Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Mototown 3/11 or 3/12? Afternoon or evening?

Mototown 3/11 or 3/12? Afternoon or evening?

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in going to Mototown either when they open Wed the 11th at 11am or Thurs the 12th at 2pm. I can wait either of those days and go later on in the evening but I'd like to go when they open to have some open track time being that its only my 2nd time ever on a MX track.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    John

04 KTM 125SX
    05 CBR600RR
    07 KTM 250XC-W

Re: Mototown 3/11 or 3/12? Afternoon or evening?

id love to get there during the week if I can get time off...I want to get my front wheel relaced also need to order oil before I ride next as well.

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Damn, I really wanted to go today, but I stayed home to get some chores done. I don't think I can sneak out this week. Houseguests nex weekend, I'm out for a while...

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by seth505 View Post
    id love to get there during the week if I can get time off...I want to get my front wheel relaced also need to order oil before I ride next as well.
    Have you ever tried lacing it yourself? Not sure if you're on Thumper Talk but there was a pretty good tutorial on how to do it yourself. I can try and find the link if you're interested.

John

04 KTM 125SX
    05 CBR600RR
    07 KTM 250XC-W

Quote Originally Posted by JRide View Post
    Have you ever tried lacing it yourself? Not sure if you're on Thumper Talk but there was a pretty good tutorial on how to do it yourself. I can try and find the link if you're interested.
    thanks man, I might try one day but I don't want to try on my good wheels...I just want someone I trust to do it. I never even did my own bicycle wheels because I jump alot and I would be so pissed if a wheel folded and destroyed me because I didn't do it right

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

thanks man, I might try one day but I don't want to try on my good wheels...I just want someone I trust to do it. I never even did my own bicycle wheels because I jump alot and I would be so pissed if a wheel folded and destroyed me because I didn't do it right
    As a BMXer and pretty brutal MTBer, I had that perspective for years. Started doing my own last year. It's actually pretty easy. Start with trueing and tensioning, and/or spoke replacement, and work your way into rim replacement. Great info on Sheldon's site, sheldonbrown.com, and some good help on usenet rec.bicycles.tech if you can weed through the BS. Let me know if you ever decide to tackle a bike wheel and need any advice, or someone to help. I have not done a motorcycle wheel yet, want to start with a junk wheel and don't have one kicking around, but bicycle wheels are cake.

cool thanks for the info, I do true my own wheels but never got into building. I have a friend who does it professionally and he always did mine for free so thats half of why I never tried either aha

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

No prob. If I had a pro doing mine for free I probably wouldn't bother either. I'd still like to know the basics so I can do trailside stuff, but that's usually more tree and shoulder than spoke wrench work anyway, and it sounds like you've got the basics down. Also sounds like if you decide to learn your buddy is better qualified than I am to teach you. Just figured I'd throw it out there, offer stands to any fellow NESR people who want to tackle a bike wheel and don't have a buddy doing it professionally as well

No problem. I don't blame you especially if you have a friend who does it for free.

John

04 KTM 125SX
    05 CBR600RR
    07 KTM 250XC-W