Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Building My Budget Bike Garage

Re: Building My Budget Bike Garage

that gixxer 750 looks like it's ready for some hard core posing

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Wow, now that all the hard work is done, I'll have to come up with a couple 12-ers! Looks great Jason. Well done, sir, well done.

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Quote Originally Posted by catamount View Post
    Where in the world did you find that phase converter for $25???

Looks like it might have "fallen off a truck".

An older gentleman on craigslist. Used to be in his shop but I guess he was getting out of all of that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Uhhhh...I hate to point to an obvious flaw in an otherwise extremely well thought out and executed project. But I didn't see the ice maker/crusher. Figure you'll wanna get that sorted out while you're installing the plumbing, right?

No, no. You're welcome...
    Hmmm.... where can I fit that I do have a freezer in the mini fridge and it does get cold enough for ice, I even have an ice tray in it....

Quote Originally Posted by Dichotomous View Post
    real men drink beer, you do not add ice to beer....
    True, but you know me bro, beer = no ice.... Whiskey = Ice for the first two.... eh after that though.....

wow phase converter HOLY FUCKING SCORE

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by ceo and a bunch of numbers View Post
    wow phase converter HOLY FUCKING SCORE
    yeah, that one just about put me into cardiac arrest haha.

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    Hmmm.... where can I fit that I do have a freezer in the mini fridge and it does get cold enough for ice, I even have an ice tray in it....
    Nah, man. Wunna those jobbies like they have in hotels. Pipe a fresh water supply to it, and voila! Ya know, I'm just sayin'. Why not wrap the project up with something like that? I mean, you're plumbing it anyway, right? That'd really drive that puppy home is all...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

best line said from jason while building sewer connections last night: "Holy shit I cut my penis off!"

theres just something about a blue bike

Quote Originally Posted by Dichotomous View Post
    best line said from jason while building sewer connections last night: "Holy shit I cut my penis off!"
    Wow, he really did post it....

yeah, fortunately it was just a 3inch diameter foot and a half long piece of pipe, was just confused by the similar size........ actually I was mocking someone that was all worried I would hurt myself by using a hacksaw to cut a piece of pipe I was holding across my lap.

Yeah, anyways... moving on... rapidly....

Still waiting for the information I need to get the drain line permit, but everything is almost all set up to the tie in outside the garage. Need to add one vent pipe and that is it.

This weekend I hope to box in the sides all nice and cozy like. For now here is what Dan and I got done last night.

You can see where this starts heading underground...

And here is the view showing it under ground level. 18 inches of height sucks to cram yourself into then try to hold your breath long enough to use that nasty pipe solvent.

Toilet flange in the bathroom, no, not all done around it of course

Sink drain coming out of the floor...

Love expanding foam...except when it gets on your hands.... I'll trim it after. The top of the drain is just temp set on it. That pipe will end up going back to the wall in a 45degree angle then running straight up inside the wall to meet up with the stack vent. A sanitary tee will be about 2 feet up it for the sink hookup. I brought it up above the floor first before turning towards the wall so that I can keep it away from the cold as much as possible. The sink has plenty of room to hide the piping and the sheet-rock is only temporarily secured at the moment.

oh yeah, and that's not a warped floor, I just have the linoleum peeled up at the moment as I had to get to my flooring for cutting holes...

This weekend the plan is to box in around the bottom. Pull the sheet-rock in the bathroom and run the vent pipe, put the sheet-rock back on. Secure the linoleum and mud and sand the room. Hopefully by wed I will have the whole bathroom good to go so as soon as I can get the permit I can do the final connection and start using it!

Merry almost Christmas everyone!!! Hope everyone has had a great year so far

Figured I would do an update since I'm still chugging away on the garage with the guys that have been helping me. Not a ton of news, but big news still.

Water is flowing. Yep, we now have running water in the garage. My good friend Dano is helping me figure out the permits for the waste water, but so far, so good!!!

In other news, thanks to Craigslist and two great guys we now have enough insulation to finish insulating the ceiling to a value of R60!!!! Supposedly, from all the calculations that will mean that a 20K BTU heater would be sufficient to keep the place warm. Since I have a 97.5% efficient 100,000BTU heater I should be toasty no problem. Yeah, I know, overkill isn't always good, but I have a thermostat and will figure it out lol.

Anyways, this weekend a guy on craigslist listed insulation bats, R30, for sale, make an offer. I contacted him and he told me someone was already coming for them but he would let me know if the guy didn't show up. I pretty much wrote it off but a day later he emailed me to tell me there were about 14 left and I could just have them if I wanted them. I headed down to pick them up with the wife, the puppy and some extra thick garbage bags. Poor guy must have thought I was nuts showing up in a little car as he is standing beside a pile of insulation that is 6 feet wide, 4 feet deep and 5 feet long going 'I found more but how are you going to fit it?!?!'

I fit it. Packed those bags till they were almost bursting. Hell, I was jumping up and down on them to pack it all in, but I got it in. My buddy Johny-O meet us down there and treated us to dinner at a local pub; all in all an excellent night!

Next up on craigslist was a gentleman with 21 bags of R30 insulation unopened. 25 feet long each. $15 a roll or a deal for the whole lot. I contacted him about the whole lot and he made me a great deal. I went down with the car and found that he had found one more full roll and a 3/4 roll. He tossed those in at no extra cost and I set about packing the car. Those puppies are big and being bagged they were already packed about all they could be. I fit 13 and 3/4 in the car then called one of my relatives who showed up and ferried the rest for me. The guy who sold me the insulation was wicked nice and his wife was very kind. She even made sure I got a bandaid, over my protests, when I skinned my knuckle lol.

Anyways, I now have an enormous amount of insulation in the garage. Just shy of 1,000sq/ft in fact. Enough to finish the ceiling (some is partially insulated already) up to an R60 value.

I plan on clearing out the attic tonight and starting to insulate tonight and tomorrow night then possibly some come the weekend. Good fun!

yeah, those rolls really ARE that big compared to the motorcycles and such behind them. Those garbage bags are 60 gallon bags and are packed with the used (but clean and unfaced) insulation.

Oh and I also banged out a quick website for my garage stuff. I know, but I had to. It's rough and not finished but it is at: http://monkeywrenchgarage.com

Eventually I figure it will be amusing to keep track of projects and such in.

Very cool build thread. I would kill to have a mill in my workshop. Heres a tip for expanding foam insulation on your hands Vaseline takes it off.

Ice machine, my friend. ICE MACHINE!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by MidNight Powder View Post
    Very cool build thread. I would kill to have a mill in my workshop. Heres a tip for expanding foam insulation on your hands Vaseline takes it off.
    Now that is an AWESOME tip!!! I can't count the number of times I have been pissed as hell because that crap landed on me and wouldn't come off. I will have to try that next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Ice machine, my friend. ICE MACHINE!
    that or a bar style drink dispenser and some taps for my Guinness and long trail

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234