Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Built CRF70 Firesale

Built CRF70 Firesale - Sold

SOLD

CRF70 frame/plastic
    SDG Pro Mini suspension
    - +3 Swingarm
    - 35mm Marzocchi Shiver forks (non-adjustable, 6" travel)
    - Disc brakes front and rear
    - 1.6 x 12 wheels front and rear
    Built CRF70 motor - 110cc class cheater - 10hp
    - 51mm bore / 54mm stroke - More torque than a TB108 kit
    - Takegawa close ratio 3spd gearbox
    - Takegawa primary shaft clutch kit
    - Dragon Racing Products 'Ultra' head (25mm intake / 22mm exhaust)
    - Mikuni TM24 flat slide carb
    - Powroll / Supertrapp exhaust - 'Repsol Orange' (Ok, rusty as it's uncoated, needs to be painted)

It now has ProTaper bars instead of the drag bar, along with Acerbis hand guards, and I need to put a new front fender on it. Dunlop TT91s front and rear.

I've got $1300 into the gearbox and clutch alone. I'm asking $1250. The bike was assembled from individual pieces, as such it doesn't come with a title, just a bill of sale. The bike isn't available until after April 19th, the end of my indoor race series.

I've got an opportunity to pick up a 'proper' turn key CCS race bike, the only way I can do it is to thin the stable and inflate my savings. I've got three years development invested in this bike, I'm still not 100% prepared to let it go, so don't bother low-balling. I'll get more current pics this Sunday.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Kurlon; 06-25-09 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Sold

Re: Built CRF70 Firesale

sorry you have to let it go - for what you have in the bike, that's a steal. I'd be surprised if one of your competitors doesn't pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    sorry you have to let it go - for what you have in the bike, that's a steal. I'd be surprised if one of your competitors doesn't pick it up.
    The nice thing is I don't have to sell it, but doing so nets me an upgrade and helps a friend out. So, either way, I win really.

Racing is right around the corner, dominate the 110cc limited class at 106 Race Park, or be blinging in the pits at NHMS. : )

My indoor race season is over, so the bike is really available.

Trades are welcome, I'd love to get a motard to bang bars with Alex, Dan, DB, Seth, etc... so a 450 in decent shape maybe? Hell, I'm still half tempted to try with a 250 two smoke.

What are you upgrading to?

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

No upgrades on the mini front at the moment, I still have my primary mini, just don't see the need for two. If I sell this one, I may pick up a particular motard if it's still available, or pour the money into my primary mini, dunno.

$1500 - OBO

Getting out of minis, huge motor spares/parts/complete motor collection as well for anyone interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    $1500 - OBO

Getting out of minis, huge motor spares/parts/complete motor collection as well for anyone interested.
    wish I had some extra money to throw around

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Dragging this to the top, there are now two mini road race series in the mid/southern NE area, as well as the Masters of Minis dirt series. I don't have the time to chase any of them, and my friend I was trying to drag into the sport has no interest, so the bike is basically sitting and rotting at the moment, which drives me nuts...

This bike is suitable for pit duty, the motor is just as happy putting as it is screaming, unlike my 'A' mini...

So umm... You said you wanted a Hawk?

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I'm going to pass on the Hawk option for now. Part of me wants a second machine for racing, especially something that would have muscle on bikes in a given class as well as having a fighting chance at Daytona. After this weekend though, it's pretty obvious that I need to learn to ride HARD more than I need HP allowing me to be lazy.

Plus, I need to fund a rebuild for my A bike if possible... a reliable 20hp is doable... which should push me over the 100mph mark...

Ok.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Ok, dropped the price to $1250. I have an upgrade CCS mount lined up, but to do it this mini and my 'A' mini have to go, NOW.

I'll get the business end of a shiv in my side if I show up to race on the GS again, and no one wants that, right?

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

I want this.....

