Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Cunts are out for revenue collection.

Re: Cunts are out for revenue collection.

Quote Originally Posted by pontifex View Post
    if that's a picture of your wife then I see why she got off
    My wife is attractive (she's actually in the Scrren Actor's Guild) but that is famously pneumatic Brit actress Helen Flanagan.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I just got pulled over yesterday. 40-45 in a 30.

cop stands in the road in front of me.
    I pull over as quick as safely possible, put the window down and shut the car off.
    Officer says I was going fast, 40 something in a 30.
    I said sorry I did not realize I was driving someone elses car.
    he asked for my license.
    as I feel in my pocket, I realize I left it in my toolbox. "Shit, I don't have it. I forgot it in my tool box."
    he asked for my name, address(turns out he was a cop in my town for 20years), SS etc. At this point I realize I still had my sunglasses on and I took them off.
    He ask who the car belonged to, "brother in laws girlfriend", I'm amazed I remembered her last name.
    He asked how my record was and I said "clean". like, 8 years clean.
    He told me if that was try he would only be giving me a warning.
    He did not even give me a written warning, he didn't even make it past he rear bumper to let me know I was all set. He just said "You're all set Tim, have a good day and watch your speed."
    Me"ok, thanks. You too."
    I gave him no paperwork and was in someone else car but I was polite. Maybe its because I treated him like a person or maybe it was that my Purple Heart plate shows up when they run my license. who knows.

I do know that when I had to search cars, it was a nervous time from walking up to a car until you knew it was safe. The sooner I felt safe the better it was going to go for everyone. I try to let them know I'm not looking to do anything dumb and they can relax.

Tim
    LRRS #44
    Superbike Services 44

Last ticket I had was in Bedford, MA. The cop was hiding in a spot where the speed is reduced from 40 to 25 in a short space. It was noonish and I was doing no more than 40 and was slowing my SUV full of kids and (at the time, but now ex) wife, but apparently not fast enough. He stood in the street and pointed his speed gun at me and I pulled over immediately. I was polite, hands at 10 and 2. Cop was calm and explained everything and said he would have given a warning except Duval Patrick stiffened the penalties for more than 10 over the limit. He only gave me 10 over despite me being 15ish over but pointed out Duval's additional $50 hit for the brain injury trust.

I have plenty of LEO friends and know they are no fans of Duval. I paid the price for this particular cop's political agenda.

Last year a Mass statie pulled me over on 112 it was going North on the big hill out of the reservoir section and I was probably doing 80

I am sure he did NOT have any of his speed equipment on or pointed at me, believed he pulled on from a side road

Wasn,t a dick and let me go with a warning but said I am now in some Mass database as a something

I do enjoy when I pop off my hat and I look like Grandpa, the mood shifts

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Lifer

No doubt about it, the salt and pepper hiding under the Arai on my VFR helps. I always ask if I can remove my helmet and dismount the bike. I leave the license and registration locked in a side bag on purpose so that I have to get off the bike.

Old and polite can't hurt.

I've always taken off my helmet far before the cop ever approaches. They seem to like that. "Now I know you aren't gunna run, thanks for doing that"

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

"You're not letting me go just because I'm old, are you?" - DucDave to Alstead LEO, with witnesses (and accomplice is another term for witness)

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

DucDave is a smoooooooth mo-fo when he wants to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    "You're not letting me go just because I'm old, are you?" - DucDave to Alstead LEO, with witnesses (and accomplice is another term for witness)
    How did that work for hom? I try to avoid roadside conversations but one never knows.

A friend of mine back in college used to date a very hot but very chaste girl who went to Smith. They were driving out there for a party when she got pulled over going like a bat out of hell in her father's Benz. She pulled over, then took both hands to pull her LBD and bra out and down so that the officer was presented with batting eyes and impressive cleavage. No ticket, verbal warning. But my friend never got his hands on them.

If you drive 290/495/rt9 MA police is everywhere! Just to give people tickets. It is revenue time for sure. Drive as slow as possible they are legit ticketing every chance they get

Worked fine. The LEO laughed and got really friendly after that.

Indicated that he owned a bike too. For all of us to be careful, as just up the road there was construction and there's gravel all across the roadway where they are putting in new utilities. Slow it down and have a nice day.

Charles S Dutton at his finest. Loved that episode.

Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    Worked fine. The LEO laughed and got really friendly after that.

Indicated that he owned a bike too. For all of us to be careful, as just up the road there was construction and there's gravel all across the roadway where they are putting in new utilities. Slow it down and have a nice day.
    It was entertaining to say the least. Hey, we were just Dave's ducklings following along.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

My lesson learned from that ride: Always let Dave to the talking!

