Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Results 226 to 244 of 244

Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

  1. #226
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    11,369

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by bstnsboy View Post
    Break'er Bikes Motor Sports - Home | Facebook 20 dollars a wheel off the bike. Exeter N.H.
    Dropped my wheels and tires off at 8:30 one night and they were done the next morning by 10:30!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “When it comes to the kitchen, I have a narrow band of competency.”
    Master Mechanic Roger Barr in “Chasing Classic Cars.”

  2. #227

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jaehok View Post
    Detailed Cycles - Wilmington MA, Motorcycle Detailing 781-858 1019 i think its $25, he's not a fan of bridgestones

    Chris - 603-998-1413 West bridgewater. $25

    Both prices for wheel off the bike.
    Unfortunately, Detailed Cycles is no more, but the previous owner directed me to Bay4 cycles in Tewksbury for tire service.


    Anyone have a good place in the North Attleboro area? thanks

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #228
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    11,369

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    Twisted Throttle sells Avons, does installs $40 per tire.

    Service Department | TwistedThrottle.com

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “When it comes to the kitchen, I have a narrow band of competency.”
    Master Mechanic Roger Barr in “Chasing Classic Cars.”

  4. #229
    Member PurplePackage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Chelmsford, MA
    Posts
    171

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    I just bought a full tire machine, will post a tire service once I know how to do it, stay tuned

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #230
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    w. bridgewater
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    Anyone aware of tire changing spots in the south shore area? Looks like Chris's spot in West Bridgewater closed down.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '15 Yamaha R1
    '13 Ducati hyper sp

    If you look down, you go down. That may be fun at an orgy, but it sucks on a bike

  6. #231
    Dunk'n Donuts Junky™ duey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wilmington MA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    780

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sxlova07 View Post
    Anyone aware of tire changing spots in the south shore area? Looks like Chris's spot in West Bridgewater closed down.
    He can be a tough guy to get ahold of sometimes but I'm pretty sure Mike at Gallery Motorsports in Rockland can help you out. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100054387555352

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 Ducati Panigale V2
    2020 Honda Grom

  7. #232
    Junior Member DirtDawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Nashua NH
    Age
    29
    Posts
    45

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePackage View Post
    I just bought a full tire machine, will post a tire service once I know how to do it, stay tuned
    You still considering this? Chelmsford is the next town over from me. I've been doing them myself with spoons and balance beads or going to Breaker, but Exeter is a haul.
    Hell, even if you decided you don't want to do it, I would pay you to use your tire machine.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #233
    Member PurplePackage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Chelmsford, MA
    Posts
    171

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtDawg21892 View Post
    You still considering this? Chelmsford is the next town over from me. I've been doing them myself with spoons and balance beads or going to Breaker, but Exeter is a haul.
    Hell, even if you decided you don't want to do it, I would pay you to use your tire machine.
    I haven't gotten around to buying the motorcycle "kit" but yes, I should be able to do them with my machine.

    http://mayflowertools.com/product/ne...rim-clamp-set/
    http://mayflowertools.com/product/ne...chine-package/

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #234
    Member PurplePackage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Chelmsford, MA
    Posts
    171

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    I ordered the rim clamp set, but I'm not throwing down 200 for a balancer if you're happy using beads.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #235
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,125,658

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePackage View Post
    I ordered the rim clamp set, but I'm not throwing down 200 for a balancer if you're happy using beads.
    I've been using one of the spin static balancers. No complaints yet! Can't remember which one or where I got it though. My memory sucks, but I think it was less than $75.00 shipped. Works like a charm from sportbikes to baggers.

    DISCLAIMER: I don't offer tire changing services. A few of us just muscle 'em off & on with spoons and use my balancer.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  11. #236
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,253

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I've been using one of the spin static balancers. No complaints yet! Can't remember which one or where I got it though. My memory sucks, but I think it was less than $75.00 shipped. Works like a charm from sportbikes to baggers.

    DISCLAIMER: I don't offer tire changing services. A few of us just muscle 'em off & on with spoons and use my balancer.
    Only problem I've found with those is the wheel doesn't spin as easily because of the garbage bearings. After 5 or 6 years the bearings were junk. I don't use it much anymore but if I buy another it will be a nicer quality unit.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  12. #237
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,125,658

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Only problem I've found with those is the wheel doesn't spin as easily because of the garbage bearings. After 5 or 6 years the bearings were junk. I don't use it much anymore but if I buy another it will be a nicer quality unit.
    I can see that. It's served me well to this point...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  13. #238
    Posting Freak jeantarrou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rhody
    Posts
    777

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    Not related to balancers (I've had 100's of trouble free changes with my Atlas electronic balancer, "knocks on wood..."), but I recently got a pair of these "rim clamps". So incredibly helpful when installing tires in cold weather, it's like having two extra hands.
    "Atlas® Hands Free Clamp For Tire Changers" https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/A...kaAh4CEALw_wcB

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hyper

  14. #239
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,125,658

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeantarrou View Post
    Not related to balancers (I've had 100's of trouble free changes with my Atlas electronic balancer, "knocks on wood..."), but I recently got a pair of these "rim clamps". So incredibly helpful when installing tires in cold weather, it's like having two extra hands.
    "Atlas® Hands Free Clamp For Tire Changers" https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/A...kaAh4CEALw_wcB
    I stumbled across a few different versions of those. Always wondered if they were worth it. I may grab a couple now...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  15. #240
    Posting Freak jeantarrou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rhody
    Posts
    777

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I stumbled across a few different versions of those. Always wondered if they were worth it. I may grab a couple now...
    And FWIW I bought the cheapos on Amazon, functionally they seem totally fine.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hyper

  16. #241
    Member PurplePackage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Chelmsford, MA
    Posts
    171

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeantarrou View Post
    And FWIW I bought the cheapos on Amazon, functionally they seem totally fine.
    Good to know, I'll setup an ebay alert to find one extra cheap.

    edit: it was only $14, just got one

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by PurplePackage; 04-16-21 at 12:40 PM. Reason: $14

  17. #242
    Member PurplePackage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Chelmsford, MA
    Posts
    171

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    The rim clamps arrived. PM me to do your wheels.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  18. #243
    suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Wilmington, MA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,844

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePackage View Post
    The rim clamps arrived. PM me to do your wheels.
    hmmm.. i do have some dirt tires and some street tires PM coming I was going to do it at a buddies house over beers and swearing

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    hmmmm......

  19. #244
    Junior Member DirtDawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Nashua NH
    Age
    29
    Posts
    45

    Re: Read Here For Tire Changing!!!

    I'll be in touch soon, with all the nice weather we've been having I'll probably be needing some new rubber on a couple bikes within a month or so.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. Tire changing south shore
    By Degsy in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-04-09, 04:16 PM
  2. Tire Changing Near Springfield?
    By TTD in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-15-06, 10:00 AM
  3. Place on south shore for tire changing
    By kmobrien76 in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-06, 02:06 PM
  4. Tire changing....@ Stonnerstock
    By Nikon in forum Bike Maintenance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-09-04, 09:56 AM
  5. Hey Josh info on your tire changing stuff needed
    By snowborder in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-25-03, 02:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •