Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

can you say F*K?

NESR ruined my life. chr|s sedition's Avatar

can you say F*K?

Ugh. i hate tickets. albeit, i havn't had one it quite some time. Kham, go ahead a bitch. I'm with you.

-sedition

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Up front there ought to be a man in black." -John Cash

LISTEN TO SLAYER
    If I get another fuckin' bike stolen...

can you say F*K?

Originally posted by chr|s sedition
    Ugh. i hate tickets. albeit, i havn't had one it quite some time.
    -sedition
    Perhaps because your bike has been out of commission

Littering and........

can you say F*K?

Originally posted by Kham
    you're not allow to piss and moan because it's a fact of life? i don't get it. some guy lost a child to a rapist because of the "the fact of life", thelaw, and they're not allow to piss? im not comparing my ticket situation but i just dont get what you mean.
    Yes Kham, rapists and speeders have lots in common.

Me thinks its officially time for an update to my ignore list.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

can you say F*K?

He did say that he was not trying to say his situation was like one of a rape...I kinda get the point he's trying to make tho.

Originally posted by highsider
    Yes Kham, rapists and speeders have lots in common.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

I Dance With Will

can you say F*K?

people think they'r so smart.

the point is not about rapist. it's about what you said "the way of life" and should not be question. i mean im not looking to change any law but shouldn't you allow to question something?

go ahead put me in your ignore list.

"fuckit!"

can you say F*K?

Originally posted by FireNutzRR
    I've been riding since 2001 and I have received one ticket and it was justified. Why would one want to piss and moan about getting slapped in the head for willfully violating the law is beyond me.

Wayne-o
    before you jump to conclusions about me i should tell you that i paid the ticket the statey gave me. he caught me speeding fair and square. the other tickets were bullshit, so i have every right to bitch about it. just to set the record straight, prior to my most recent tickets, i was not stopped for any moving violation for over five years, car or bike. i firmly beleive if a cop sees a bike and a car speeding he will go after the bike. whats up with that?

Tony
    '02 954RR

Things that make you go hmmmm

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

can you say F*K?

There's a calm surrender to the rush of day
    When the heat of the rolling world can be turned away
    An enchanted moment, and it sees me through
    It's enough for this restless warrior just to be with you

And can you feel the love tonight
    It is where we are
    It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
    That we got this far
    And can you feel the love tonight
    How it's laid to rest
    It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
    Believe the very best

There's a time for everyone if they only learn
    That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn
    There's a rhyme and reason to the wild outdoors
    When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours

Bras cause cancer.

can you say F*K?

If your looking for simpathy your in the wrong place.
    You got caught speeding, deal with it.
    If you think you have a chance loose a days pay and try to fight it, you may at least get the fine reduced. Don't count on it though.

Only other thing to use to help you case would be to prove the radar gun used ( If used? ) was not calibrated within the past month. That may or may not get you out of it completely either. If it was clocked, or estimated your only hope is to get the ticket reduced, or hope the cop doesn't show up to the second hearing after you appeal the ticket at your first hearing...

If you speed eventually your going to have to pay the price..... Don't cry about it because nobody wants to listen to it. We have all been there, and 99% of the time deserved it......

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

I Dance With Will

can you say F*K?

Mike, Shutup! :

im not lookign for any sympathy. there isn't much sympathy around these days. is there or is there not a difference between getting little pissed and crying about it?

do you or don't you know how to beat a speeding ticket?

for others, if you'r gonna repeat "don't cry about it" please just add me to your ignore list.

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

can you say F*K?

Originally posted by highsider
    i thought i was on his ignore list long ago. pussy! oops! he won't hear me anyway. :

"fuckit!"

can you say F*K?

wow....drama

I gotta go make coffee for this....

MSF RiderCoach
    MSF Dirt Bike School Coach

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    #5 Hangout w/Jaynnus................
    she rides like the wind
    & smells good too.
    PKism: you don't count, you're just a guy with indoor plumbing

I Dance With Will

can you say F*K?

Originally posted by Jaynnus
    wow....drama

I gotta go make coffee for this....
    could you make me one while you're at it?

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

can you say F*K?

hey folks, just forget about. forget i mention it if anyone still hasn't put me on the ignore list.

those curves sure is fun but damn! it's getting expensive for me.

"fuckit!"

Lifer

can you say F*K?

Kham you definitely need to work on your speeding strategy. There are ways to play the game without getting caught nearly as often as you seem to be.

The radar detector is also a big tradeoff... you are less likely to get caught with it. BUT you are more likely to ride fast, and if you get caught you are NOT getting a warning with a radar detector, as you found out. "You have a radar detector so you must speed a lot."

Every time in the last 6 years I've gotten pulled over in the car, I had a radar detector, but I tossed it under the seat before I pulled over, the cop never saw it or suspected a thing. That is impossible on the bike. I got a bunch of tickets in 1999-2001 but since then I haven't gotten nabbed in the car.

I still haven't gotten pulled over on my bike with my radar detector. I've been pulled over 6 times on motorcycles, all since 2001. 5 times I was clearly in the wrong and speeding and got off on a warning by being polite. The 6th time was utter BS, the cop had nothing on me, and gave me a verbal warning, he just felt like picking on a biker. But I am sure if I'd been carrying my detector all that time I'd have 3-4 tickets by now.

Find another way to enjoy that bike, maybe it is hard since that bike is so fast. Go on longer rides where you get out to the middle of nowhere, don't ever speed where anyone can see you, etc... (I always slow down unless NO cagers can see me, not just cops)

e.x. when I ride to work nowdays I keep it 5-10 over, never really go much faster then the cops. (edit: cars! I never go faster then anyone if I see a cop!) Then I will bust it out around an onramp or something where I know my chances of running into a speed trap are next to nil.

Last edited by benVFR; 09-12-05 at 01:59 PM.

I Dance With Will

can you say F*K?

im 100% sure the detector did went off earlier right up to when i spotted him. as i said, i just forgot i had the earpiece off and i would never guess in a million yrs there would be a cop sitting right around that curve. i think he hits you right when you went by him. i don't know how narrow the angle is.

yea work on strategy. lesson is ya can't let your guard down at all time.

scratch this.

"fuckit!"

Lifer

can you say F*K?

Kham.. the rule is the cop can give you a ticket ANY time you are over the posted limit.

If the limit is not posted, he can give you a ticket based on the presumed speed limit for the type of road.

He can also give you a ticket for going LESS then the speed limit if he decides road conditions are not safe for the speed limit. E.x. 35mph limit, it is snowing, you are going 35mph, he can say you were driving an unsafe speed.

So yah, 15 over a posted limit is ALWAYS speeding and likely to get you a ticket. Massachusetts may be fucked up with traffic moving 15-20mph over the speed limit on the highways all the time but the cop can still give you a ticket for 70 in a 65 when all the cars are passing you at 85mph. BS but it is perfectly fine for him to do it.

I Dance With Will

can you say F*K?

gotcha Ben. i know. i did get with the program yes. im just unlucky. could be worse. i could die. i think i'll get out of riding while i can.

"fuckit!"

can you say F*K?

I think you have the right to bitch and moan all you want about any ticket you get whether you were speeding or not (within reason as long as you were driving safely and reasonably). Almost all traffic citations are a load of BS aimed purely at increasing revenues and have little to NOTHING to do with increasing safety on the roads. Its not so ironic that as most states have been increasing their speed limits lately (Texas leading at 80mph on highways, and 12 states at 75mph) the number of major accidents and fatalities continues to decrease. 2004 had the lowest number ever on record. The majority of posted limits have no basis behind them related to safe and reasonable speeds and most studies done to set limits are very outdated in reference to today's vehicles. I could go on forever...and often do but I think you get my point. If not try reading some specific info at: www.motorists.org they have great info on speedlimits, stop light cameras, and defense stretegies. and even a MA Chapeter that rocks!

