Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Yamaha R1 best mod shop in NE

Yamaha R1 best mod shop in NE

Hello friends!
    I'm new to the site and have a few "Q's".

I live in Newport,RI and i have a 2001 Yamaha R1.

I have Dymag C/F Magnesium wheels that need new tires. These wheels are not on the bike yet, so i need a shop with a "NoMar machine" with a dude that knows what his doing.

Also i need a motorcycle shop that his "KING" on a carb bike motor

I have been advised by a good friend that "Valley Motorsports" is a good spot. But is a hell of a drive for me. But i dont really mind if they are the shizzet

Also, I did PM "Tricky Mike" for the C/F wheels tire change

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Tricky mike for the tires and the carb go to guy on here is tlrman

Corey

Re: Yamaha R1 best mod shop in NE

Full throttle in Fairhaven mass does a lot of carb work. It's probably about 40 minutes from Newport.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Adrenaline cycle. Swansea, ma. Check them out. The new ship is huge and they have an awesome service department.

And there is no reason that you need to use a manual changer for CF rims. I have changed many tires on CF rims with zero damage at all.

I've had great luck with Razee's in North Kingstown, RI for tire changing and carb work back when I had my 1998 R1. I think they just became a gold star dealer from Yamaha because of their good reviews and service. 401-884-6632 or 401-295-8837

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post

Adrenaline cycle. Swansea, ma. Check them out. The new ship is huge and they have an awesome service department.

And there is no reason that you need to use a manual changer for CF rims. I have changed many tires on CF rims with zero damage at all.
    I have been there before for some Gilles Variobar prices. Aren't they afew miles up a storage unit? I didn't like what i saw. I used Windmills in Dartmouth for a stock rear tire replacement and Gilles lifters and a State sticker years back. OK i guess!

I've had great luck with Razee's in North Kingstown, RI for tire changing and carb work back when I had my 1998 R1. I think they just became a gold star dealer from Yamaha because of their good reviews and service. 401-884-6632 or 401-295-8837
    I did called them up. Spoke with "Peter". He said that they do have a "NoMar" machine, and they do install C/F wheels for $30. Will check them out...

Last edited by ChristianBale; 02-04-12 at 12:04 PM.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianBale View Post
    I have been there before for some Gilles Variobar prices. Aren't they afew miles up a storage unit? I didn't like what i saw. I used Windmills in Dartmouth for a stock rear tire replacement and Gilles lifters and a State sticker years back. OK i guess!
    they have a new shop. just had a grand opening. give them a second look, i havent been there and never saw the old shop. but pics of the new one look nice.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    they have a new shop. just had a grand opening. give them a second look, i havent been there and never saw the old shop. but pics of the new one look nice.
    I google them...I will check them out.Thx

2555 GAR Highway Swansea, MA 02777-3349
    (508) 379-0100

Banned

Tell them that you were referred to them through NESR and they will take care of you.

ACS Racing in Hanover can get your carbs dialed in to perfection...

MY NAME IS JUSTIN I OWN ADRENALINE CYCLE & RACE @ LOUDON , DRAG RACE IN EPPING. WE HAVE BEEN IN BIZ FOR 10YRS NOW. WE DO ALL KINDS OF CUSTOM WORK, ENGINE BUILDING & REPAIR. WE HAVE A DYNO JET 250I DYNO & ARE 1 OF ONLY A FEW CERTIFED TUNNING CENTER IN THE AREA, IF YOU LOOK ON DYNO JETS WEBSITE. WE CAN GET YOUR BIKE DIALED IN PERFECTLY, AS WE DO MANY CARBURATED & FI BIKES. I OWNED A 1999 R1 FOR MANY YEARS WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT, SO IM VERY FIMILAR WITH THEM. I HAVE 2 BIKES OF MY OWN WITH CARBON FIBER & MAG RIMS & HAVE SOLD & INSTALLED MANY SETS(DEGSY IS RIGHT YOU CAN USE ELECTRIC TIRE MACHINE TO CHANGE, YOU JUST NEED TO TURN DOWN THE CLAMPING PSI ON TIRE MACHINE). WE ALSO HAVE JUST ABOUT EVERY USED PART FOR ANY SPORT FORM 1999-2010. GIVE ME A CALL @ 508-379-0100 OR STOP BY OUR NEW SHOP @

2555 GAR HIGHWAY
    SWANSEA, MA

OUR WEBSITE IS VERY OLD & IS BE REDONE AS WE SPEAK, SO PLEASE DON'T JUDGE BY THAT AT ALL.

RIDE SAFE - RIDE FAST,
    JUSTIN

Banned

Hi Justin! Stop shouting!!!

FYI folks, Justin isn't big into the interwebz stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Razees built 3 very trick R6 trackbikes last year. Some good performance oriented techs there. One raced AMA Pro road racing nationals a few years back and the service manager was also an expert AAMRR road racer and they've done alot of tuning so carb work is second nature.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by backinthesaddle; 02-04-12 at 07:36 PM.
    2013 ZX6R-636

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
    MY NAME IS JUSTIN I OWN ADRENALINE CYCLE & RACE @ LOUDON , DRAG RACE IN EPPING. WE HAVE BEEN IN BIZ FOR 10YRS NOW. WE DO ALL KINDS OF CUSTOM WORK, ENGINE BUILDING & REPAIR. WE HAVE A DYNO JET 250I DYNO & ARE 1 OF ONLY A FEW CERTIFED TUNNING CENTER IN THE AREA, IF YOU LOOK ON DYNO JETS WEBSITE. WE CAN GET YOUR BIKE DIALED IN PERFECTLY, AS WE DO MANY CARBURATED & FI BIKES. I OWNED A 1999 R1 FOR MANY YEARS WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT, SO IM VERY FIMILAR WITH THEM. I HAVE 2 BIKES OF MY OWN WITH CARBON FIBER & MAG RIMS & HAVE SOLD & INSTALLED MANY SETS(DEGSY IS RIGHT YOU CAN USE ELECTRIC TIRE MACHINE TO CHANGE, YOU JUST NEED TO TURN DOWN THE CLAMPING PSI ON TIRE MACHINE). WE ALSO HAVE JUST ABOUT EVERY USED PART FOR ANY SPORT FORM 1999-2010. GIVE ME A CALL @ 508-379-0100 OR STOP BY OUR NEW SHOP @

2555 GAR HIGHWAY
    SWANSEA, MA

OUR WEBSITE IS VERY OLD & IS BE REDONE AS WE SPEAK, SO PLEASE DON'T JUDGE BY THAT AT ALL.

RIDE SAFE - RIDE FAST,
    JUSTIN
    Hi Justin,
    I passed by your shop yesterday "Saturday" and yes the new location is a big improvement over the old one. I really liked the Duc 848 and the Aprillia on your window
    Will check you out for some mods.

Razees built 3 very trick R6 trackbikes last year. Some good performance oriented techs there. One raced AMA Pro road racing nationals a few years back and the service manager was also an expert AAMRR road racer and they've done alot of tuning so carb work is second nature.
    WoW! Really...!! I really got to check them out now!
    I spoke with "Peter" on service department, and he really sounded professional when i asked about the C/F wheels tires install. I will go there next Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
    Yes! i was there today 3/24/2012 awesome place!!!

Last edited by ChristianBale; 03-24-12 at 05:12 PM.