Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

New/ aftermarket gauges for race SV650

New/ aftermarket gauges for race SV650

My stock cluster got all banged up in the last crash. It was also big and a pain to mount without bodywork. I'm looking for something with a tach, shift light, oil light, neutral light and water temp. Plug and play would be the tits, but it doesn't seem like that exists. I found some expensive shit, and then this Trail Tech || Vapor Kit: 752-600 (Black) and this to attach to it Trail Tech || Vapor/Striker Indicator Light Dashboard. Does anyone have any experience with this setup? Can someone recommend something different? I know, I know, you don't need gauges, you don't need a tach, run it without it bla bla bla. I like my gauges.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Re: New/ aftermarket gauges for race SV650

Check out Koso gauges, bet they've got something that'll do the trick for a reasonable price.

Lifer

If looking for a cheaper way out, Chuck suggested that a mid 90's Katana tach will work. I bought one this winter for all of $30 off the bay of fleas. I've yet to actually get it wired or installed. It's on my todo list for upgrades.

I run a Daytona temp gauge.

I have nothing for the rest of the indicators items you listed.

It's funny because I just had the TT Vapor mounted on my 02 SV650 track bike over the winter. THE GOOD: It's a neat and tidy unit; the weight reduction is substantial too. When my mechanic removed the stock "stay" and gauges he approximated the savings at like 5 or 6 lbs. The setup, buttons and display are very user friendly and look good. To initially set it up I had to manually enter the height from the botttom of the front tire to the top to effectively calibrate the correct MPH. It seems to be pretty accurate.....Don't forget that they need a MM size, so convert from inches.

THE BAD: The RPM gauge isn't working properly AT ALL. It registers a change in RPM when I rev it but it's way off......in neutral if I rev it HARD (almost redline) it will show like 3 or 4k. Not good. I called my mechanic and he told me to disconnect the battery leads and then re-enter the user settings. I did that and it's still the same. I'm gonna bring it back to him and he can play with it. It's wired to the coils 4 or 5 times??

Anyway; bang for the buck it's an amazing buy. DIRT CHEAP! Way better than stock IMO.....once you figure out the tiny intricacies then you'll love it more. What do you expect for short money?? Lol

New/ aftermarket gauges for race SV650-img_2415-jpg

Last edited by South of Heaven; 05-10-15 at 10:04 PM.
    [SIGPIhttp://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic8737_4.gifC][/SIGPIC]

What did you use for the Rpm pickup? From what I've read there are three ways to do it. One involves wrapping the plug lead. The other gets a signal directly from the coil, and I think there was one more.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

Go onto SVrider.com. There is a fix for this as I remember. A bunch of guys over there run this gauge and someone came up with a fix that fixes the revs.

Quote Originally Posted by South of Heaven View Post
    It's funny because I just had the TT Vapor mounted on my 02 SV650 track bike over the winter. THE GOOD: It's a neat and tidy unit; the weight reduction is substantial too. When my mechanic removed the stock "stay" and gauges he approximated the savings at like 5 or 6 lbs. The setup, buttons and display are very user friendly and look good. To initially set it up I had to manually enter the height from the botttom of the front tire to the top to effectively calibrate the correct MPH. It seems to be pretty accurate.....Don't forget that they need a MM size, so convert from inches.

THE BAD: The RPM gauge isn't working properly AT ALL. It registers a change in RPM when I rev it but it's way off......in neutral if I rev it HARD (almost redline) it will show like 3 or 4k. Not good. I called my mechanic and he told me to disconnect the battery leads and then re-enter the user settings. I did that and it's still the same. I'm gonna bring it back to him and he can play with it. It's wired to the coils 4 or 5 times??

Anyway; bang for the buck it's an amazing buy. DIRT CHEAP! Way better than stock IMO.....once you figure out the tiny intricacies then you'll love it more. What do you expect for short money?? Lol

New/ aftermarket gauges for race SV650-img_2415-jpg

2006 Ducati Monster S2R800

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    What did you use for the Rpm pickup? From what I've read there are three ways to do it. One involves wrapping the plug lead. The other gets a signal directly from the coil, and I think there was one more.
    Coil.

[SIGPIhttp://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic8737_4.gifC][/SIGPIC]

Alright. You got me, I bought one. Hopefully it's here on time to get it wered.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube