Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Counter Balance Cycles

Counter Balance Cycles

https://counterbalancecycles.com/

Anyone use this know of have used this guy? He makes custom seats and is out of Providence RI. Everything I've heard about him has been excellent. I've sent him and email regarding a seat for my Harley. Hopefully he can make what I'm looking for.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    James

Hypertarded

Re: Counter Balance Cycles

no info on the seats, but i'm ordering one of those moroccan red leather stash bags and one of those sweet Butt Stuff Tshirts.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

rides bikes

He made a seat for me a while ago. Absolutely excellent quality, and he did a great job of transferring my description into a physical product. He totally missed his quoted lead time by months due to a series of family emergencies and things beyond his control, but I think this was a fluke given his reputation. I do recall him posting a few years ago that he had to stop taking orders because he was booked for like 6 months or something, so you may want to check on his bandwidth before you send him a seat. I have several friends who have used him for chopper seats as well...I'd recommend him!

Dropped off my bike yesterday. He was thinking it would be done in a few weeks. He is going to have me come back down to his place when the pan is made and has the foam on it to be sure thats what I want.

James

Keep this updated if you would. I'd like a tracker style seat for my bonneville. His prices seem reasonable and he's local.

I sent him a seat pan for my Sportster in December and he had the upholstered seat back to me in two weeks. Great guy, and quality workmanship.

Got an update today. Things are moving along about as fast as I expected which works good for me since my garage is currently full. Templates are getting done and then the steel starts being shaped.

Counter Balance Cycles-img_1310-jpgCounter Balance Cycles-img_1309-jpg

James

Another update set. Seat is starting to take shape now.

Counter Balance Cycles-img_1343-jpg

James

Now we are really getting somewhere. I need to decide on what style I want the cover to be. Either the diamond stitch pattern my current seat has which I like or a tuck and roll pattern.Counter Balance Cycles-img_1348-jpgCounter Balance Cycles-img_1351-jpgCounter Balance Cycles-img_1352-jpg

James

Seat is done. Headed to pick it up soon but here is the photo Wes sent me.

Counter Balance Cycles-img_1390-jpg

James

Picked up my seat today from Wes at Counter Balance Cycles. Glad I stayed home from work as it was a nice surprise. In the photos is my older setup which I wasn't unhappy with but it wasn't what my end goal was. Took me a while to find someone close by that could build what I wanted. Overall the experience was great. Started off slow but once the wheels got turning things moved pretty quick. This is a ground up build and my goal was to have everything by riding season. Goals met.

Counter Balance Cycles-20240314_113225-jpgCounter Balance Cycles-20240314_115006-jpgCounter Balance Cycles-20240314_115018-jpgCounter Balance Cycles-20240314_115035-jpg

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    James

Looks way better than the multiple cushions. Good imagination on getting that done and good choice on the diamond stitching too. My friend just got his seat done and the diamond stitching looks nice.

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Picked up my seat today from Wes at Counter Balance Cycles. Glad I stayed home from work as it was a nice surprise. In the photos is my older setup which I wasn't unhappy with but it wasn't what my end goal was. Took me a while to find someone close by that could build what I wanted. Overall the experience was great. Started off slow but once the wheels got turning things moved pretty quick. This is a ground up build and my goal was to have everything by riding season. Goals met.

Counter Balance Cycles-20240314_113225-jpgCounter Balance Cycles-20240314_115006-jpgCounter Balance Cycles-20240314_115018-jpgCounter Balance Cycles-20240314_115035-jpg
    Looks wild! What else are you doing to the bike?

Quote Originally Posted by nick5446 View Post
    Looks wild! What else are you doing to the bike?
    Probably nothing else. There are some things I'd like to do but it is hard finding what I want and I dont see the value in doing them at the moment. I just need to ride it more.

James