I've had one good stop. Local in southern RI. One of those bad days at work, going on vacation to NH the next morning. Water pressure in the house goes low around 11pm. I go to the tank and the filter is pretty dirty and no spare filter. I start my car and one headlight is out - now i need 2 things at the store. I had to 24 hour walmart and the plumbing department looks like it had been pillaged. They were re-doing it and the limited night crew didn't know where they were. I get the bulb and put it on the front seat of my car. Drive to the next 24 hour walmart - guess what, same plumbing dept situation. Not a filter in site. Heading home on some nice twisty hilly roads. The kind where the suspension on a bike gets light when you crest them. The kind that when the suspension gets fully extended in a car you know you are going pretty quick. With my high beams on around 12:30 or so in the weekday morning I zip over a hill and another set of lights is coming. Then the blue lights on the roof turn over. I pull over put my interior lights on , shut off the car. Hands on the wheel. He asks hows it going. I tell him bad day at work, packing for a trip, no water, been to to walmarts no water filters, and I had a headlight bulb burn out and show him the new bulb on the seat. He looks at my license and reg and says I really wasn't going too fast and to have a good trip, hands me my stuff back and leaves.

Now I've probably jinxed myself for the next time.

2013 ZX6R-636

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    If you drive 290/495/rt9 MA police is everywhere! Just to give people tickets. It is revenue time for sure. Drive as slow as possible they are legit ticketing every chance they get
    those assholes (people not cops) that do 25 in a 50 (by Walmart heading west) piss me the fuck off. there is no reason to half the speed limit when there's nothing to slow you down.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

i got pulled over a month or so ago..conversation went a little like this:

Officer- so...whats up with riding on the sidewalk?
    Me- *shugs idk*
    O-ya...thats pretty much the answer i expected. you got license and reg for this thing
    M-yup. here you go. i dont have any GOOD reason for it
    O-ok, then whats the BAD reason?
    M-ummm....i just wanted to jump off the lip over there.
    O-uh huh
    M-the bike made me do it
    O-*odd look*
    M-was i speeding?
    O *chuckles*idk, i wasnt running radar. ill be right bak
    *****many many many many minutes later (thought for sure i was toast)*****
    O-ok...i went though a whole bunch of RSAs and i cant seem to find the right one for driving on the sidewalk
    M-ok
    O-but when i find it...youre getting a warning. i think its some sort of lane violation or something
    M-*chuckle*
    O-*shakes head kinda smirking and hands me back my info* do me a favor and stay off the sidewalk in town
    M-sure thing man. thanks.
    O-have a good day
    M-you too, be safe
    O-you too.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

It is been a very long time since I last got pulled over. But I did learn my lesson that one time. Funny thing is that they always asked me the "do you know why I pulled you over".

You would be foolish to think that he is really interested in your story when he asks you that question. What he is interested in is a confession.

Sorry, for your experience Degs. Hope you win your appeal.

Last edited by Eddie; 05-30-13 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    those assholes (people not cops) that do 25 in a 50 (by Walmart heading west) piss me the fuck off. there is no reason to half the speed limit when there's nothing to slow you down.
    Or you are on 95south where the speed limit is 65mph. A cop pulls over someone on the northbound side and everyone on the southbound side slows to like 45mph? Why? To see someone get a ticket? Becuase they think they have to? I don't get that at all.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2013 ZX6R-636

This one time, at band camp, I got pulled over for going 62 in a 65.....and we all got our pitchforks, and then...

Isn't only speeding, guy at work got a parking ticket parked in front of his house with the permit tag in the front window. He called and said he had a permit to park, the person on the phone said "obviously the officer didn't see it so you have to pay the fine." Guy here says, look up the name, I have two parking permits. "Sorry, you have to pay the fine." There was no sensible reasoning behind it, nor common sense applied. Just pay your fine and move on. "To Serve and Collect"

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    Isn't only speeding, guy at work got a parking ticket parked in front of his house with the permit tag in the front window. He called and said he had a permit to park, the person on the phone said "obviously the officer didn't see it so you have to pay the fine." Guy here says, look up the name, I have two parking permits. "Sorry, you have to pay the fine." There was no sensible reasoning behind it, nor common sense applied. Just pay your fine and move on. "To Serve and Collect"
    Worcester?

Little known fact - you can appeal Boston parking tickets by mail, and they almost always drop them if you do so.

When I lived downtown I got a ticket for parking with 5ft of a driveway. My driveway of were I lived and the car was registered. I appealed it and LOST!

Exact same shit in lowell, and to fight it takes 2 visits to city hall which isn't worth it.