Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

ICE!!!

Re: ICE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elissama101 View Post
    haha just starting to feel it now - gonna be an advil day tomorrow I'm sure. I've accepted my spectacular wipeout as karma for hitting stoner square in the nose with that water bottle from about 20ft away
    THAT was funny

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by elissama101 View Post
    haha just starting to feel it now - gonna be an advil day tomorrow I'm sure. I've accepted my spectacular wipeout as karma for hitting stoner square in the nose with that water bottle from about 20ft away
    Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    THAT was funny
    Holy fuck, that was the scene of the weekend! I think my eyes are actually getting black & blue...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Forgot to thank you guys again. Mark & Todd for lunch, although it wasn't intended to work out that way. And Melissa for a great Chinese food spread tonight. That was really cool of you guys!

Went up to VT last weekend to ride around on a great roadcourse setup. Let me know if you guys need a hand this coming weekend. It'd be great to not have to drive so far for a great left/right track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNo8W0huiBQ

edit: damn embedding isn't working... sorry.

Nice video - looks like a good time

Quote Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
    Went up to VT last weekend to ride around on a great roadcourse setup. Let me know if you guys need a hand this coming weekend. It'd be great to not have to drive so far for a great left/right track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNo8W0huiBQ

edit: damn embedding isn't working... sorry.
    That track actually seems remarkably similar to ours, although ours doesn't have enough right turns, me thinks. But when I originally set it up, I had planned to run it in either direction. Just so happens, counter-clockwise seems the desired direction...

I thought I'd play nice guy and do this outta the way of the snowmobilers, so we're kinda limited on the layout. And I wanted to keep it close to the house, so that furthered our limitations. There's a few things I'll do a little different next year...

Where would you be coming from?

It's easier to turn left, for whatever reason

Any report on the condition? Radar showed you'z got hammered with rain, and the weekend is looking a lot colder, but a potential snow event

Yamaha

Just a few pics, something is fucked with my camera and the others didn't come out

Small fire Saturday night, thought I heard Jay say to pull his finger?

elissama101 foot out on the throttle

Brad (tonup) on Big Shirls quad and Jay trying to act cool in the background

turbotodd tearing it up on my Rappy

Jay tearing it up on the One Eyed Rappy

Yamaha

Not supposed to really cool down til Thurs. night into Friday. Sat. is looking like 0 for the low, high 21. You guys should have a good run of it this weekend. Some snow showers possible but nothing to really talk about, but that could change.
    Rained its ass off from about noontime on. Damn windy too.

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."

Looks like we'll practically have a clean canvas to work with! Every bit of snow is gone from the lake. We can juuuuuust barely see remnants of the snowbanks around the track. This is good. There were a coupla things I wanted to change, so I'll try to take advantage of this. I especially wanna get the track out from the point a bit more. I'll extend the straight coming outta the hairpin into the middle of the track. That'll also give us another decent right-hander before hitting that sweeper. Thinking of stretching it out a bit down at the 'end' too - like that first set of S's after the sweeper. Maybe bang out another right-hander, then bring it back into the other S's that run along the shore there...

Looks like Tuesday night, things start getting colder and'll get progresively colder. Like, fuckin'AYE cold. Thursday - Saturday night temps'll be down in the single numbers, even close to 0. Day time temps not much more than 20. Maybe an inch or two of snow here & there, but that would actually help at this point...

Good stuff!

Small fire Saturday night, thought I heard Jay say to pull his finger?

Holy drunken hell! Da fuck was I doing? Lightin' a fart, no doubt!

I actually forgot about the cameras that were out Saturday night...

Melissa's TOTALLY checkin' out my ass!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Looks like we'll practically have a clean canvas to work with! Every bit of snow is gone from the lake. We can juuuuuust barely see remnants of the snowbanks around the track. This is good. There were a coupla things I wanted to change, so I'll try to take advantage of this. I especially wanna get the track out from the point a bit more. I'll extend the straight coming outta the hairpin into the middle of the track. That'll also give us another decent right-hander before hitting that sweeper. Thinking of stretching it out a bit down at the 'end' too - like that first set of S's after the sweeper. Maybe bang out another right-hander, then bring it back into the other S's that run along the shore there...

Looks like Tuesday night, things start getting colder and'll get progresively colder. Like, fuckin'AYE cold. Thursday - Saturday night temps'll be down in the single numbers, even close to 0. Day time temps not much more than 20. Maybe an inch or two of snow here & there, but that would actually help at this point...

