Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Finally got a bike up here...

Finally got a bike up here...

I grew up in the northeast but moved my bike down with myself to fort lauderdale a few years ago. I came back up for work at the end of last summer, but the bike never made it up. In fact I ended up just selling it down there. But now, FINALLY, I have a bike again.

I just got a 97 blackbird saturday. Rode it about 450 miles so far, one of which was a 200 mile trip from nyc to boston, and I am thrilled so far. Its more or less exactly what I wanted. Tons of power, sporty, but still plenty of room for chicks and/or luggage.

Some background on me; I am 28 now, been riding since I was 18. I started off by stealing my dads 87' r65 every now and then until he found out. Then I got a 76 kz400 in college for 75 bucks. That bike, believe it or not, was the most reliable bike ive owned. I then got an 81 cb750 for 500 bucks, and after that got a ducati monster 620ie. I had that for about 6 years and finally upgrading after paying off the financing to the bird.

No real plans for mine except fixing the broken rear brake lever. It already has two bros slip ons and a corbin seat. I may get a sissy bar for the chick but thats about it.

I am in Boston, and right now, looking for a sunday morning type meet up like marcusd dairy near my home town in CT. Anything going on?

Oh yeah, here is the bike. Fin district guys will recognize where that picture is taken

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Finally got a bike up here...

funny...i just went home to lauderdale after a few years in new england (no bike at the moment) congrats on the purchase. those blackbirds sure were nice. shame they were over shadowed by the busa and 12R.

-------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    As usual, your post displays a complete lacking in any fucking idea what you're talking about.

Hey, at least you're consistent.

i work by haymarket during the week and there's a few others here in the area as well. not sure about sunday mornings but there's definitely some after work rides on nice days...watch the board for announcements.

the thursday night newbury pose will be starting soon, if dbkromz ever gets his bike reassembled that is...great way to meet some local nesr people and random dancing/singing homeless guys. also, let me know if you plan on attending any of the lowell motorcycle nights and want to ride up with us from boston.

- Jamie
    2009 K 1300 S

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Weasel View Post
    funny...i just went home to lauderdale after a few years in new england (no bike at the moment) congrats on the purchase. those blackbirds sure were nice. shame they were over shadowed by the busa and 12R.
    I wish I could still live there, but when the economy tanked southern fl tanked with it. No jobs for me. I love it down there though, I was right at commercial and a1a in laud by the sea. I go back a few times a year, best time of my life.

I dont even really think the busa and the 12r are comprable honestly, the bird is a bordline sport touring bike imo, it can just go ridiculously fast

Quote Originally Posted by drop View Post
    i work by haymarket during the week and there's a few others here in the area as well. not sure about sunday mornings but there's definitely some after work rides on nice days...watch the board for announcements.

the thursday night newbury pose will be starting soon, if dbkromz ever gets his bike reassembled that is...great way to meet some local nesr people and random dancing/singing homeless guys. also, let me know if you plan on attending any of the lowell motorcycle nights and want to ride up with us from boston.
    Whats the thursday night thing?

Also, count me in for lowell.