Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ray-Rays VIP Motorcycle Service Review

Ray-Rays VIP Motorcycle Service Review

You may have read my other thread on finding someone to perform some services on my bike but after speaking to a few people, I decided to take my bike to Ray-Ray. Ray may not have his own business but he acted as professional and honest as any great shop. My great buy bike turned out to be a not so great buy in the end. Ray was able to take care of the requested services that I needed on the bike as well as some hack job under glow wiring, etc...that the previous owner installed. Looks like I will be going back to him for additional work but I just wanted to thank him publicly for his proactive communication and explanation on what issues he found and what needed to be done. If you ever need someone to perform services on your bike (more than your typical oil change) then I would not hesitate recommending Ray.

Thanks again Ray!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Ray-Rays VIP Motorcycle Service Review

Good job Ray. I like to see that you're not a chump. kidding.

You Sir know nothing of true greatness. I of course refer to ones ability to steal, drink and generally do nothing, and carry it off with style

Quote Originally Posted by virtualbong View Post
    You may have read my other thread on finding someone to perform some services on my bike but after speaking to a few people, I decided to take my bike to Ray-Ray. Ray may not have his own business but he acted as professional and honest as any great shop. My great buy bike turned out to be a not so great buy in the end. Ray was able to take care of the requested services that I needed on the bike as well as some hack job under glow wiring, etc...that the previous owner installed. Looks like I will be going back to him for additional work but I just wanted to thank him publicly for his proactive communication and explanation on what issues he found and what needed to be done. If you ever need someone to perform services on your bike (more than your typical oil change) then I would not hesitate recommending Ray.

Thanks again Ray!
    I'm glad you were happy wil! Can't wait ripen her up this week!

I bet he serviced you for the review.

Friends don't let friends wave to Can Ams

funny. not.

Tougher than a lion Sportygurl131's Avatar

i can agree ray rocks when it comes to fixing bikes!! he helped me with mine over the winter... even stuff i knew how to do but was nervous doing on my bike aka brake lines... and he is a great teacher... he talked paul through the whole process while he was bleeding the brakes and conneccting etc...

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMoto
    Subaru love is so sweet.
    qoute from a fellow nesrian

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Sportygurl is probably your best bet for meeting and making new friends, she is like the social director or ambassador or something for NESR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportygurl131 View Post
    i can agree ray rocks when it comes to fixing bikes!! he helped me with mine over the winter... even stuff i knew how to do but was nervous doing on my bike aka brake lines... and he is a great teacher... he talked paul through the whole process while he was bleeding the brakes and conneccting etc...
    Your awesome. I just wanted to spend time with you two this winter!!

I also want to provide a good feedback for Ray. Ray is a good guy who is willing to pitch in and assist you during your trackdays. In my last trackday Ray came by and disassembled and re-assembled my wheels for tire changing.

I'd definitely use Rays assistance again and recommend his services.

RAY: Thank you very much brother. You're a good guy.

Put the bike to work today and after a few sessions, I was rippin' it up until some buffoon decided to brake mid turn on turn 3. Thanks (rider with Honda red/white suit and I believe an RC51 (or some other vtwin) and gray track fairings) for ending my day prematurely. I was having the best run of my day too until that incident. And may I mention that if someone is always closing in on you on the turns then you probably should listen to Tony and hold off on the straights.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Quote Originally Posted by virtualbong
    Put the bike to work today and after a few sessions, I was rippin' it up until some buffoon decided to brake mid turn on turn 3. Thanks (rider with Honda red/white suit and I believe an RC51 (or some other vtwin) and gray track fairings) for ending my day prematurely. I was having the best run of my day too until that incident. And may I mention that if someone is always closing in on you on the turns then you probably should listen to Tony and hold off on the straights.
    So somebody braked more than you expected and you hit them? Had to go around them? Crashed?

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Ray were you at the Tony's day today spectating? I thought I saw you on a black 750?

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Ray were you at the Tony's day today spectating? I thought I saw you on a black 750?
    Yes I was, I had to pick up some stuff from FastFreddy

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

So somebody braked more than you expected and you hit them? Had to go around them? Crashed?
    I don't understand why he did it but we were going at a good clip and then he suddenly broke and stood the bike up mid turn. I had to brake hard and swerve to the left to avoid colliding into him. Basically forced me into the tires and crashed. The only positive take away is that I am glad this did not happen to my new Dainese jacket and pants that I bought from Seacoast but instead I am just going to trade in my pants and invest in the REV'IT! Tarmac Race Suit that was loaned to me from them and crashed on.

The damage has been done, but I was pretty heated yesterday. On to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    He was creepin' haha.

