Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Vanson Discount for NESR Members

Hey Guys.

got the go ahead from "stoneman" to post this.

From now til..... not sure when. We'll say indefinately - there is a 10% discount for all members of this forum. This includes custom gear. Just mention to the Vanson Showroom; the only place where this discount is valid, that you are member of this forum and the 10% discount is yours. Phone orders accepted.

Kevin Nixon aka Nixoid
    Vanson Leathers Inc. <http://vansonleathers.com/>
    951 Broadway
    Fall River, MA 02724

ph 508.678.2000 x146
    fax 508.677.6773

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

good deal, I would have liked to get a suit made up, but going another route as my experience left a bit to be desired.

Does the discount included alterations or just purchases?

http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.ph...&id=1185417660

Live life now!....it has an expiration date!

Friendship is like peeing in your pants,
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel the true warmth.

Thanks man. I'll be sure to stop in and check out some gear. Need a new jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by capt1014 View Post
    Does the discount included alterations or just purchases?

Sorry just on purchases of new gear.

That's cool just askin

http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.ph...&id=1185417660

Live life now!....it has an expiration date!

Friendship is like peeing in your pants,
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel the true warmth.

Thanks Brotha.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Nice, I have been wanted a custom fit leather jacket

Thanks Kevin, pretty sweet for a small company like Vanson to hook it up like that.

Boston --> San Diego

cool,
    I'm in the market for a good perfed leather jacket.
    I'll have to stop in real soon.

-akira

01cbr929rr

Alright, count me in on coming back for a custom made Vanson leather jacket.

Open House Sorta....

Been a while and no one I am aware of has taken advantage of this discount.

btw - there is a labor day weekend sale going on. It's equal to the discount you guys are getting but part of the proceeds from the weekend are going to The Muscular Distrophy Association. We are the final destination on a ride sponsored by the Westport Harley Owners Group. They are expecting 2-3k riders here and there will be a live band and all kinds of vendors.

Kev

Last edited by nixoid; 08-29-07 at 02:53 PM. Reason: forgot a word

uummm there's a rumor Vanson isn't doing so good.... I hope it ain't true, BTW you've got PM

or not.....

got a question about an ex-employee by the name of Mike M..... Good sales person or not?

Sorry for the long delay in answering. Spam filter. Yes, we are in a rough patch right now. There was recently a Chapter 11 filing done as a protective measure. We have since this time started putting things back together with new stratagies and plans. You can expect a better customer experience and the same product when all is said and done.

I did not see any PM's. You can email me at kevinn at vansonleathes _com or call me directly at 508.678.2000 x146 - Kevin

Hope you guys pull through. I own a bunch of your stuff and despite some pretty bad customer service at the factory store I have kept going back. I don't suppose the discount applies to repairs too? I'm sending a jacket back this week...

Have they considered of opening a proper store front some where local, and maybe staffing it with some friendlier people? Or what about a design kiosk? it seems like custom is the only way to get vanson, so why not bring the experience into the 21st century?

Adobe Certified Expert, Photoshop CS4
    Adobe Certified Professional, Flash CS4

Quote Originally Posted by trickphoto View Post
    Hope you guys pull through. I own a bunch of your stuff and despite some pretty bad customer service at the factory store I have kept going back. I don't suppose the discount applies to repairs too? I'm sending a jacket back this week...
    Yeah we've heard a lot about Customer service lately and we have increased the showroom staff and the sales manager moved her desk to within earshot of the "front end". There have also been some changes made to combat some of the misinformation that has been given to the customers when they call. Frankly it may take a little longer to get an answer the way it is set up now but it will be the right one - I hope.

If any of you guys have an help or suggestions for us don't be shy. Send them to my email and I will send them to the proper person. kevinn at vansonleathers _com

TrickPhoto - Sorry the discount does not work for repairs... Kev

Quote Originally Posted by nefarious View Post
    Have they considered of opening a proper store front some where local, and maybe staffing it with some friendlier people? Or what about a design kiosk? it seems like custom is the only way to get vanson, so why not bring the experience into the 21st century?
    "local" is a relative term. We have a store in Southern Mass. Way local to the NESR crew compared to all of the other suit manufacturers - especially considering everything is made in the same building.

Anyone who comes in can sit with me to do some design [Art Director] and I can be reached via email ith requests for design help as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nixoid View Post
    "local" is a relative term. We have a store in Southern Mass. Way local to the NESR crew compared to all of the other suit manufacturers - especially considering everything is made in the same building.

Anyone who comes in can sit with me to do some design [Art Director] and I can be reached via email ith requests for design help as well.
    True local is relative, but what I meant was something not in the ghetto of fall river in what can easily be mistaken for an abandon mill.

