3 cylinder, and a 4 cylinder.

rookie race

Jay (#304) had told me you had planned to race the rookie race this weekend (we all went on that early season ride just after you got the Speed 3) and I would have made it if not for the endless supply of leaf peepers. Managed to grab these the next time you were out there though. Never did get a chance to stop by and say hello. You were getting ready/just got in from a race and I didn't want to bother.

Then as I'm leaving, we tried to occupy the same space in between some cars just after a race

Look great out there!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Hoss; 10-07-07 at 08:51 PM.