As long as this thread is about Ray-Ray, I've got to say he handled a similar situation much better. I wiped out in turn three and he had nowhere to go but either over my head or down to the asphalt. He chose the latter. He ended up in the infirmary and, when I talked to him there, he was incredibly chill about the incident. He just shrugged it off and said that was part of being on the track. Shit happens out there and I couldn't be more sorry for having involved him (or anyone else) in my problem but I've got to say that his attitude was exemplary. Big time kudos to him for that! He did nothing wrong and definitely didn't deserve the crash but he took it standing up (attitude wise anyway).

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    As long as this thread is about Ray-Ray, I've got to say he handled a similar situation much better. I wiped out in turn three and he had nowhere to go but either over my head or down to the asphalt. He chose the latter. He ended up in the infirmary and, when I talked to him there, he was incredibly chill about the incident. He just shrugged it off and said that was part of being on the track. Shit happens out there and I couldn't be more sorry for having involved him (or anyone else) in my problem but I've got to say that his attitude was exemplary. Big time kudos to him for that! He did nothing wrong and definitely didn't deserve the crash but he took it standing up (attitude wise anyway).
    In rebuttal, Trouble offered me a trackday for missing half my day...He is a great guy for even offering. Im just glad you were ok buddy.

I believe this is a dig on me...but whatev...

I think there is a difference in our situations. I don't think Ray would be so happy if you were running hard on the straights and then slowing up on the turns and not allowing him to go by prior to your fall. And falls do happen but something about mental mistakes at key areas really bother me. I am sure the dude didn't mean it but its frustrating not knowing why he did what he did especially at the point that he did it. It's just dangerous and it would be nice for him to know what he did wrong so he doesn't cause someone else to go down. That's all I am trying to say. I was just heated right afterwards. And sorry I am not a princess when it comes to my attitude...if you actually knew me, I don't get heated for something miniscule.

Quote Originally Posted by virtualbong
    I believe this is a dig on me...but whatev...

I think there is a difference in our situations. I don't think Ray would be so happy if you were running hard on the straights and then slowing up on the turns and not allowing him to go by prior to your fall. And falls do happen but something about mental mistakes at key areas really bother me. I am sure the dude didn't mean it but its frustrating not knowing why he did what he did especially at the point that he did it. It's just dangerous and it would be nice for him to know what he did wrong so he doesn't cause someone else to go down. That's all I am trying to say. I was just heated right afterwards. And sorry I am not a princess when it comes to my attitude...if you actually knew me, I don't get heated for something miniscule.
    There is no rule that says he needs to let you by on the straights. It sounds like maybe you were frustrated by not being able to pass and were riding his tail too close. It's the rider behinds responsibility to judge a safe place to be with an exit strategy particularly since you knew he was parking it in the corners.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Point taken. Close thread.

Just got some more work done to get rid of a loud ticking sound, replacement cam chain tensioner and valve check. He also guided me on some other things. Its so strange to hear all these bad things about him on here but dealing with him in person has been close to spectacular. His new shop area is pretty awesome. I know people will be hesitant on going to him with these defunk sale transactions but if you are like me who does not have time to learn to do most of this stuff but still want someone to do a good job on a tight budget then he's your man. I guess it's better for me if he doesn't get too too busy so that he can take in my bike when I need work done, ha! Thanks again Ray and see you at the track on Monday!

...Its so strange to hear all these bad things about him on here but dealing with him in person has been close to spectacular...
    No one questioned his technical knowledge or willingness to help people with service. It was entirely about his buying/selling practices which seems to be a recurring theme. People pay, Ray promises, then doesn't ship or refund unless he's publicly targeted. Then his rebuttal is always something to the effect that shit happens, life throws you a curveball, things are outta his control, etc...

Seems anyone that's used him for service is extremely happy and anyone who knows him personally really digs the guy. But like I pointed out in 'the other thread', poor practices in one aspect of 'business' will undoubtedly follow him around...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

It is the responsibility of the rider behind you to avoid you if you crash...that being said it does suck passing those guys in the corners and then having them blast by you on the straights.....Any track day company will tell you, if you are stuck behind someone..Pit in and get away from them.

2006 Ducati Monster S2R800

Thanks Will, glad your happy buddy. Now your bike isn't as annoying to ride on! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Ray View Post
    Thanks Will, glad your happy buddy. Now your bike isn't as annoying to ride on! lol
    Hahaha,

For everyone else, please ignore the posts that go off topic on this thread. I would like to avoid going off topic. Thanks everyone.

btw. get my name right Ray or I will bash your name all through the Interweb! hahaha. It's WIL with one L!

btw. get my name right Ray or I will bash your name all through the Interweb! hahaha. It's WIL with one L!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast