Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

*Feeler* $6800

*Feeler* $6800

Just seeing if anyone would or will bite on my 05 Gixxer 750 custom. This bike has well over 3500 in investments.... looking to see if anyone is interested in trading a 1k for it. Preferably newer and not a POS. Very open to MOTORCYCLE trades or my asking price or BO. Again, this is a feeler, not looking to jump on anything too quickly nor am I in a rush to sell....

Here is the link to the pics and specs of everything that bike has on it

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...-complete.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Ray-Ray; 03-31-10 at 04:03 PM.

Re: *Feeler* $6800

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic306_2.gif

well if its only a feeler, i figure ill let you know i got less for an 06 R1.. and it had less than 10k miles....

also it was up for sale for almost a year...

goodluck though. aftermarket stuff usually doesnt add value.

just figured i would start high so that the people the try to low ball me would actually be a descent offer haha

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Nicely done bike..

...for a Gixxah!

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    Nicely done bike..

...for a Gixxah!
    haha thanks Scottie

Investments don't mean shiiiiit when it comes to resale. You can probably expect to be right around $4,500 - $5,000 for that bike.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikenapalm View Post
    Investments don't mean shiiiiit when it comes to resale. You can probably expect to be right around $4,500 - $5,000 for that bike.
    Unfortunetly you're right. Unless you have your heart set on customizing your bike, it's a waste of money that you'll never get back. You're best bet is to find a bike with all the things you want on it already. I got my 999 for an absolute steal and, unfortunetly for the guy, he put over 5k into it with top shelf aftermarket parts..
    You see alot of guys sour grapes that their bikes aren't fetching what they think they're worth just because they dumped a shit ton of money into them.....that's just the way it is unfortuently..

Good luck on the sale, it's a great looking bike. That dude does nice work....although I haven't a clue what it's worth

CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 KTM 560 SMR - 2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2002-2006

Quote Originally Posted by naked-daytrader View Post
    Unfortunetly you're right. Unless you have your heart set on customizing your bike, it's a waste of money that you'll never get back. You're best bet is to find a bike with all the things you want on it already. I got my 999 for an absolute steal and, unfortunetly for the guy, he put over 5k into it with top shelf aftermarket parts..
    You see alot of guys sour grapes that their bikes aren't fetching what they think they're worth just because they dumped a shit ton of money into them.....that's just the way it is unfortuently..

Good luck on the sale, it's a great looking bike. That dude does nice work....although I haven't a clue what it's worth
    Thanks man, again.

Im not even really sure if I want to get rid of her. Im just reallly itching for a 1k. I might just buy one. I was more hoping on someone willing to trade with some money coming from my way or something. I put a lot of sweat and money into this bike so far. All the after markets I have put on are just things anyone would put on it. ie full pipe, PC3 gpr, rear sets and etc. etc. ya know?>

FYI in a resale market all this means nothing unfortunately. You'd be better of to put it back to stocker and sell the aftermarket stuff on fleabay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Body Bagz View Post
    Thanks man, again.

All the after markets I have put on are just things anyone would put on it. ie full pipe, PC3 gpr, rear sets and etc. etc. ya know?>

2001 RC51!!!
    2007 Husky SMR 510 - no longer... blown tranny

I dunno where you guys look for used bikes but he can get over 5k all day long for that bike on craigslist. GSXRs always fetch the most money (for Jap bikes) as all the fanboys like them. (not making fun I had one and loved it and sold it in 2 days) My 600rr took 2 months to sell. But as my dad always told me there is an ass for every seat. Someone somewhere would pay that. Good luck. But... if you thought you wanted a 1k you should have not put all the money into it.

I've ridden an 07 1000 and a 750, gimme the 750 every day of the week, including Sundays! The 1000 is sick, but stoopid fast, so is the 750, but much easier to live with day to day. Not to mention, if you bring it to the track, you'll appreciate the power of the 750 more.

I've also put a lot of work painting my 9R to make her look pretty and unique, along with wanting to sell her for something else too...so I know full well where you're coming from. You're bike looks the tits, and the 750 is one of the most versatile sportbikes ever built. You might get close to what you want in terms of resale, but I think you'll be much happier with keeping it instead of getting a 1000.

Good luck!

Last edited by MotoFreak; 03-31-10 at 10:47 PM.
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post
    I've ridden an 07 1000 and a 750, gimme the 750 every day of the week, including Sundays! The 1000 is sick, but stoopid fast, so is the 750, but much easier to live with day to day. Not to mention, if you bring it to the track, you'll appreciate the power of the 750 more.

I've also put a lot of work painting my 9R to make her look pretty and unique, along with wanting to sell her for something else too...so I know full well where you're coming from. You're bike looks the tits, and the 750 is one of the most versatile sportbikes ever built. You might get close to what you want in terms of resale, but I think you'll be much happier with keeping it instead of getting a 1000.

Good luck!

Damn you moto!!!! Now I feel bad for wanting to sell her!

Quote Originally Posted by Body Bagz View Post
    Damn you moto!!!! Now I feel bad for wanting to sell her!
    Good! Thats a hot bike! Ride the piss outta that bitch than consider something bigger!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-