Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks cornerworkers and others!

No dummy shiney side UP!! BioSpeedBump's Avatar

Re: Thanks cornerworkers and others!

turn 10 Sat and turn 2 Sun::: Im actually going to thank all the riders who did go down in my corner, and thankfully all of you got right back UP!!!!But I thank you because without those little sprints to get warmer, not to mention the adrenaline push; it would have been that much more miserable out there.. My question is why the hell didn't I grab an easy-up?!?!?! duh me

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

My legs have never been this sore after a race weekend... I can barely walk today lol. For some reasons the crashes seemed to follow me this weekend, T3&T10 on Saturday and T12 Sunday. I definitely met a bunch of people I hadnt met before and some of you that I know quite well at this point

Coming from someone who was lucky enough to be under an easy up Sunday... it kept the rain from being annoying but I was still soaked straight through my rain gear although I think most of it was sweat from 80 yard dashes chasing sliding bikes and riders all day.

People ask me all the time why im crazy/stupid enough to play in traffic at the track and my answer has always been the same. I care about the riders, too many of them are my friends... you guys put on a great show for us and without you racing I wouldnt have something fun to do on my weekends. The second thing I usually tell my friends is that you will never meet a more thankful group of people than the motorcycle racers at LRRS. So thank you guys for going out there and playing with us.

The two most interesting things I watched this weekend from T12:

Watching from T12 and seeing Greenwoods bike launch itself up through the trees from T8 to T4. It takes a lot at this point for me to say "Holy F*$k OMG" and that made the cut! Glad to see he was alright but I imagine the bike was thrashed...

Watching Ricky Doucette ride bitch on Scottie Mullens race bike during the cool down lap after a T2 crash. Amazing sportsmanship and I wish I hope someone got it on camera

-Lou

Add me on LinkedIN
    Buying or selling a car? Free listings - FeaturedCars.com

Bikes:
    07 GSXR 750 (Street)
    88 YSR50 (Street Hilarity)

Quote Originally Posted by BioSpeedBump View Post
    turn 10 Sat and turn 2 Sun::: Im actually going to thank all the riders who did go down in my corner, and thankfully all of you got right back UP!!!!But I thank you because without those little sprints to get warmer, not to mention the adrenaline push; it would have been that much more miserable out there.. My question is why the hell didn't I grab an easy-up?!?!?! duh me

Hey, If you need one during the classic I have one you can Borrow......anytime

Quote Originally Posted by Palm Bomb View Post
    Huge thanks for what I'm sure is often a thankless job...huge thumbs up
    You'd be surprised, we get thanked multiple times every weekend. At least those of us who socialize in the pits do. As Lou said, LRRS is an extremely thankful group of racers, and it never ceases to amaze me how much we are appreciated on any given day - heat, sun, wind, rain, cold, you name it, we are being thanked for it.

And we love doing it. Crazy though you may be, we like you guys and want to keep you safe so we have someone to tease at the end of the day

And since we're sharing, T12Flag Saturday, T1 Flag Sunday

Last edited by mzdagrl; 05-17-11 at 10:00 PM.
    Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

T12 on Saturday, T2 Flag on Sunday. Thanks for the recognition guys, it is usually fun for me, but the combination of my rain gear not being waterproof anymore (spraying it with water proofer this week) and being injured made Sunday about the most miserable day i have worked in the corners in the 5 years that i have been doing it...

It was completely worth it though to see the amazing sportsmanship with Scott Mullen and Rick Ducette. Scott crashed and could not ride his bike, so after the race Rick stopped on the cool down lap to help and ended up pushing bike to bike back to the pits... The next race that they were both in Rick crashed in T2 and broke his bike and Scott pulled up on the cool down lap and gave him a ride 2-UP back to the pits... Some of the best sportsmanship i have seen and all on a crappy day.

Quote Originally Posted by reiobard View Post
    T12 on Saturday, T2 Flag on Sunday. Thanks for the recognition guys, it is usually fun for me, but the combination of my rain gear not being waterproof anymore (spraying it with water proofer this week) and being injured made Sunday about the most miserable day i have worked in the corners in the 5 years that i have been doing it...

It was completely worth it though to see the amazing sportsmanship with Scott Mullen and Rick Ducette. Scott crashed and could not ride his bike, so after the race Rick stopped on the cool down lap to help and ended up pushing bike to bike back to the pits... The next race that they were both in Rick crashed in T2 and broke his bike and Scott pulled up on the cool down lap and gave him a ride 2-UP back to the pits... Some of the best sportsmanship i have seen and all on a crappy day.
    You've got that right! I remember hearing that on the radio, and I thought the same thing. I was waiting for Rick to come around after the race for a thumbs up, since it was a great dogfight for the lead. Hearing that he was helping get Scott off the track was kickass. Having the good returned the next race was karma being repayed.

Steve

Add another gracious "thank you" for our corner workers.

I have not met many of you but have always been impressed with your level of dedication to LRRS.

While I quite enjoy rain races, I am not sure how in the hell such a large number of people all come together and post up at the cornerworker stations around the track and stay there for hours then proceed to repeat that for every race weekend, rain or shine, hot or cold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12