Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2007 Honda 919, little project

2007 Honda 919, little project

Owned since 2019. It’s got about 35k miles, starts and runs great. I had it set up as a lightweight sport-tourer. It’s a great street engine - for an I4, its torquey down low, redline is “only” 9500 rpm. It’s been typical Honda reliable. Clean title in my name.

For the good:
    - New Yuasa battery and OEM radiator last year
    - Corbin dual seat
    - 2” taller handlebar for more upright ergos
    - Givi side racks with 21L cases
    - Givi topcase rails with custom aluminum top plate
    - Knockoff Givi 46L top case with brake light
    - Koso Apollo heated grips
    - Steel brake lines front/rear
    - Voltmeter on dash, USB on handlebars
    - LED headlight bulb and auxiliary running lights
    - Auxiliary brake light on license plate
    - LED turn signals (fronts dual function as white running lights, rears dual function as brake lights)

For the bad:
    Last year about this time, I decided to sell it. Cleaned it up, fixed a couple minor things, had a couple interested buyers… and then crashed it (on my birthday, too). I’ve started reassembling it, but my time and garage space are in short supply. For the crash damage:
    - Broken turn signals (replaced)
    - Broken mirrors (replaced)
    - Cracked speedo bezel (replaced)
    - Broken front fairing (have a new National Cycle windshield)
    - Bent Givi topcase rails (have a new set)
    - Minor ding in tank from handlebar
    - Bent forks (have a set of fully-adjustable CBR forks that bolt in and are an upgrade, also have a heavier set of springs for these too since the 919 is a heavier bike than the F4i)
    - Broken front fender (have a color-matched F4i front fender that obviously fits the forks)
    - Broken steering stop tab (talked to a local shop about re-welding it, he said it wasn’t a big deal - I could ride the bike in and he’d do it)

It really doesn’t need much: change the oil/springs in the forks, reinstall the front end, replace the topcase rails, and get the steering stop tab welded. Shit, seeing that written out makes me want to take an afternoon off from work and get it buttoned up.

Pics below are from better days and one of front end immediately after crash.
    I’m thinking $2k as it sits
    2007 Honda 919, little project-img_7846-jpg2007 Honda 919, little project-img_9679-jpg2007 Honda 919, little project-img_1128-jpg

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: 2007 Honda 919, little project

Son of a.... I just bought a gsxr project a few days ago. These are my all time favorite bikes. The only bike I ever regretted selling. I've been hunting another for years.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Yeah, I was one of those "interested [potential] buyers" a year ago ... but three weeks ago I bought the '05 FZ1.

Last edited by whynot; 04-22-24 at 07:01 AM.
    And don't believe everything you think.

That's a nice setup on a great street bike!

Paul_E_D