Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Crashing at the track vs insurance?

Re: Crashing at the track vs insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by BostonSVkid View Post
    Most companies will NOT give you uninsured unless you have collision. I will never own a bike without collision ever again.

Yeah that's what I heard. So does that mean you might know of one that is not part of the "most" that might actually offer uninsured without collision?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned

You cannot salvage a bike twice. The insurance company will only pay out 50% of any claim as it's a salvage title.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    You cannot salvage a bike twice. The insurance company will only pay out 50% of any claim as it's a salvage title.
    That's it. Now I remember being told this a long time ago. Hey, it's no big deal...everything is fixable on the bike, there is really no big damages to it and is NOTHING compared to many other crashes we've seen at the track. I'm not complaining, just looking at my options is all. I went to the track, crashed....I knew the risks. I'm a-OK with that.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Well, my rim incident we well over 50% of its value and they paid it all and the title is still clean.

Value = $4200
    They paid = $2400.30 ($1900.40 after deductable)

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

surf on ebay or other ex500 sites for replacement parts. every now and then you'll find a good deal. you could even sell off your old rashed up parts that way too and make most (or sometimes break even/more) of your money back. might even want to make a parts bin for future track days.

in your down time... put the bike back together. you'll gain a whole new respect for yourself & your bike.

twisties, check out ebay for parts. i just bought a left and right fairing for $75 each (shipped). if you're patient, you'll find some great deals.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
    Yes they paid me for the entire repair estimate and also reimbursed me for the cost of a new helmet.

Haven't gotten a new bill yet so I don't know about increase in premiums. However I have a perfect record and various safe rider/driver discounts so even if it goes up a bit I'll still be paying a good price.

edit: bike was not totaled or salvaged or anything, title is still clean.
    not sure about State Farm, but I know Commerce treats an auto and motorcycle policy different. they dont care if my auto record is perfect, and put me in a neutral step when i insured my bike a year ago. they said i wont be considered a "safe" rider on my motorcycle policy until i have 5 good years on my record.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

State Farm will tell you exactly how much your premiums will bump if you make X claim. Or, at least my rep did. : )

beige camry attack mojobreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DBConz View Post
    not sure about State Farm, but I know Commerce treats an auto and motorcycle policy different. they dont care if my auto record is perfect, and put me in a neutral step when i insured my bike a year ago. they said i wont be considered a "safe" rider on my motorcycle policy until i have 5 good years on my record.
    Technically a bit off topic here, but I found out the same thing recently. Got my motorcycle license this year, and began insuring a bike through Commerce. Even though I'm a Step 9 (cage) with many years of safe driving, when I got the (very high) quote back from my agent for my bike insurance, they informed me that since I was technically a "new driver" as far as motorcycles go, I will have to wait several (accident-free on a motorcycle) years before I would qualify for any decent discounts. Really ticked me off, but I guess it makes sense.

no bikes currently

insurance fraud is a big nono. The kid fucks with you alot V but this time I think he's right.... Take the lick get it fixed or fixed just so you can ride it.
    Save your $ get a new street bike this one could be your track bike..

Quote Originally Posted by MVOUS View Post
    dumb idea to try and get around it. If they are smart they will see that you were injured and picked up from NHMS. insurance fraud.....do no pass go do not collect 200 dollars. if you cant afford it you shouldnt be tossing the bike around a track

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

[QUOTE=beet;598905]The kid fucks with you alot V QUOTE]

Too bad I never felt anything.

Ok, I talked to my ins. guy today. I think he's full of shit. He tells me it doesn't matter if my bike has already a salvage title, the insurance cie doesn't know that and they will pay what the bike is valued at...wait...what?? He also says that all I need to do is get an estimate from anyone (a friend who can repair the bike, a shop, whatever) and bring that to him. He will have an appraiser come take a look at the bike. They will decide if it's a loss, or if it's repairable. If it's a loss and they give me a check to pay for what it's "worth", I can buy the bike back for what is usually 10% of the value of the bike, and I keep the rest of the money to fix it. Keep in mind I have a $500 deductible. He also says that my helmet is not covered...that it would go under home owner insurance....

Errr....or something like that anyway.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

small pee pee[quote=MissTwisties;598919]
    Quote Originally Posted by beet View Post
    The kid fucks with you alot V QUOTE]

Too bad I never felt anything.

Ok, I talked to my ins. guy today. I think he's full of shit. He tells me it doesn't matter if my bike has already a salvage title, the insurance cie doesn't know that and they will pay what the bike is valued at...wait...what?? He also says that all I need to do is get an estimate from anyone (a friend who can repair the bike, a shop, whatever) and bring that to him. He will have an appraiser come take a look at the bike. They will decide if it's a loss, or if it's repairable. If it's a loss and they give me a check to pay for what it's "worth", I can buy the bike back for what is usually 10% of the value of the bike, and I keep the rest of the money to fix it. Keep in mind I have a $500 deductible. He also says that my helmet is not covered...that it would go under home owner insurance....

Errr....or something like that anyway.

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Just fix it V. They've been using the same parts for your bike for the past 20 years, I'm sure it won't be hard to find what you need on the cheap.

Friends don't let friends wave to Can Ams

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

What did he say about your rates going up? If he said they wouldnt he is lying.

2006 Ducati Monster S2R800

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12