Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Anyone Riding Weekend After TDay

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Re: Anyone Riding Weekend After TDay

I need to make the trip to RI one of these days to test out the gravity on Mark's property. Gotta see if it affects my bike the same as it seems to everyone else that rides there.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousR1 View Post
    My hands still hurt today! That was one of the funnest rides i've done, everything seemed to flow so well yesterday. I seem to learn a new trick everytime I ride out there. I am finally getting the tight corners down, theirs plenty out there to practice on.

The single track section is looking like it will turn out to be a pretty intense loop. But again, even the flow through there seemed really good. Thinkin next weekend we do some work to the single track? Drag a rake behind for a line to follow, add some rocks to that one section?
    I was hurting today and that was one of the best riding workouts I'd had all season
    You are doing great for a new rider and it may be time to take the lead for a change in pace for you? Besides, it's my turn to follow for a while and see some...hmmm, how to say...unexpected encounters?

The more I rode the single track section, the more I like it. Turns out to be just about a mile and the way it's set up now, it automatically doubles back on itself so it's really 2 miles. It needs to be ridden to form an easy to follow line, that's half the battle.
    I'll be up for some trail work this weekend if you want, there's a few spots that need some TLC. That one rock garden you mentioned, there's a sink hole somewhere the size of a front wheel, and the big rock section needs some work.

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    I need to make the trip to RI one of these days to test out the gravity on Mark's property. Gotta see if it affects my bike the same as it seems to everyone else that rides there.
    Seems so far my neighbor is one of the only ones that doesn't suffer from this gravity issue...though he did tell a story about hitting a tree last weekend.
    Anytime Joel, just let me know

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    The clutch is dragging excessively, it's effectively not working when warm. I've got a couple relatively easy things to check this weekend before I get worried.
    If you're riding the clutch a lot and the bike is hot, it's pretty normal for the clutch to drag and "almost" not work. What people tell me the fix is, is to go faster
    First things I'd do if the clutch was dragging, check the cable is not tight and binding anywhere. A little cable drag can cause a little clutch slip and heat it up. Also, change the oil and make sure the proper weight oil is in there, big difference in clutch feel with fresh oil IMO

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    hmm, that clutch engagement is something I experienced as well but never made the final step to fix because the cash flow infusion for mine has stopped...I did everything except replace the steel/friction plates because the previous seller told me they were new.

Does it slam into, or between gears and lurch forward when you're stopped?

would you be interested in used boots if they fit ya? I only ask because imho, used boots function the same as new boots (and will get dirty eventually anyways), but cost a lot less.
    I've no issues with used boots, possibly issues with cash flow but not with used gear. : )

It doesn't slam into gears, it actually clutchless shifts beautifully. It's that shift from neutral to first thats fun as I'd better be ready to move NOW, and you can actually break the rear loose by grabbing a handful in first while squeezing the clutch for dear life even when it's working at it's best.

I'm going to get a new cable ASAP as I noticed I went from almost no adjuster use to nearly all of the adjuster out not long into the day while trying to maintain proper freeplay. I'm going to pull the push rod and plates for inspection this weekend to make sure they're all in tact as I guess the push rod is known for deforming, and warped steels would certainly explain the symptoms also.

Also, check for notches in the fingers of the basket.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234