Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BMW f800gs

Just Registered

BMW f800gs

BMW f800gs-img_1027-jpgBMW f800gs-img_1031-jpgBMW f800gs-img_1029-jpgBMW f800gs-img_1021-jpgBMW f800gs-img_1020-jpgBMW f800gs-img_0351-jpgBMW f800gs-img_0352-jpgBMW f800gs-img_0353-jpgBMW f800gs-img_0354-jpgBMW f800gs-img_0355-jpg

Hi there. I'm new to this forum so I should start by saying a friendly hello!! I have a 2009 BMW f800gs with under 4000 miles for sale. It came with the standard package which includes heated grips, trip computer,accessory outlet and center stand. This bike has been well taken care of and has never been tipped or abused. It has been stored in a bike barn when ever it is not being ridden and garaged all winter (well not this winter because I rode it through out). I've reduced my asking price to $9,500 for the bike, KBB value is $10,315. I am also selling a complete set of zega aluminum panniers and mounting brackets($500) as well as a tomtom scala rider gps system($250). Thank you for taking the time to look at my ad. Please feel free to email me directly at greg@thecyclingpt.com with any questions.
    Will try to have some pictures up this afternoon.

LAST UPDATE (will not sell for less) : $9,500 for the bike...

Best
    Greg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Thecyclingpt; 04-25-12 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Last price update...

Just Registered

Re: BMW f800gs

Do those of you that have viewed this ad feel I have it listed at a fair price? If not I'd encourage feedback. I'm new to this forum and have been told that most if not all of you are motorcycle entheusiests and great all around people so I'm sure I can get a few honest opinions... Thanks in advance for any feedback...

Pictures would definitely help. Usually accessories won't ad much value if any. Good luck with the sale.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Pics will help but you may want to post @ http://advrider.com/forums/ also.

Personally I'd take all your ads down until June, or strip it to stock and take a real hard look at what they are actually selling for.

Yup, pics or not worth even reading. And yes, the price is a bit high. The accessories add to the draw of the bike, because anyone looking to get one of these would likely be looking for those accesories. However, no matter what KBB says, you should expect at least a 10% drop from their price, and that would likely include your accessories.

Price definitely seems high. Just a little more than your asking price will get a brand-new Triumph Tiger 800 XC. And as maxim pointed out, farkles don't add much to the bike's value. You'd be much better off stripping them off the bike and selling them separately.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Again
    Yup, pics or not worth even reading. And yes, the price is a bit high. The accessories add to the draw of the bike, because anyone looking to get one of these would likely be looking for those accesories. However, no matter what KBB says, you should expect at least a 10% drop from their price, and that would likely include your accessories.
    Not on a mont condition BMW.

Hope on advrider and see what some have sold for. Then post it up there.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

KBB High Retail is currently around $11k, trade-in is $9.823
    NADAguides values it at $9,723 "Average Retail" with bags or about $9,500 without.

Just Registered

Thanks for the suggestions! I spent about an hour combing through ads last night and the bike is all over the map with used sale prices. The lowest that I saw for the same year was $8300 and the most was about $12000. All of these bikes had way more mileage than this one. I've taken your suggestions and lowered my asking price but don't feel that I can include the extras at that price but would be willing to negotiate if there was reasonable offer. Thank you all for the polite suggestions. Hopefully, this is more in line with what people were thinking.

Greg parks this bike at the office next door to mine often. It's in TERRIFIC shape! Someone will be very happy with this...

Just Registered

Thanks for the posts... Doesn't seem that there is too much interest here. I think $10,000 is more than fair considering what this bike is selling for on other sites. This bike is in near perfect condition. I'll continue to enjoy it until the right person comes along. Thanks again for all the input.

Best
    Greg

Don;t assume those bikes sold for their asking prices or that the market is very active around here - it's still only March.

The F bikes are gaining in popularity and at the YB breakfast Sunday I saw a number of F899GS in addition to the F650GS, F800R, and F800ST. The fact that a Triumph 800XC sells for less is not relevant to most BMW owners.

On the bright side, there's an F800GS FS in Somerville MA with an asking price of $11.5K so yours looks good in comparison.

Just Registered

The funny thing is that the bike in Somerville is mine. Guess im competing with myself . I'm offering it here for less money because most of you have suggested that it is too high. I feel like if someone on this forum wants to buy the bike that it will go to a good home and I'll give up 1,500 for that. There is so much bs on Craig's list that I need to keep it listed higher so I have some negotiating room. I realize that I might have just shot myself in the foot a little here but in the interest of full disclosure...

Part out the TomTom?

Quote Originally Posted by Thecyclingpt View Post
    The funny thing is that the bike in Somerville is mine. Guess im competing with myself . I'm offering it here for less money because most of you have suggested that it is too high. I feel like if someone on this forum wants to buy the bike that it will go to a good home and I'll give up 1,500 for that. There is so much bs on Craig's list that I need to keep it listed higher so I have some negotiating room. I realize that I might have just shot myself in the foot a little here but in the interest of full disclosure...
    This bike has been put up for sale on so many different places for so long that I think many prospective buyers will decide that there is either something wrong with it or the owner doesn't want to sell it.

That's why I suggested you pull down all the listings until mid-April and start over. But you only need one person to buy it.....

Just Registered

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    Part out the TomTom?
    I will consider selling the tomtom. Email me directly and we can discuss. Greg@thecyclingpt.com

Just Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    This bike has been put up for sale on so many different places for so long that I think many prospective buyers will decide that there is either something wrong with it or the owner doesn't want to sell it.

That's why I suggested you pull down all the listings until mid-April and start over. But you only need one person to buy it.....
    I think that the bike has only been up for a month. Not sure why anyone would think that I don't want to sell it. No one has even made me a reasonable offer. Unless it is offensive to keep it up I would prefer to keep the post up to allow people to see it. As far as being listed in so many places it is only Craig's list and here, and as I've said I am listing it lower here because the caliber of motorcycle owners who read these threads. Don't get get me wrong I appreciate the feed back but I'm not sure what good it will do to take the ad down.

Just Registered

Update: keeping the price at 10K but including all the bits and bobs at that price... $10,000 will get you a 2009 BMW f800gs with zega panniers and tomtom gps with scala rider... Any interest???

Riding slow bikes slower. Wanderer's Avatar

If you haven't already, get this up on advrider.com

Just Registered

Last shot at this... $10k going once...going twice... .

Nice bike, where was it 10 months ago when I got my Tiger?

Jeff

Just Registered

10 months ago my wedding wasn't costing me this much

Just Registered

Ok, here goes... This is the last update before I pull this ad. I will sell the bike stock for $9,500. The panniers and gps can not be included at this price. I would really like to get this bike sold before my wedding. Thanks again for anyone who takes a look!!

Best,
    Greg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast