Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

VP Fuels

VP Fuels

Anyone know whats going on with this?

I head over to the fuel shed to get a can of C12 and they ran out. Isnt this one of our spec fuels? I was offered sunoco fuel instead which the guy insisted is the same as C12 just a few dollars more. Luckily I had enough gas to get me through the weekend so I turned it down.

Looking over the spec of C12 and the two sunoco fuels they are close but they are not the same. Almost every spec is different just a little bit. The supreme seems the way to go but it is different. I dont know if its enough to matter at all, Im not a motor guy.

Is this going to be an on going thing for the season? If I get piss tested with sunoco in my tank will I pass? I have other sources to get C12 its just not as convenient as at the track.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    James

Re: VP Fuels

Sunoco is legal and is part of the spec fuel program.

Email Tom Blanchette directly and ask what the deal is. He doesnt visit NESR and prefers to be contacted directly.

tblanchette@nhms.com

He usually responds quickly. Update us when you hear back.

SG

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

While we are on the subject:

I have 2 days on the track coming up next week and I am out of gas due to the lack of C12 this last weekend.

Does anyone know of a place where I can pick up 10 gals between connecticut and NHMS?

Quote Originally Posted by PainfullySlow View Post
    Does anyone know of a place where I can pick up 10 gals between connecticut and NHMS?
    i did the Boston Moto track day last week & a truck came by with a few jugs of VP and Sunoco. Not sure who you're riding with (Penguin, FishTail, TTD, etc), but they may be able to radio to the staff & get you some gas.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Wirelessly posted (TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M810; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Tom said they ordered based off week 1 sales. For those of us looking for c12 we know they ran out Saturday. He said they are going to order 125% more for the classic. Ill put up his email when I get home tonight.

I guess my next question is for Eric. Will the fuel be availible to us during the 2 day school?

James

dont know if this helps, but columbus oil in swansea, ma sells vp fuels, thats where i get meth for my car.

I'm sure that this was just a learning-curve incident and that the track should have plenty of fuel from now on. VP Racing Fuel should be available at all club events and track days (including the four-wheeled crowd). If you cannot get fuel at the track, you can get pails of VP C12 and Streetblaze from Freedom Cycle in Concord or John Decato in Loudon at 603-216-7855. I'm about an hour east of the track Monday-Thursday from 8-6 at 207-439-3568 at Eastern VP Sales. Contact me for more dealers if you are in NH, ME or the northeast corner of MA.

Here is what Tom sent me.

"Sorry about the inventory issues on the C12. We sold 42 pails in April and we had 54 pails in inventory for this past weekend and sold out on Saturday. We will increase our order by 125% for the Classic weekend so it should not be a problem at all. Once again sorry but we really thought based on entry numbers we were covered but it was a bad assumption on our part which we hope will not happen again."

Seems like an honest mistake. Glad I was prepared with enough gas to last the weekend. I just wanted to stock up for the classic when I went over.

James

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

I talked to the guys at VP and they are definitely going to help rectify the situation. This should never happen again, but in the crazy case that it does, VP C12 is always availble at Freedom Cycle in Concord.

We plan to have VP available during the 2 day school....working out details now.

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

FYI I spoke with Wanda who informed me that they should have C12 available at the TTD coming up next week