Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Call for QStarz Crashers....

Call for QStarz Crashers....

As many of you know, I've been collecting data the past few years from people who have crashed at the track while using the QStarz GPS lap timer. The data allows me, or anyone, to calculate the deccelleration rate of a sliding motorcycle across asphalt (or dirt/gravel if the bike leaves the track). This information is very valuable to anyone attempting to reconstruct a motorcycle crash, which is what I do. To date, the only information available in the field is from controlled crashes where an unmanned motorcycle is towed behind a car and allowed to fall. So, this info is far above and beyond what is out there. In addition, there is very little information for sport bikes, and even less for sport bikes with sliders. I have ten sets of good data so far, but am looking for more if it's out there.

So, if anyone has any QStarz data from a session where you crashed, and you're willing to share it, please let me know.

I already have data from many of you, but if we haven't connected yet, I'd truly appreciate any info.

Thanks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Retired LRRS/CCS EX #212 | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Dainese USA |

Re: Call for QStarz Crashers....

lou i might have one or two crashes using the lap timer but my laptop is all fucked up and wont connect on the internet, dont know how to send em to you? can i burn it to cd?>

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    lou i might have one or two crashes using the lap timer but my laptop is all fucked up and wont connect on the internet, dont know how to send em to you? can i burn it to cd?>
    Sweet, thanks Sav. A CD would be great. If you need any help exporting them let me know. Also, if you don't still have my address let me know.

You rock.

edit: I can paypal you for postage and the CD too. Also, if you have any associated video, that would be the cherry on top.

Last edited by loudog; 10-22-12 at 11:48 AM.

Bummer! We had the Qstarz 10hz on JRO this weekend when she crashed at Chuckwalla but for some reason the data was junk and nothing came out of it. Doh!

I think I have some data from a low side I took coming out of 12 this year. I will have to hunt down the day/session. Shoot me a PM with the export format you want and where to send it.

I should say that this is the old(er) version of the logger, I bought it over 2 seasons ago, not sure if it logs all the data you need.

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    Bummer! We had the Qstarz 10hz on JRO this weekend when she crashed at Chuckwalla but for some reason the data was junk and nothing came out of it. Doh!
    Ahhhh...wicked bummer. Wonder what went wrong with the session, been working well otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheTank View Post
    I should say that this is the old(er) version of the logger, I bought it over 2 seasons ago, not sure if it logs all the data you need.
    Sweet! I'll send you a PM. Data from the older version is good. 5Hz is plenty for what I'm doing with it. Thanks.