Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Crow Hill MX Aug 18th

It never got fast enough rebelpacket's Avatar

Crow Hill MX Aug 18th

KTM makes a good machine. A lot of riders I know swear by the 300XC, and the other KTM 2-strokes over the 4's. I'm glad you like yours so much Paul.

Joe, I keep missing you for rides man! I'd love to give the two-smokes a try again up there some time. Your more than welcome to try the 520 too if you want to play the swinger game... I bet it feels like your CR500!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    They should call Production Twins what it really is, Shitty McBikefest. Rules for Participation: If your bike runs lower laptimes than a lawnmower, you are not eligibile for Shitty McBikefest. -Darrell

Alex Pearsall #121 ESMRA / #512 LRRS

Crow Hill MX Aug 18th

Hey Alex...
    One of these days we'll tear up the same dirt.
    Swapping is cool. But I bet you the 520 feels nothing like th 500. The 520 I'm sure has great bottom end, yes? The 500 feels like a very narrow ranged 125 with 4 times the motor, and no bottom. It's pretty much all mid-range. Wish it had more bottom, but that's the way it is unfortunatley.......

Crow Hill MX Aug 18th

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I got great brake pressure with the zip tie trick. 2 finger stoppies.

I try and tell everyone that trick really works, to bad some advise spending big bucks to fix something a 5 cent tip tie will take care of

If you guys do this again and I still have my MX toy, I'm down for it

Yamaha

Crow Hill MX Aug 18th

damn, weather is PERFECT! loaded up and ready to jet momentarily, see you guys there. black pick'em up truck, white/red husky.

_clinton

Beta 200RR

Crow Hill MX Aug 18th

wow, what a FUN day!! i'm super impressed with Crow Hill, had no idea it was that nice there, blows away Rocky Hill IMO. the track was gorgeously groomed for the morning sessions, obstacles are perfect for all kinds of skill sets. only one mellow digger in the deep sand berm out back, me and the Husky cant wait to go back again!

Joe, sorry we met you so late in the day but good to meet you still.

Paul, hope the tuning issues are simple tweaks otherwise had a blast!

Beta 200RR

Crow Hill MX Aug 18th

Awesome fricken day despite a few teething probs with my motor. It ran perfect all morning, but I was short shifting everywhere whil getting used to the track. I think that, plus the serious dust clogging my airfilter started fouling the plug, and after lunch it was just running crappy.

I pulled the plug and it was black, looked in the hole at the piston, and I didn't see any dets or anything, so My plan was to rev the snot out of it in the next session, and it worked. It also really helped my riding and I was starting to put together good laps, when suddenly fluid started spraying up at me as I landed big hits. I guess I waqs boiling it over now...

I think I may not have used a thick enough base gasket for my set-up. I didn't have the deck height tool so I guesstimated...

Anyhow, the track was superfun and I can't wait to get back there. As always, great riding with you Clinton. Joe, nice to meet you finally! Next time we'll ride together.

Paul_E_D

Crow Hill MX Aug 18th

Yup..it was an awesome friggin day. And your'e right Clinton. Crow Hill blows away Rocky Hill anyday of the week. If we lived closer, we'd be there all the time. A must for me to go there again. An awesome track the seems more like old time MX than too much super-X mixed in. Gotta love it.

Paul/Clinton...excellent to meet you guys. Wish is was sooner for sure, and got to ride together for a bit. That would have been cool. Hopefully next time a ride is put togther I can join you.

Crow Hill MX Aug 18th

My favorite was that drop down mini double into the bottom turn. I started clearing it in the last session, and it was just soo satisfying. Woot!

Paul_E_D

Crow Hill MX Aug 18th

i was going through parts of the track in my head while waking up this AM thinking how smooth it would feel to clear that mini, swoop the lower berm then blast up that hill over the next double. it helped to spectate for a bit and watch the smooth riders in expert group, not carrying mad speed but just consistent speed.

i was babbling about the track all night at dinner, Kat was like, "don't think youre going there every single Saturday now"... i said, "no, more like every Tues/Thurs AND Sat!" hahaa. we should try for a Thurs session some time this Fall. must be vacant.

i gotta work on strengthening my lower back, its wrecked today. i'm usually not overly sore but man is my back shot. not used to jumps i guess, lots of spine compression or something 'cause i usually stand as much as possible anyway when riding.

Beta 200RR

Crow Hill MX Aug 18th

Were the sand whoops as big and steep in the morning as they were at the end of the day? I got there around 1:30 and had to learn the track after it was already pretty chewed up. I still had fun though.

Crow Hill MX Aug 18th

Yeah, The whoops didn't change much, but the jump faces were smooth as glass in the AM. As they started rutting up, I kept getting crossed up in the air at first.

Paul_E_D

Crow Hill MX Aug 18th

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    i was going through parts of the track in my head while waking up this AM thinking how smooth it would feel to clear that mini, swoop the lower berm then blast up that hill over the next double. it helped to spectate for a bit and watch the smooth riders in expert group, not carrying mad speed but just consistent speed.

i gotta work on strengthening my lower back, its wrecked today. i'm usually not overly sore but man is my back shot. not used to jumps i guess, lots of spine compression or something 'cause i usually stand as much as possible anyway when riding.
    Yeah, There's very little spine compression when you start clearing the gaps. That little rise they put at the end of the tables is enough to really pound you. get over the hump in the air, and it's smooth as silk landing.

My back and legs are a little sore today, but that might be from regrading my backyard with a pickaxe on Sunday! New patio going in for apres track cookouts!

Last edited by Paul_E_D; 08-20-07 at 02:13 PM.
    Paul_E_D

Crow Hill MX Aug 18th

exactly, i was only clearing two (maybe 3?) of the smaller doubles like the one heading towards the sand portion, so nice to just land smooth. the rest i was getting pounded on. plenty to work on next sessions.

oooh, new patio, noice!

Beta 200RR

Crow Hill MX Aug 18th

Yup..clearing the gaps is what it takes to ease the body jolts. I've got to work on that myself. It's been a while for me. Just have to go for more of them one of these days because it's all in the head.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12