Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

VT loop hole is no longer!

Re: VT loop hole is no longer!

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    I don't think mass would care. The only thing they would accept to prove vermont residency that I didn't have was a driver's license. Didn't matter that I owned a condo, paid by taxes, had vt cable bill, vt insurance for car, bike and home etc. All they would accept for proof was that Vermont license. Nothing else I offered even made them glance at it.
    Was it registered in VT to your Massachusetts address ? I think that *might* be the hang up and why the rmv wants their dough. You registered it in VT but stores and used it in MA. I bet if it was registered in VT to a VT address Massachusetts wouldn't care

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

Lifer

It is registered to a vt address. I couldn't get insurance for it otherwise. I actually bought a condo in VT for the sole purpose of using it to import vehicles and title them easier than in mass.

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    It is registered to a vt address. I couldn't get insurance for it otherwise. I actually bought a condo in VT for the sole purpose of using it to import vehicles and title them easier than in mass.
    So then how does the rmv know you're a Mass resident in order to withhold the title for the new owner ? Sounds weird they would go and look you up when the new owner applied for the title

Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

Lifer

Idk. Probably worth their time to get the added revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    So then how does the rmv know you're a Mass resident in order to withhold the title for the new owner ? Sounds weird they would go and look you up when the new owner applied for the title

That’s the part I fail to understand.
    A VT titled vehicle with VT registration. Period. Nothing else to research or add to tie it back to mass.

Lifer

I'm sure there is a check on titles for the registered owners address. Like for me it says the car is from Vermont yet I live in mass. That would be a red flag in anyone's system.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123