I know when I was evaluating leathers most of the competition that i was considering offered some form of online customization.

Just a thought.

Any plans on new and improved ways to treat the leather? Increase durability, while reducing weight and thickness? Or will things stay pretty much the same?

I hear they also dropped the troy lee design stuff because of cost? That true? That was some of the better looking stuff.

And please get them to do something about the website.

Quote Originally Posted by nixoid View Post
    TrickPhoto - Sorry the discount does not work for repairs... Kev
    No sweat. I can't imagine there's a whole lot of margin on repairs.

I was amazed at how quickly you can turn them around. I tore the sleeve on my jacket... it has perforated sleeves... I was thinking about adding some solid leather to the forearms and elbows... found out they could replace both sleeves with solid leather and have it back to me in a week. I was shocked.
    Having you guys locally with that kind of ability goes a long way with me.

True local is relative, but what I meant was something not in the ghetto of fall river in what can easily be mistaken for an abandon mill.

I know when I was evaluating leathers most of the competition that i was considering offered some form of online customization.

Just a thought.

Any plans on new and improved ways to treat the leather? Increase durability, while reducing weight and thickness? Or will things stay pretty much the same?

I hear they also dropped the troy lee design stuff because of cost? That true? That was some of the better looking stuff.

And please get them to do something about the website.
    Good Point... We aren't on the best street in town or the biggest city around... We are here in Fall River out of nesecity.

When the business was started 31 years ago there was a pool of competent stitchers who could stitch leather in Boston. As time went on the pool got smaller and smaller. Over time the operation moved to Stoughton and we had a branch in Fall River; an old apparel manufacturing town, for a while we ran both shops but the real tallent was here in "The River". To offer the best for you guys we condensed everything to this branch including retail so we all have our finger on the pulse of both production and retail. Has it hurt our foot traffic... yes. Has it served us and you better; yes, to that as well. We aren't a volume manufacturer who can set up retail spaces all over - as we would like to do - really it is a matter of quality vs. quantity.

There are plans for a whole new website which will allow you to do some customization online. If evrything goes off perfectly that probably won't be around at minimum for 4-6 months. In the meantime... You've got me. Call, email, or stop in and I will give all of you the attention you deserve.

The Troy Lee stuff has not been dropped. Special order only. We aren't selling a ton of it so there was no reason to stock it.

Kev

Okay with or understand most of that.

But..

Do you think a company like dainese out sells you here on American soil?

Quality aside I had an easier time finding their suit then getting something from the hometown heroes (spent 50% of my life in the rivah) Also have/had family on my dads side who worked for Vanson.

It is just frustrating, and this isnt just with vanson, to walk in cash in hand.. looking to spend 1500+ on a suit and have nothing available besides custom.

Sure I am not the avg size, but when i do find a suit off the shelf in my size it usually fits well. Not one store in MA had anything to offer me in a US 56 or 58, hell I would have settled for a 60 and put on a few pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by trickphoto View Post
    No sweat. I can't imagine there's a whole lot of margin on repairs.

I was amazed at how quickly you can turn them around. I tore the sleeve on my jacket... it has perforated sleeves... I was thinking about adding some solid leather to the forearms and elbows... found out they could replace both sleeves with solid leather and have it back to me in a week. I was shocked.
    Having you guys locally with that kind of ability goes a long way with me.
    This definately the best time of year to get us to repair anything. Everyone is out riding now so they don't want to send anything in. When the season gets really going [for repairs December to May] the repair time will go to 4-6 weeks - at the worst but generally 2-3 weeks is a fairly safe bet.

kev

Okay with or understand most of that.

But..

Do you think a company like dainese out sells you here on American soil?

Quality aside I had an easier time finding their suit then getting something from the hometown heroes (spent 50% of my life in the rivah) Also have/had family on my dads side who worked for Vanson.

It is just frustrating, and this isnt just with vanson, to walk in cash in hand.. looking to spend 1500+ on a suit and have nothing available besides custom.

Sure I am not the avg size, but when i do find a suit off the shelf in my size it usually fits well. Not one store in MA had anything to offer me in a US 56 or 58, hell I would have settled for a 60 and put on a few pounds.
    Yes, they out sell us.

We don't have many dealers in New England because we're so close no one wants to bother stocking our gear.

Generally. Most companies stock up to size 52. Although we don't actually stock anything larger you can buy a standard size up to 62 without having to pay a custom fee. It's just the waiting part that is hard to digest. Wer are tryng to stock more stuff in the showroom but the dermand far outweighs our production... It is getting better though. Slowly but surely.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast