Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Calabogie Trip Report, Pro6 Cycles

Calabogie Trip Report, Pro6 Cycles

What a great trip!! The track is just fantastic and we were happy to be back after our June adventure there.

The event was run by Pro6 Cycles, they are the exclusive track day provider for Calabogie and we had heard it is a very aggressive fast group. I ran intermediate, Bill (Knarlydog) ran advanced. The day was well run, on time and the folks were nice. Not much in terms of instruction or control riders as far as I could tell. We found that it was a nice speed and not aggressive at all. People were courteous and safe, but the event was not full and the track is really big so that could have something to do with it.

The staff and marshals at Calabogie are by far the best I have seen anywhere in terms of organization and communication. Really a top notch facility and only getting better as they continue to build.

After Mont Tremblant last week which was sooooo fast (both the track and the people) I really felt like my riding took a new level in terms of going faster but feeling slower by a large margin. I feel like this was the first significant jump for me in a while so that was nice. I rented a go pro for the second day and Ill get some nice video up in a while.

The BAD:
    1. Bill put a hole in his piston of the Aprillia 250 which sucked. He rode my 749R the first afternoon and rented a Ninja 250 for day 2. He was freaking flying on that little 250. He basically wore a hole in the exhaust from leaning it so hard. Ive got some good video of that as well.
    2. We stopped for Pizza in Montreal and while we were gone my truck window was smashed and they stole Bills clothes and his laptop. really sucked. Big time downer on a great trip. Back your shit up, I am doing it today.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.734 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Track looks awesome. Nice pics!! Wanna go with you some time. Sorry about your truck and bills stuff.

Re: Calabogie Trip Report, Pro6 Cycles

I guess last week was ride a Canadian track week!

I'm only hearing good things about Calabogie. I'll have to make it my next new track to visit. That's awesome that they have Ninja 250's for rent!!

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Quote Originally Posted by rolker View Post
    I guess last week was ride a Canadian track week!

I'm only hearing good things about Calabogie. I'll have to make it my next new track to visit. That's awesome that they have Ninja 250's for rent!!
    You need to go.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.734 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Track looks awesome. Nice pics!! Wanna go with you some time. Sorry about your truck and bills stuff.
    on the truck stuff. Montreal sucks for motorcycle stuff getting ripped off. Last year Bruce Myers had a bunch of his stuff stolen...

So Derek...you'll go with Manny but not with me. I've invited you to the SSR twice. But NOOOO, you won't go with me...

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    on the truck stuff. Montreal sucks for motorcycle stuff getting ripped off. Last year Bruce Myers had a bunch of his stuff stolen...

So Derek...you'll go with Manny but not with me. I've invited you to the SSR twice. But NOOOO, you won't go with me...
    Don't be jealous Dave, I will spend some extra time with you at SSR to make up for dereks poor attitude.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100