Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

AM 331 sorta race report

AM 331 sorta race report

I spent a small fortune on the bike this winter, big things being full exhaust, full Bazzaz TC system, slipper clutch and new bodywork.

Friday I went up for practice. first session was terrible. off/on throttle transition was absolutely terrible. the bike would lurch and bobble for a second before smoothing out. wasn't sure what the problem was. figured maybe it was the new MP throttle so I changed to the next size down reel. next session it wasn't as bad but still there. also noticed I had an FI error light. well I haven't seen my service manual in months so I start searching the internet. I wanted to raise the idle but apparently there's only 2 ways to do it on my bike. one involves replacing a throttle stop or some part on the throttle bodies and make an idle adjuster but that's not really a good solution people say. other fix is buy the HRC ECU. so I lift the tank to check the IACV and its fine but I found the hose for the MAP sensor is disconnected. that fixed the problem. the bike really fucking rips now with the extra power.

signed up for all 8 races I can do.

Saturday, this is gonna be rough with both GTU and MWGP today and them being longer than normal races. I also made first practice for the second time ever.

GTU 3rd
    HWSS got a good start and passed the whole F50L grid into or in T1. maybe it was a fluke my start was decent. finished 6th
    UNGP get an awesome start and only a 2 or 3 people in front of me in T1 then a red flag on lap 1 or 2. we sit on pregrid for awhile. restart I get another awesome launch and head into T1 behind Mike Clark and Brad Erling then the back end spins the bike out from under me in T1a. I was so scared everyone behind me was gonna hit me or my bike but everyone did great and missed me. got back on and finished second to last cause Jim got hit and taken down.
    MWGP 7th

Sunday
    MWSB 6th
    UNSS 7th
    MWSS 5th
    UNSB had a great battle with Dylan Moore for probably the last half or more of this race. back and forth a couple times. he rides that old Kawi really well and he's very smooth. I'd hate to see what he could do on a newer faster lighter bike. He got the better of lapped traffic on the last lap and I just couldn't get a good enough drive to pass a lapper and him out of twelve. finished .3 behind him, another 50 feet and I might have been by. it was fun though. finished 7th

8 races was fun but very tiring. I think I might just do 5 or 6 next round. not all that happy with my lap times, best of 1:21.4 but I've learned how to finally get the bike off the line. corner entry is the main problem that I'll work on next round.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: AM 331 sorta race report

how many of our 5 races did you finish behind me?
    glad my sticker helped

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

8 races? That's like the same price as your truck in just race entry fees!

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    how many of our 5 races did you finish behind me?
    glad my sticker helped
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    8 races? That's like the same price as your truck in just race entry fees!
    I wish, my truck has been paid off for 3 years

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

I think if you are passing someone and the bikes collide, the general consensus is that you hit someone, not you got hit.

Trade quantity for quality... haha

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted

I think if you are passing someone and the bikes collide, the general consensus is that you hit someone, not you got hit.
    hey hey. I passed in T11 on the outside. that rider took me out in T11a on the inside

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

hey hey. I passed in T11 on the outside. that rider took me out in T11a on the inside
    thats the risk you take for trying to pull a pass there. if you arent going much MUCH faster than the rider you are passing then thats what can happen. same thing with 8

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

You sir, are a machine. 8 races is absolutely insane. Sorry about the off but it didnt seem to put a dent in your riding, glad you were able to get right back out there.

Definitely looking forward to seeing what you can do in Rd2

Good job on simply being able to complete 8 races Brett! I like CEO's "quality > quantity" statement. Maybe even take 3 race entries and do a trackday - a little slower, a lot more laps, so you're able to concentrate on refining some more things, getting more reference points, etc. Not sure what your perceived or actual roadbloacks are (and, it's still only the first round!), but one step back could bring you two steps forward.

Where's 11a?!