CCS/LRRS #83

I would snap this up if I hadn't worked a payment plan on the Hawk I just sold. I won't have all the cash for a few months.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I would buy this one on a payment plan

LRRS #399
    MX #505

I can only do a payment plan if Hammadown will accept one, and last I saw, the longest terms he'd consider is 1 payment up front in full... So I'll happily accept the same. : )

Honestly, what are the potential downsides of using this thing as a sweet-ass pit bike? reliability? maintenance? etc?

I need to stop nabbing DB's pit bike all the time and get one of my own...

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

This one's 'achilies heel' for standard Pitbike duty is it's a close ratio 3spd transmission, so it's top speed limited. That said, with the current gearing it'll blow by DB's off the line, I'm pretty sure it's geared tall enough to whup it in top speed as well. I'll recheck my sprocket collection, I'm fairly certain I've got a smaller rear for it... The motor has been neigh bullet proof, unlike my 'A' bike it's not wound so tight that it's a maint whore/potential grenade, so I'd say the only downside compared to a bone stock 50 is it actually has a replaceable oil filter to deal with every other oil change? Figure an extra $2 every other oil change. Change the oil once a year unless you're racing it? It is a bit sensitive to crappy gas, it'll get harder to start if you leave our current ethanolated excuse for pump gas in it for a couple months.

Oh, for people expecting a stock 50, it'll loop their ass if they ham fist it. : )

Edit: Dan K thinks I should clarify the 'top speed limited' bit... it can be geared to pull a happy 70mph.

Last edited by Kurlon; 06-16-09 at 04:38 PM.

So you're saying basically that it would be a really really really bad ass pit bike... and maybe a bit of a shame to use it as only a pit bike.

Let me look at some finance stuff and I'll let you know....

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    This one's 'achilies heel' for standard Pitbike duty is it's a close ratio 3spd transmission, so it's top speed limited. That said, with the current gearing it'll blow by DB's off the line, I'm pretty sure it's geared tall enough to whup it in top speed as well. I'll recheck my sprocket collection, I'm fairly certain I've got a smaller rear for it... The motor has been neigh bullet proof, unlike my 'A' bike it's not wound so tight that it's a maint whore/potential grenade, so I'd say the only downside compared to a bone stock 50 is it actually has a replaceable oil filter to deal with every other oil change? Figure an extra $2 every other oil change. Change the oil once a year unless you're racing it? It is a bit sensitive to crappy gas, it'll get harder to start if you leave our current ethanolated excuse for pump gas in it for a couple months.

Oh, for people expecting a stock 50, it'll loop their ass if they ham fist it. : )

Edit: Dan K thinks I should clarify the 'top speed limited' bit... it can be geared to pull a happy 70mph.
    Guilty. Dude's telling me it won't do it's potential 70MPH with the current sprocket combo. It's a freakin 70cc! Oh, with the current sprockets it only does 50MPH? Still damn fast for a mini in my book... not to mention if you need that extra 20MPH you just replace the sprockets...

1MPH per cc... how do you even do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan K View Post
    Guilty. Dude's telling me it won't do it's potential 70MPH with the current sprocket combo. It's a freakin 70cc! Oh, with the current sprockets it only does 50MPH? Still damn fast for a mini in my book... not to mention if you need that extra 20MPH you just replace the sprockets...

1MPH per cc... how do you even do that?
    It's 110cc now actually... but my old race 70cc build would do 70mph as well, and sing while doing it. (14kRPM peak power, freaking SCREAMED... but was useless on bottom.) I was more trying to note that if you're going to be competitive on it, you have to gear it to the speed range you're running. If you gear it for top speed, 1st will be tall making it a bit slow off the line. If you gear it short, it'll yank your arms off but top out real quick, unlike say, the wide ratio 4 speed in my A bike, that even geared for 90mph feels like it wants to pull stumps in 1st. For pit bike duty, none of that matters though.

O sorry I was confused, I am looking for a mini bike that will do at least 120

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Quote Originally Posted by seth399 View Post
    O sorry I was confused, I am looking for a mini bike that will do at least 120
    Ok, the motor is going to cost about $3k, and I'm going to want to put another $1500 into the suspension on my 'A' bike, but I can do it... : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast