Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

cam chain tensioner

cam chain tensioner

Ok so its almost time to start putting my bike back together and all the crap i got over the winter. it is a 2003 kawasaki 636. Last season i had the kawi klunk going on and most of what i read up on pointed to the cam chain tensioner. attempted adjusting the stock one with NO LUCK. went ahead and bought an APE manual one. anyone have any experience with install / adjusting these.??

Obv its easy to install, put it in (thats what she said) and tighten the bolts. I guess I would just like someone with better knowledge then me. I am located in norwood right outside the center so if anyone would want to lend a hand it would be much appreciated.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I can help. Shoot me a PM.

Re: cam chain tensioner

i need to get an APE, how much did you pay for yours and where'd yah get it? did you confirm it was the CCT? I'm actually tearing mine down for a valve adjust right now, how many miles are on yours?

*edit*
    Oh and I don't think i'd be of any help but from what i read on the install it seemed pretty straight forward, 2 8mm bolts tightened and then hand tighten the center bolt and back it out. Dunno how far out though but let me know how it goes and if there are any complications!

Last edited by FZR; 02-22-12 at 11:34 PM.