Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Ladies boots for a pillion

Ladies boots for a pillion

Looking to get my passenger some new boots. Protection and comfort when walking are probably the top two criteria. Any first hand experience from pillions? I LOVE my Oxtars, been looking at some of the TCX boots and they seem pretty nice. Some of the "shoe style" boots (I don't know what else to call them, the boots that only just go over the ankle) are tempting, but they would obviously be a sacrifice in protection, right?

TIA,
    Matt

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hyper

Re: Ladies boots for a pillion

Got a pair of these for my wife. She likes them a lot, and she is tough to please when it comes to foot wear. Once she got past the fact that it not all about being fashionable, and that safety comes first, she tried them on and liked them. Price is right too!

Tour Master Solution 2 WP Road Boot for Women - Whitehorse Gear

Bill

2018 Aprilia Touno Factory
    2018 Ducati Desert Sled
    2017 Honda Grom (lot's of Mods)
    2016 KTM 300 XC-W, 2015 KTM 350 XCF-W

Quote Originally Posted by No Quarter View Post
    Got a pair of these for my wife. She likes them a lot, and she is tough to please when it comes to foot wear. Once she got past the fact that it not all about being fashionable, and that safety comes first, she tried them on and liked them. Price is right too!

Bill
    Wow, price is right for sure. How was the sizing relative to what your wife usually wears? True sizing, snug, roomy, etc...

Hyper

Quote Originally Posted by No Quarter View Post

Bill
    My wife also has a pair of these and likes them a bunch. I actually have a pair too. Not a bad boot all in all. They don't offer big time protection but they are comfy for walking around town. They are also pretty dry in the wet.

FWIW, I wear my A* race boots for riding and passenging, and have been known to walk around for a while in them at stops. They are a half size too small and still more comfortable than stilettos.

So basically what I am saying is, passenger boots don't have to be different than riding boots, as long as she wears them, she will be fine.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

I have a pair of OXTAR TCS Sport boots for sale size 8 / 41 - email me joeavin@mit.edu for photos

Two things help getting older - BMW'S and Metamucil

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge K View Post
    I have a pair of OXTAR TCS Sport boots for sale size 8 / 41 - email me joeavin@mit.edu for photos
    Thanks for the offer, I've got a pair of TCX sport boots for myself, not as comfortable when walking as I'd like. Thinking more along the lines of the Oxtar Matrix boots that I wear on the street...

FWIW, I wear my A* race boots for riding and passenging, and have been known to walk around for a while in them at stops. They are a half size too small and still more comfortable than stilettos.

So basically what I am saying is, passenger boots don't have to be different than riding boots, as long as she wears them, she will be fine.
    Thanks for the input, but I think I'm looking for something WAY more comfortable than stilettos...

Hyper

Quote Originally Posted by jeantarrou View Post
    Thanks for the input, but I think I'm looking for something WAY more comfortable than stilettos...
    I'm surprised you know how uncomfortable they really are. Honestly though, I have trail walked a ways in my riding boots before. Not ideal, but definitely doable. and like I said, they are even a half size too small for me. I have heard good things about the lower ankle styles, but I wouldn't wear them myself.

All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!

Quote Originally Posted by mzdagrl View Post
    I'm surprised you know how uncomfortable they really are. Honestly though, I have trail walked a ways in my riding boots before. Not ideal, but definitely doable. and like I said, they are even a half size too small for me. I have heard good things about the lower ankle styles, but I wouldn't wear them myself.
    Well, owning sport/track boots and also touring boots I can say that from my experience I've noticed a significant difference, but I still consider your opinion that there isn't. Although, saying your A*'s are more comfortable than stilettos, still doesn't sound too comfy to me??

While I don't see us doing much trail walking with our boots, we do long rides and walk a lot once we've reached our destination, having the boots on all day. Would you say that scenario is not just doable, but enjoyable with your A*'s?

Hyper

Wow, price is right for sure. How was the sizing relative to what your wife usually wears? True sizing, snug, roomy, etc...

True to size.

2018 Aprilia Touno Factory
    2018 Ducati Desert Sled
    2017 Honda Grom (lot's of Mods)
    2016 KTM 300 XC-W, 2015 KTM 350 XCF-W

While I don't see us doing much trail walking with our boots, we do long rides and walk a lot once we've reached our destination, having the boots on all day. Would you say that scenario is not just doable, but enjoyable with your A*'s?
    Sneakers/hiking boots would have been better, but the A*s are waterproof (which comes in handy), although I guess the lower ankle styles would be too. The biggest complaint I had was that they are too small. If it weren't for that, I would say I could easily walk a few hours in them consistently without problem. I have wandered at track days with them on for a whole day without issue, the trail walk was not bad, and I frequently wear them on all day rides without problem. Perhaps I just don't pay the kind of attention to my feet that your wife would, and I am more focused on safety while riding than comfort while walking, but they have never once given me a blister, and the only times I would not wear them because of walking at my destination is if I am going shopping (cause that's just a pain in the ass).

But, like I said earlier, get what she would actually wear, because that is what will be the best compromise between style, comfort, and protection. I am certainly not trying to push race boots on her, just pointing out that they are very protective and should not be discounted just because she will be a pillion and not a rider. The only gear I have a tough time wearing on the back that I wear while piloting are my overpants, because the knee armor hits in a weird spot and makes me knees hurt.

Also, FWIW, my first pair of riding boots was a pair of hiking boots that I wore for three years before upgrading. I have not noticed a difference on a typical ride as far as comfort, other than my ankles hurt less in my A*s after a long day (300-400miles).

Last edited by mzdagrl; 02-28-12 at 08:12 AM.

Ladies boots for a pillion-2007_icon_womens_bombshell_boot_black-jpg

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Well, owning sport/track boots and also touring boots I can say that from my experience I've noticed a significant difference, but I still consider your opinion that there isn't. Although, saying your A*'s are more comfortable than stilettos, still doesn't sound too comfy to me??

I would suggest boots for riding and packing a pair of shoes/sneakers/sandals for walking.
    It just doesn't make sense to me to cover both with one type of footwear.
    You end up with something that does neither very well.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    I would suggest boots for riding and packing a pair of shoes/sneakers/sandals for walking.
    I was actually thinking about this thread while running errands this morning, and I realized that I do this if I know I am going to be wandering around a lot. Then again, I live in flip flops once the weather is warmer than 55, so this is exceptionally easy. I have a pair that fit under my seat, or I toss them in my tank bag and lose basically no space. But, my tales of walking in my boots are accurate. It isn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Ladies boots for a pillion-2007_icon_womens_bombshell_boot_black-jpg
    I have ones similar to this (Icon Hella) which has a lower ankle than these (i believe). I've only ridden in them once, but they were super comfortable for an all-day ride. I'll have more experience/feedback this season though......

--Jesse
    2001 SV650s

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    I think you're probably right about that...

And Mzdagrl, thanks for that second write-up, certainly seems like you like the comfort of your A*'s, I'm impressed.

Hyper