Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 126 to 147 of 147

New track in NY

  1. #126
    #331 CBR929RE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bridgewater, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,677

    Re: New track in NY


    Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    What will be involved to run the opposite way? If there are consecutive track days, will it be one day clockwise, next day counterclockwise? Or morning one way, afternoon the other? Or is it likely to be more like alternating directions just every other year due to hassle of changing safety features?
    It's nice that running the other way won't mess up pavement like it does with dirt...most non-regulated mx practice tracks have people running them whichever way they choose (when no one else is there, obviously) and it ends up forming huge braking bumps on the exit to every turn, as well as the entrance.
    safety features don't change on a road course. they'll build the gravel traps and other such items at the exit of each turn with regards to each direction rather than just one. nothing is actually done to the track to change the direction.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #127
    Member Mgiossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Coventry, RI
    Posts
    269

    Re: New track in NY

    cant wait to try this track out next year. heres to hoping there will be a sunday track day at some point

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Just keep moving those markers in until your pants become soiled and you see god.
    LRRS AM #329
    Thank you to my 2020 sponsors: Vortex, Hot Bodies, Zero gravity, Cycle gear, Spectro Oil, DP brakes!!

  3. #128
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,122

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Mgiossi View Post
    cant wait to try this track out next year. heres to hoping there will be a sunday track day at some point
    We did 4 Sun/Mon events at NJMP this year. Where were YOU?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  4. #129
    #331 CBR929RE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bridgewater, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,677

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    We did 4 Sun/Mon events at NJMP this year. Where were YOU?
    what he's saying is that for most people that requires a day off.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #130
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,122

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    what he's saying is that for most people that requires a day off.
    Uh.... thanks for clearing that one up for me

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  6. #131
    #331 CBR929RE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bridgewater, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,677

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    Uh.... thanks for clearing that one up for me
    anytime buddy, sometimes you gotta spell it out for people like you

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #132

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    what he's saying is that for most people that requires a day off.
    ???

    He asked for a SUNDAY trackday. Pete said we had multiple SUNDAY trackdays.

    What am I missing?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com



    Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com


  8. #133
    First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Farmington
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,333

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by 35racer View Post
    ???

    He asked for a SUNDAY trackday. Pete said we had multiple SUNDAY trackdays.

    What am I missing?
    the sarcasm

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

  9. #134
    Don't bother me! R7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamaha Blvd
    Age
    47
    Posts
    13,923

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by 35racer View Post
    ???

    He asked for a SUNDAY trackday. Pete said we had multiple SUNDAY trackdays.

    What am I missing?
    Being Jersey, a Sunday trackday still requires Monday off if you have a 7am-3ish job. I "think" that is the point trying to be made.
    NHMS I know for me is quite easy to tollerate packing up and leaving the track by 5:30, and being home by 8:30...the new York track may push that to 9:30-10pm ...which is still easy to deal with getting up for work the following day. The one and only time I went to New Jersey, we left the track at 6pm and I didn't get home until 2am. The next day ends up being a waisted vacation day..I know for me anyways

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

    A Big Powerful Sportbike

  10. #135
    Is this thing on? Mr. Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hiram, ME
    Posts
    2,683

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Mgiossi View Post
    cant wait to try this track out next year. heres to hoping there will be a sunday track day at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    what he's saying is that for most people that requires a day off.
    I think what Mgiossi was saying was not that a Sunday trackday requires a day off...but just that he hopes there will be Sunday trackdays at the new track.

    Pete points out that were plenty of Sunday/Monday two day events, which is awesome if you can swing/want to do two days...but you don't have to sign up for the second day of a two day in order to do the first, with TTD or any other TD org I know of. I'm guessing that's the point Tony was trying to make.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #136
    #331 CBR929RE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bridgewater, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,677

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by 35racer View Post
    ???

    He asked for a SUNDAY trackday. Pete said we had multiple SUNDAY trackdays.

    What am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    the sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Being Jersey, a Sunday trackday still requires Monday off if you have a 7am-3ish job. I "think" that is the point trying to be made.
    NHMS I know for me is quite easy to tollerate packing up and leaving the track by 5:30, and being home by 8:30...the new York track may push that to 9:30-10pm ...which is still easy to deal with getting up for work the following day. The one and only time I went to New Jersey, we left the track at 6pm and I didn't get home until 2am. The next day ends up being a waisted vacation day..I know for me anyways
    Oxx got it. I was giving Pete a little crap cause a Sunday/Monday requires a day off for most people (who would do just one day, that's dumb ).

    Why would anyone who works at 7am need another day off after a sunday track day? After the last Tony's NJ day I left at 6 and was home by 11:30. add another 1-3 hours for people further than Boston and its still not bad. So what if you're tired the next day at work. and this NY track is even closer for all of us.