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Where's 11a?!
    Right before 12, and right after 11. the right hander.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

some people say 11, 11a, 12 and some people say 11, 12, 12a

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS #313

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    Trade quantity for quality... haha
    all of my races are of the same quality...well maybe not the one with the crash. my best lap of the weekend came in the 7th race of the weekend. so I'd say more races didn't hurt the quality of my racing.

Quote Originally Posted by PainfullySlow View Post
    You sir, are a machine. 8 races is absolutely insane. Sorry about the off but it didnt seem to put a dent in your riding, glad you were able to get right back out there.

Definitely looking forward to seeing what you can do in Rd2
    didn't hurt my riding at all. did high 20s with a best of 1:26.8 in the laps after the crash but I was just kinda taking it easy making sure the bike still functioned properly for MWGP cause I knew I was already down 1-2 laps on everyone so I had no chance of making up any positions. with a couple red flag restarts I did around 80 race laps over the weekend plus practices.

next round I want to be back in the teens like before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Good job on simply being able to complete 8 races Brett! I like CEO's "quality > quantity" statement. Maybe even take 3 race entries and do a trackday - a little slower, a lot more laps, so you're able to concentrate on refining some more things, getting more reference points, etc. Not sure what your perceived or actual roadbloacks are (and, it's still only the first round!), but one step back could bring you two steps forward.

Where's 11a?!
    last time I did only 3 races was when I was a novice in 2011. been 5 or 6 ever since till this weekend. probably go down to 5 or 6 next round though. roadblock is entry speed. particularly in 1 and 11, always had a problem in them. 1 is probably subconscious about the 2 crashes there and 11 I have just never wrapped my head around. started to brake a little later for 1 in the last couple races but still needs a lot of work.

8 races is no joke dude. If I had your money, I'd burn mine!

We only have 7 weekends a year to do what we love the most, might as well get in as many laps as possible. 8 races is awesome.
    You make me want to run one of the GT races...

Good showing this weekend, and good catching up. The honda looks excellent.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    8 races is no joke dude. If I had your money, I'd burn mine!
    this weekend cost me around $1300 including friday practice but the tires are still good for plenty more racing so I can defer some of that $399 to next weekend

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    We only have 7 weekends a year to do what we love the most, might as well get in as many laps as possible. 8 races is awesome.
    You make me want to run one of the GT races...

Good showing this weekend, and good catching up. The honda looks excellent.
    the GT is really one of my favorite races. I always complain that its gonna be rough because of the length but its such a good way to try to focus on relaxing. This time I really went into the first lap thinking I just need to take my time and wait for the passes to come and not rush anything since there's so much time. Its a slightly different mental game then having to figure out the pass as quickly as you can but you still gotta make sure you don't get too far behind any other potential positions. If I had gotten a better start like I did in the other races this weekend I think I would have been fighting for first the whole time.

the bike will look better next round despite the couple scratches from the off. I have good numbers to put on and gonna add some red pinstriping and get the sponsor stickers all on and hopefully get some red vinyl to make some Honda wings.

It's 11, 12, and 12a people! FAWK!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    this weekend cost me around $1300 including friday practice but the tires are still good for plenty more racing so I can defer some of that $399 to next weekend
    Spend it if you got it! I think last season might have cost me $1300.

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    It's 11, 12, and 12a people! FAWK!
    I agree. if there's an 11 and 11a then 11 would be from the first curb on the left to the on the right and 11a would be the next curb at the apex.

I still don't get how a lot of the turns are named. if you're gonna call it 1 and 1a or 12 and 12a it should really be 1a/1b and 12a/12b.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    I agree. if there's an 11 and 11a then 11 would be from the first curb on the left to the on the right and 11a would be the next curb at the apex.

I still don't get how a lot of the turns are named. if you're gonna call it 1 and 1a or 12 and 12a it should really be 1a/1b and 12a/12b.
    3b always kicks my ass.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    3b always kicks my ass.
    5a is still the toughest turn on the track