Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2022 TC50 Top End

Re: 2022 TC50 Top End

Itty Bitty Fasteners == Itty Bitty Torque

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Itty Bitty Fasteners == Itty Bitty Torque
    yeah, 6, 8, 10mm sockets, I'm using my 1/4" ratchet more than usual!

It has been nice that my son is helping a lot, glad to see him take an interest in it.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

So, we got the tool and used the 3mm and 5mm gaskets (stock measured 7mm after it was squished). The piston appeared to just touch the squish tool, so I thought we were good. Had to do some tuning of the clutch after so we were in and out and the choke got left on. Bike starts great, idles great, and runs great up to the midrange. Problem is it breaks up when it gets on the pipe. I pulled the plug and it looked good, but I dropped it of course and bent the strap. I regapped it and put it back in. Still breaks up when it hits the pipe.

Now, it does have a fuel screw I havent messed with yet, but I ordered a plug incase it fouled from forgetting the choke on. (I wouldnt think the plug was bad, but after issues with my sled this year, I have seen a plug that looks fine run like shit). And it is the original plug.

ANYWAY, I talked to some friends and they were thinking the squish might be too tight and thats the pinging on the top end? Thoughts? We run 93 octane with motorex oil. Gas could be a bit older, not sure when it is from. I hate to tear the whole thing back down again just to change the gasket.

There is an MX race this Saturday at MX207 we could make it to if I can get this thing running well.

Maybe try some octane booster?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12