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #137
    Member Krazy Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bristol, CT
    Posts
    231

    Re: New track in NY

    I don't care. I'm going to ride this track for every TTD I can!!! (I did do EVERY TTD this year. Now I just get to add another track!)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #138
    Don't bother me! R7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamaha Blvd
    Age
    47
    Posts
    13,923

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    Why would anyone who works at 7am need another day off after a sunday track day? After the last Tony's NJ day I left at 6 and was home by 11:30. add another 1-3 hours for people further than Boston and its still not bad. So what if you're tired the next day at work. and this NY track is even closer for all of us.
    My bad, I guess it depends on your job and what you feel safe with. If I had a desk/office job, sure, no problem with 2-3 hours sleep. Aint happening with my job

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

    A Big Powerful Sportbike

  14. #139
    #331 CBR929RE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bridgewater, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,677

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    My bad, I guess it depends on your job and what you feel safe with. If I had a desk/office job, sure, no problem with 2-3 hours sleep. Aint happening with my job
    just find some place to hide from your boss and make an appearance at break and lunch time

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #140
    Don't bother me! R7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamaha Blvd
    Age
    47
    Posts
    13,923

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    just find some place to hide from your boss and make an appearance at break and lunch time
    It's not my boss I'm worried about, it's my life

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

    A Big Powerful Sportbike

  16. #141
    ^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,296

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    My bad, I guess it depends on your job and what you feel safe with. If I had a desk/office job, sure, no problem with 2-3 hours sleep. Aint happening with my job
    Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    just find some place to hide from your boss and make an appearance at break and lunch time
    Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    It's not my boss I'm worried about, it's my life
    That is funny Mark. When I first read Brett's post the first thing that came to mind was, apparently he doesn't know what Mark does for work. Even thought about posting but figured you'd get to it.

    Pretty sure life is not really worth saving a day off for LOL. Take the day off and live to ride etc. another day is much better than the possible alternative.

    Joel

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #142
    #331 CBR929RE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bridgewater, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,677

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    It's not my boss I'm worried about, it's my life
    Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    That is funny Mark. When I first read Brett's post the first thing that came to mind was, apparently he doesn't know what Mark does for work. Even thought about posting but figured you'd get to it.

    Pretty sure life is not really worth saving a day off for LOL. Take the day off and live to ride etc. another day is much better than the possible alternative.

    Joel
    work on bridges, right?

    I said go hide somewhere. I didn't say go hide and still do actual work. you can't fall off if you're asleep in your car

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  18. #143

    Re: New track in NY

    If that's the case, when it's a Sunday/Monday event - take the Monday off and ride until 3PM. That gets you home early and you take one vacation day to ride 2 trackdays (or 1.8 trackdays)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com



    Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com


  19. #144
    Member Mgiossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Coventry, RI
    Posts
    269

    Re: New track in NY

    to clear anything up i was saying that i work monday to friday. i currently have only been to monday track days which requires time off from work so sundays work best. NJ is to far for me for a sunday track day to be home and rested for work monday. this new track seems close enough to be an awesome sunday, be home for monday work track. cant wait for this track to open and yes cant wait for some sunday track days hell why not saturdays even better lol

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Just keep moving those markers in until your pants become soiled and you see god.
    LRRS AM #329
    Thank you to my 2020 sponsors: Vortex, Hot Bodies, Zero gravity, Cycle gear, Spectro Oil, DP brakes!!

  20. #145
    Don't bother me! R7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamaha Blvd
    Age
    47
    Posts
    13,923

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by 35racer View Post
    If that's the case, when it's a Sunday/Monday event - take the Monday off and ride until 3PM. That gets you home early and you take one vacation day to ride 2 trackdays (or 1.8 trackdays)
    That's a great idea Tony. So what would the price be for 1.8 trackdays?

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

    A Big Powerful Sportbike

  21. #146
    Cabin Fever kb1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Down South
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    That's a great idea Tony. So what would the price be for 1.8 trackdays?
    Hehehe I was think the SAME thing!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  22. #147

    Re: New track in NY

    Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    That's a great idea Tony. So what would the price be for 1.8 trackdays?
    For you? Only $225 per day!



    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com



    Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com


Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-04-12, 02:12 PM
  2. Texas Track back on track....!
    By DucDave in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-11, 07:46 PM
  3. Motorcycle-Vermont.com Track Day Section: NHMS Track Days
    By VTPyzon in forum General Track Day Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-10, 07:48 PM
  4. Track Plastics Or Keep It Stock For Track Days?
    By Dieseldan in forum General Track Day Talk
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-19-09, 04:01 PM
  5. Tony's track day - NJ Track day spot for SALE - cheap
    By ChrisDac in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-08, 12:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •