Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

WANTED: Pitbull Standard Forward Handle Rear Stand

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

WANTED: Pitbull Standard Forward Handle Rear Stand

Looking for another forward handle rear stand for Annalisa's bike. Limited garage width requires the forward handled type.

Anyone have a standard for sale or know of a place that discounts Pitbull stands? Pitbull has them for $140 and so does everyone else.

I'm trying to keep within our budget, this is why I'm looking for a discount.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Re: WANTED: Pitbull Standard Forward Handle Rear Stand

Chuck, as far as prices pitbulls are pretty regulated (just like pazzo) so you're not going to find much of a discount anywhere unless you get used. I just bought mine from pitbull.

On another note, I highly encourage you to not get the forward handle stand.

I actually got one, didn't like it, and had to swap it for a regular one (Pitbull customer service was awesome about this... didn't care that it was used for a trackday, paid all the shipping both ways, swap didn't cost me a penny, etc).

No matter which way I adjusted the lifters, it wouldn't allow me socket access to the rear axle nut (since the lifting geometry is different with the forward handle). Completely defeats 50% of the reason you have a rear stand...

Also, it's not really much easier to use than a regular stand and I found it pretty awkward. Just train yourself to do it carefully with a normal one. Ever since I got warmers I have pretty much figured it out and it's not hard, just spend a bit of time in the garage holding the bike and working the stand a bunch of times. Have someone there in case you start to lose it.

My .02.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

chuck, pitbull shipped them free when i ordered front AND rear stands with them over the phone. i know you're only looking for a rear stand now, but if you might want a front stand in the future, this may be a deciding factor for you. i believe shipping is usually $40 each

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

I have one for my 900 and LIKE it. I have no issues with removing my rear wheel using the forward stand.

I need the forward handle due to space constraints. The forward handle allows me to butt the rear wheel against the garage wall, whereas a conventional handle moves the bike forward close to a foot. I need to put both bikes at the front of my garage, left to right, and need to put the rear wheels against the wall in order to be able to walk into the house.

|

Quote Originally Posted by DBConz View Post
    chuck, pitbull shipped them free when i ordered front AND rear stands with them over the phone. i know you're only looking for a rear stand now, but if you might want a front stand in the future, this may be a deciding factor for you. i believe shipping is usually $40 each
    The reason I asked about a discount is that the stands for her bike are on HER dime. That was the agreement about her owning a bike is that she will be responsible for the costs associated with it.

|

sportbiketrackgear has the standard for $134 shipped and the forward handle for $140 shipped.

http://sportbiketrackgear2.homestead.com/pitbull.html

Quote Originally Posted by jc r6 View Post
    sportbiketrackgear has the standard for $134 shipped and the forward handle for $140 shipped.

http://sportbiketrackgear2.homestead.com/pitbull.html
    Yeah, I ended up biting the bullet and ordering it from them. Odd that shipping is free, since their policy is orders over $150 are shipped free.

Unless it's something with shipping any stand for free.

Annalisa is SO lucky to have me. (or at least a little of what little money I have)

|

Quote Originally Posted by 97BladeRider View Post
    Yeah, I ended up biting the bullet and ordering it from them. Odd that shipping is free, since their policy is orders over $150 are shipped free.

Unless it's something with shipping any stand for free.

Annalisa is SO lucky to have me. (or at least a little of what little money I have)
    Yeah i think they include the shipping on the stands in the price.

I don't know if you've ordered from them before but they have the cheapest deals i've seen on Michelin tires with free shipping

Their sister site also has great deals on trackdays. www.sportbiketracktime.com They are more southern located but it includes VIR. i paid $175 for trackdays at VIR in 07