Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Apt for rent in Waltham with 2-Car Garage near Moody St, highway and rail

  1. #1
    Senior Member fromario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    441

    Apt for rent in Waltham with 2-Car Garage near Moody St, highway and rail


    Our previous tenant is off to B-school and this is now up for grabs starting 9/1

    https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...m/?view=public

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by fromario; 09-12-18 at 12:43 PM.
    1995 Honda RVF400
    2003 SV650 Superbike ...eat a dick Scottie
    2007 Ducati S2R1000

  2. #2
    Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    5,810

    Re: Apt for rent in Waltham with 2-Car Garage near Moody St, highway and rail

    Can't even begin to say what a money setup this is for anyone with some bikes to be stored. Landlord is kind of a dick though...

    0 Not allowed!

    CCS/LRRS #83

  3. #3
    Senior Member fromario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    441

    Re: Apt for rent in Waltham with 2-Car Garage near Moody St, highway and rail

    Touché

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Nat Pixon! noxin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,188

    Re: Apt for rent in Waltham with 2-Car Garage near Moody St, highway and rail

    Not busting your dick specifically, but I thought it was against MA law to ask for First, Last, and Security?

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    i need to sleep Evadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central Mass
    Posts
    502

    Re: Apt for rent in Waltham with 2-Car Garage near Moody St, highway and rail

    Quote Originally Posted by noxin View Post
    Not busting your dick specifically, but I thought it was against MA law to ask for First, Last, and Security?
    It's not. Landlords in MA may request the following from a new tenant: first, last, security, and the cost of new locks and keys.

    1 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Senior Member fromario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    441

    Re: Apt for rent in Waltham with 2-Car Garage near Moody St, highway and rail

    Quote Originally Posted by Evadd View Post
    It's not. Landlords in MA may request the following from a new tenant: first, last, security, and the cost of new locks and keys.
    What he said. Security and Last has to be deposited into an interest yielding account that is due to the tenant at the end of lease. Additionally, the interest earned has to be provided and receipt of last months withdrawal as proof of payment. Any other "fees" are not allowed (pet, application, etc). You have to remember the deposit and last month will be applied to the lease or returned to the tenant PLUS interest and its not like its poof gone, unless your landlord is a scumbag.

    As a tenant, if your landlord doesn't do any of these things you are entitled to damages up to three times that of the interest, legal fees, etc.

    0 Not allowed!
    1995 Honda RVF400
    2003 SV650 Superbike ...eat a dick Scottie
    2007 Ducati S2R1000

  7. #7
    Senior Member fromario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    441

    Re: Apt for rent in Waltham with 2-Car Garage near Moody St, highway and rail

    bump

    0 Not allowed!
    1995 Honda RVF400
    2003 SV650 Superbike ...eat a dick Scottie
    2007 Ducati S2R1000

  8. #8
    xxaarraa
    Guest

    Re: Apt for rent in Waltham with 2-Car Garage near Moody St, highway and rail

    Quote Originally Posted by fromario View Post
    What he said. Security and Last has to be deposited into an interest yielding account that is due to the tenant at the end of lease. Additionally, the interest earned has to be provided and receipt of last months withdrawal as proof of payment. Any other "fees" are not allowed (pet, application, etc). You have to remember the deposit and last month will be applied to the lease or returned to the tenant PLUS interest and its not like its poof gone, unless your landlord is a scumbag.

    As a tenant, if your landlord doesn't do any of these things you are entitled to damages up to three times that of the interest, legal fees, etc.
    Very cool apartment! Good luck.

    Agree with everything regarding placing deposit in interest bearing accounts.

    You are allowed to charge a pet rent in MA. My understanding is that you can charge a pet security deposit (as long as total security deposit of pet/non-pet is less than or equal to one month's rent) OR charge a pet rent every month.

    I have certainly rented several apartments in MA where I paid a pet rent. So has my fiancee.

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by xxaarraa; 09-12-18 at 01:01 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member fromario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    441

    Re: Apt for rent in Waltham with 2-Car Garage near Moody St, highway and rail

    Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    Agree with everything regarding placing deposit in interest bearing accounts.

    You are allowed to charge a pet rent in MA. My understanding is that you can charge a pet security deposit (as long as total security deposit of pet/non-pet is less than or equal to one month's rent) OR charge a pet rent every month.

    I have certainly rented several apartments in MA where I paid a pet rent. So has my girlfriend.
    I always thought of pet rent as another way of packaging pet fees, which you can't do. People always find loopholes

    0 Not allowed!
    1995 Honda RVF400
    2003 SV650 Superbike ...eat a dick Scottie
    2007 Ducati S2R1000

  10. #10
    Senior Member fromario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    441

    Re: Apt for rent in Waltham with 2-Car Garage near Moody St, highway and rail

    SOLD... err RENTED

    0 Not allowed!
    1995 Honda RVF400
    2003 SV650 Superbike ...eat a dick Scottie
    2007 Ducati S2R1000

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •