Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

4x8 Utility Trailer

4x8 Utility Trailer

Have this trailer that I don't have the time to refresh.

I put it together a while ago, adding the wood sides plus two removable pingel wheel chocks and sunk eye bolts into the frame in several spots. Used it for many track trips as well as moving, projects, etc.

Free to any NESR member, with the following stipulations:

- You'll have to get it going to tow it outta here. Shouldn't be too bad but will need some love when you get home
    - One tire is fully flat. I have a new spare that is a slightly different size maybe (?) that I got from HF. There's another spare original wheel in my shed with an old tire as well. So you can (1) put on the new HF spare and see how that goes or (2) take one of the wheels to a tire shop 10min away and get it sorted, come back and put it on
    - Last time I used it the blinkers and one of the brake lights had stopped working. Might be no lights at this point. I suggest you just drive home carefully and then run a fresh set of wires and lights versus trying to chase a weird ground or nicked wire. I think i have a set of new lights in packaging to give you, maybe
    - Probably could use some general cleanup, lube bearings, etc.

Pickup is in Wayland. Suggest you bring some tools and a jack, then you can just drive it outta here. Would like to give it away before end of June, since this property is going to be rented out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4x8 Utility Trailer-img-8392-jpg   4x8 Utility Trailer-img-8393-jpg  

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Re: 4x8 Utility Trailer

and, still don't know why uploaded photos get turned 90deg...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

do HF tires fit on this trailer? what's the hub size?

I dont see why they wouldn't and I have one there and ready to use (you can see it in one of the pictures above). The bolt pattern and offset appear to be the same. it's a larger rim and outer tire diameter but fits in the fender. So even just putting one on the side with the flat, or worst case getting another one of those and put both on, drive away.

With a lot of projects ongoing, work, baby, some family stuff, I just can't solution it. Figured free to someone who has a few hours would be good for everyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4x8 Utility Trailer-img-8390-jpg   4x8 Utility Trailer-img-8391-jpg  

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

there is currently a pile of mulch sitting in my driveway. if no takers by saturday I'll come get it with a HF tire and a jack. This fixes that parking problem

Cool, i'll send you a PM

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

My favorite kind of battle...

Registering this trailer was big time sink, but overall consumer victory. The massive pile of dicks at Connect insurance have been schooled as to how home built trailer registration works. There was a MA DMV process change in 2019 which requires an insurance stamp for liability coverage of the towing vehicle before registration can occur. For over 3 years, Connect by Costco had no idea this occurred. I had to make 3 calls to Costco Connect insurance. The first time, after being on hold for 20 min, was told "we will not be able to provide you a stamped RTA form" WTF. Called back, same response, but I threaten them with a MA Consumer services complaint. OK. They will get a manager. Manager says the same thing, however I state again I'm not looking for insurance, just a stamp for liability coverage. I direct them to the RTA form box stating "liability" not separate insurance. That clicks. My request is eventually escalated 3 more times, from service manager, to regional manager, to someone on the big legal team. Big legal reads the actual form. Yes, "just liability" coverage. No additional coverage. I ask them how many home-built trailer forms they have stamped.

"We've never done this."

OK, for 3 years you have been in violation of MA consumer law. Whatever, please stamp my registration form.

"OK, what is the VIN"

OK, I'll walk you through this form. No charge.

Finally, they email back the RTA form with a stamp.

Overall, it took 3 hrs to get the RTA form stamped.

Connect has been quietly denying their legal duty for home built trailer registration since 2019.

Pretty sure this could be a class action lawsuit.

Insurance is 50% business, 50% scam.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by PurplePackage; 06-30-23 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePackage View Post
    Insurance is 25% business, 75% scam.
    FTFY

2015/2016 NESR Fantasy Road Race CHAMPION

Links for those who may ever need some consumer muscle. I've pulled this lever before, it gets results. Slow results.

https://www.mass.gov/how-to/filing-a...ance-complaint

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/ma...s-regulations-

https://atlas.massrmv.com/Portals/54...0Reporting.pdf

Last edited by PurplePackage; 06-30-23 at 12:47 PM. Reason: more links

Filled the trailer with 2 cubic yards of mulch today. that definitely maxed it out