Good stuff!
    Yup snow would be good to define the track layout, if no snow I'm sure we can set a line down with a few laps of putting the screws to it.

I thought I saw a green flame come out of
    Jays ass!

Forgot to thank you guys again. Mark & Todd for lunch, although it wasn't intended to work out that way. And Melissa for a great Chinese food spread tonight. That was really cool of you guys!
    No problem cupcake, it was the least we could do

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by turboraptor View Post
    Jays ass!
    By looking at the picture, you were in direct line of fire, so you would know best

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by hessogood View Post
    Yup snow would be good to define the track layout, if no snow I'm sure we can set a line down with a few laps of putting the screws to it.
    I was also thinking of grabbing a coupla cans of landscape paint too. Do like, the inside line so we don't bury it with flying ice...

Quote Originally Posted by turboraptor View Post
    Jays ass!
    By looking at the picture, you were in direct line of fire, so you would know best
    turboraptor is Todd???

Good times, Todd. Glad you made it up!

Someone just 'showed' me another pic...

ICEY HOT!

Not to hijack the thread,but,it is fitting..There is a bill currently pending in the N.H. House[HB1328] that is going to be finally decided on 2-18-10.The bill is to ban wheeled vehicle usage on Stone Pond in Marlow,N.H. on the frozen surface.It is one of the places we go and ride the ice,been going on for many years.There is one creepy liberal academia in one house putting up a huge stink about the noise,etc and they managed to get a bill as far as the House of Reps.It has a very good chance at passing,if they get away with it there,others are sure to follow.Tracked vehicles are not mentioned.IF anyone knows anybody with political pull in N.H.House,please try to persuade them to vote no.The outcome will affect all of us.

Last edited by 560smr; 01-25-10 at 09:33 PM.

Holy drunken hell! Da fuck was I doing? Lightin' a fart, no doubt!

I actually forgot about the cameras that were out Saturday night...

Melissa's TOTALLY checkin' out my ass!
    I was startled into looking at it by the loud noises emanating out of it

Quote Originally Posted by 560smr View Post
    Not to hijack the thread,but,it is fitting..There is a bill currently pending in the N.H. House[HB1328] that is going to be finally decided on 2-18-10.The bill is to ban wheeled vehicle usage on Stone Pond in Marlow,N.H. on the frozen surface.It is one of the places we go and ride the ice,been going on for many years.There is one creepy liberal academia in one house putting up a huge stink about the noise,etc and they managed to get a bill as far as the House of Reps.It has a very good chance at passing,if they get away with it there,others are sure to follow.Tracked vehicles are not mentioned.IF anyone knows anybody with political pull in N.H.House,please try to persuade them to vote no.The outcome will affect all of us.
    What you need to do is get people to call the reps in that area. Is it too late to muster up some support from other homeowners around there?

I'm not overly concerned about our lake at this point in regards to getting banned. Mosta the houses near where we ride are only seasonal anyway and see little, if any use this time of year. And I can assure you, us riding out there like that is far less annoying that most of the sleds out there. Everybody that's approached me around here about the track think it's a hoot and get a kick outta it. Most all year-round waterfront residents around here know me well enough to come to me if they had a problem with it...

Your situation sucks, no doubt. I'd be pissed. He's a resident though, sounds like your crew doesn't live there. Ya really gotta get some other homeowners around there to get on board with you guys...

Lol... you guys have a lot of quads. Should put plows on 'em to keep the track clean.

The track in the video was 6/10 mile long, and ended up a little wider by the end of the day. The snowbanks were great at slowing you down when crashing. Guy had a gps, and mapped the track while plowing off the ice chips.

I live over in Raymond, so it's a haul up to VT to ride for the day. But worth it. The straight on the bottom was quick enough to get towards the top of 3rd gear on my 525.

Last edited by UngaWunga; 01-25-10 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 560smr View Post
    Is this the big oval out there? Sucks that all it takes is one person bitching loud enough to ruin it for everyone. People show up there with their kids, families... Great place to ride, very cool people.

I'll talk to some people who might know something.

Quote Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
    Lol... you guys have a lot of quads. Should put plows on 'em to keep the track clean.
    Hmmm, if I didn't know any better, this sounds like a race in the making?

Yamaha