dude, you have my full sympathy....though even I wouldn't speed through Stowe LOL...

dave w

I Dance With Will

can you say F*K?

thanks Davw, it's not necessary though. i kind of knew the opinions of some of the NESR b/c this is second time i post about it. it's not surprising really. i'll learn to not post about speeding ticket eventually.

i felt like a little kid coming home to daddy after he screw something up. it's like ok, im ready. give it to me.

so any tips on getting out of this? im not good at deciphering language of laws. in the Speeding section there are 2 check box, 90/17 and 90/18. 90/18 is check off.

peace yo!

"fuckit!"

can you say F*K?

Originally posted by Kham
    hey all, what's the top speed you've done so far on your bike?
    I once got up to 65 mph but that was on the highway

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

I Dance With Will

can you say F*K?

Originally posted by dhuze
    I once got up to 65 mph but that was on the highway
    did you really grandpa?

"fuckit!"

can you say F*K?

kham September12th, 2005 04:29 PM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]
    What did you say?

Yamaha

I Dance With Will

can you say F*K?

haha... that's very funny Mark. :

i said you're a fuckin pussy! :

PM? i haven't PM anyone in awhile. how's that work?

"fuckit!"

can you say F*K?

Originally posted by davew
    I think you have the right to bitch and moan all you want about any ticket you get whether you were speeding or not (within reason as long as you were driving safely and reasonably). Almost all traffic citations are a load of BS aimed purely at increasing revenues and have little to NOTHING to do with increasing safety on the roads. Its not so ironic that as most states have been increasing their speed limits lately (Texas leading at 80mph on highways, and 12 states at 75mph) the number of major accidents and fatalities continues to decrease. 2004 had the lowest number ever on record. The majority of posted limits have no basis behind them related to safe and reasonable speeds and most studies done to set limits are very outdated in reference to today's vehicles. I could go on forever...and often do but I think you get my point. If not try reading some specific info at: www.motorists.org they have great info on speedlimits, stop light cameras, and defense stretegies. and even a MA Chapeter that rocks!

dude, you have my full sympathy....though even I wouldn't speed through Stowe LOL...

dave w
    Bottom line is, whether you agree with the laws or not, you broke them. You have no right to complain about getting ticketed for breaking the law, if in fact you were. Go to your local reps and complain about the law if you think you have a case

can you say F*K?

i do complain through the political process via NMA and the link I posted and directly. But I also drive at safe and reasonable speeds, sometimes get tickets as a result, bitch and moan, and then fight them in court. I consider myself a very safe driver and the stae does too. I'm a step 9 driver.

I have a right to complain about anything I disagree with. You can say the officer is "just doing his job" by enforcing the law. BUT his job is not to be a tax collecter it is to protect us from harm and stop unsafe behavior. When they set up speed traps in places that they know people habitually speed...ie where the speed limit is set below the actual median traffic speed as it is supposed to be set by law...simply because they know they will easily write a lot of tickets there and it has NOTHING to do with making the roads safe, I disagree and I complain. People don't mind doing as you suggest, and paying the fine for doing the crime, when the crime is fairly defined. If I was driving in an unsafe way and got caught, so be it. But when the limits are not rightfully defined and arbirtraily enforced...its a different story. 45mph on the Mass pike extension is a great example. it is clearly unsafe to drive 45mph on that segement of road. yet enforcement is pretty heavy. Why? beecause its easy and makes lots of money. I have seen people be stopped for pretty rediculous speeds in the 60's. Should they bitch?...Oh YES indeed. should they fight it? For sure. Especially since there has been no engineering study done on this road and the set limit is abitrary and capricious (and therfore illegal). or should they all just say, opppps I was going over 45 I should just accept the consequences??? Try driving 45mph through there sometime...I garauntee it will scare the daylights out of you, if you even make it to the end.

dave w

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast