Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 139

GSXR sites make me cry...

  1. #1
    a little crazy... 978chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    434

    GSXR sites make me cry...


    ...like a little girl. Why do they attract such vast amounts of stupid?

    Example:

    Hey guys and gals. Im new to this forum. Anyways, I just traded my 2006Hayabusa for a 2007 GSXR 1000 a few days ago. I had the dealership install a Jardine GP1 pipes. It is really loud and looks cool. I was advised to put the baffles in the pipes to prevent possible valve damage. Is this true? Will the valves be damaged if I didnt install the baffles.
    Don't worry about damage. Back in the day when Motors weren't bullet proof it wasn't a good thing, but motors are made diff now and unless you CUT your exhaust 3 inch from motor I woudn't worry about it.. I know plenty of people that RUN pipe with no baffle...many manufacture have pipe that are made that way..
    Thanks for the reply. After all, if you look at a 2007 GSXR 1000 there is a small box underneath where the headers are connected to. From the box, then connected to the tail pipes. I would assume that the box is there to regulate the back pressure. Do you think that's right?
    That box should be your Cadilic converter and yes that would help with some of the back pressure but when you get a FULL exhaust that is removed..so again don't worry about running straight pipe...
    holy shit people.... just put the keys down and back away from the bike.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2007 GSX-R600
    1997 ZX-9R (sold)
    1979 RD400F Daytona Special (sold - i know, i know)
    Had at one point or another for off-road: KX125, Four-trax 250R, 250 3wheeler, XR250, XR400

  2. #2
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,618

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    Never frequented a GSXR site... thank god.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  3. #3
    Another Busa Riding Troll CAT3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pueblo West, CO
    Posts
    110

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    Every brand has a douchecanoe or a crew of them. Even the Busa's have their dumbass' that we hang our heads in shame and walk away from.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Big CAT rides the fastest bird!

    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  4. #4
    a little crazy... 978chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    434

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Never frequented a GSXR site... thank god.
    they are physically painful to look at.

    btw, "douchecanoe" is my new favorite word.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2007 GSX-R600
    1997 ZX-9R (sold)
    1979 RD400F Daytona Special (sold - i know, i know)
    Had at one point or another for off-road: KX125, Four-trax 250R, 250 3wheeler, XR250, XR400

  5. #5
    Unsafe At Any Speeds Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    :lurk:
    Posts
    12,104

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    usually the 1st question on the GSXR websites is how to make it faster?
    I enjoy the repsonses: wear flip flops, shorts, tank top, and no helmet to decrease weight.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Unsafe At Any Speeds Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    :lurk:
    Posts
    12,104

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    this was my favorite one:

    Ok so this morning about a 1/4 to 8 I'm riding on the bay bridge with 3 other sport bike (neither of whom i know ) when all the sudden my bike dies. I was doin somewhere between 100 and 110 and it cuts off without warning fi light comes on. It wouldn't start for about 15- 20 seconds the fi light still on for another 30 then it went out and no problems since. Ive seen some threads about this and never really paid attention so those of you who have been thru this wtf is going on? Bike has 3500 miles on it and this is the first problem I've had. And right on to the 3 other bikers who slowed down and damn near stopped to see what was up with me i noticed all 2 were gixxers so who knows if there on this site but good lookin out
    Don't worry, nothing is wrong with your bike. Your bike is doing exactly what it was supposed to do.

    Beginning in 2006, Suzuki incorperated a Squid Tracking Unit and Possible Idiot Driver Assessment program into the ECU. It calculates your inputs over the course of 3-4000 miles and then limits the bike's output based on that assessment.

    Just look in your manual under STUPID ASS and you will see that your bike cut off because you are no where near talented enough to be driving those speeds.

    The other guys on Gixxers had no problems with their bikes...that should tell you something.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7
    a little crazy... 978chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    434

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    yeah DB i've read that one before too...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2007 GSX-R600
    1997 ZX-9R (sold)
    1979 RD400F Daytona Special (sold - i know, i know)
    Had at one point or another for off-road: KX125, Four-trax 250R, 250 3wheeler, XR250, XR400

  8. #8
    Winter sucks Nate Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Providence
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,550

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    Quote Originally Posted by CAT3 View Post
    Every brand has a douchecanoe or a crew of them. Even the Busa's have their dumbass' that we hang our heads in shame and walk away from.
    what a dumbass!!!!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    08 Ape RSV1000R
    09 Ram 1500 Black Big Horn
    10 Mini Cooper S sleeper (hers)

  9. #9
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,173

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    Search for the thread on sportbikes.net that I started... there's some classic quotes in there

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  10. #10
    Another Busa Riding Troll CAT3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pueblo West, CO
    Posts
    110

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    Quote Originally Posted by Triumphdog View Post
    what a dumbass!!!!

    Hey now... was that necessary?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Big CAT rides the fastest bird!

    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  11. #11
    Lifer Jayspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Medford, MA.
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,169

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    Quote Originally Posted by DBConz View Post
    this was my favorite one:
    Thats fucking awsome.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Lifer Currently's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ooltewah, TN
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,984

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    Quote Originally Posted by CAT3 View Post
    Hey now... was that necessary?

    Not only necessary, but mandatory!

    You have been here long enough to know that!



    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Junior Member ScooterRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Age
    70
    Posts
    28

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    We have all seen guys posting up information that was clearly inaccurate. Some, like the posts mentioned in this thread is no doubt entertaining. What makes it entertaining is the guy posting believes it!

    I've bummed around on lots of these bike sites for fun and entertainment and it appears they all are the same when it comes to the quality of talent and intellectual ability of the people that seem to gather. For every wise one there seems to be a sea of self proclaimed experts! This site is no exception. I think it's just human nature that makes everyone an expert.

    I know some brilliant people who know motorcycles inside and out. You'll find none of them hanging out on these sites.

    If you will notice, every site you go to you'll find two things that automaticly create an "Expert"! One is a number plate! Once a guy has a number plate, even if it's a novice plate, it instantly makes him an expert. The other seems to be the guy who has successfully completed three track days without crashing. Now he is an expert as well. And we must not leave out the guy whose been riding his Bandit on the streets for ten years and never crashed. There are a few of these as well. They all make you giggle and some of them actually just irritate the shit out of you!

    Then you have the crew that clique together (Every site has them and they are all experts) to form a gang who pounce on any potential prey who may come aboard and post up a question or statement they think is silly or possibly questions their knowledge or ablilty to ramain upright for a complete lap. Once one of the clique leaps in to start the flaming and name calling the rest are soon to follow. Reminds me of a pack of hyenas in a feeding frenzy.

    Bottom line is, don't expect to find any of Einstein's direct relatives to entertain you when you visit any biker site!

    I think there should be a Warning like the ones on stunt video's posted on all biker sites "The information you get here is for entertainment purposes only"!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Just Registered KillBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern, NH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,735

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    Riders and people like that not only give a bad name to GSX-R owners but to motorcyclists in general.

    BMW............Here i come

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Lifer JohnnyV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westborough, MA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,182

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    Back when I had my GSXR I checked out a few forums before I chose one that seemed to be better than the rest. gixxer.com is basically full of a bunch of fucktards, and one look at the forum kept me from ever going back. I found that gsxr.com, while still having a few dickheads here and there was the best of them all. Just my .02

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Unsafe At Any Speeds Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    :lurk:
    Posts
    12,104

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    i use gixxer.com for some specific questions on my bike which helps me out sometimes, but i agree with all the boneheads on there

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Unsafe At Any Speeds Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    :lurk:
    Posts
    12,104

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    chris, did yu see this one yet?
    I want to lower/stretch my 2001 600 out. I already lowered it in the front alittle by dropping the tripple tree down some but I want to lower the rear also. I'm looking for the back tire to come FLUSH with the end of the tail. Not go past the tail like some are but to come flush with it. Can I gain this with just a drop or do I have to stretch it also? I saw these "swing arm extension" But I haven't herd any reviews on this yet, Are the an alternative to buying an actual swing arm or are they junk. Also can some one show me some pics of a lowered/stretch K1 with the tire not passing the tail

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,618

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterRash View Post
    We have all seen guys posting up information that was clearly inaccurate. Some, like the posts mentioned in this thread is no doubt entertaining. What makes it entertaining is the guy posting believes it!

    I've bummed around on lots of these bike sites for fun and entertainment and it appears they all are the same when it comes to the quality of talent and intellectual ability of the people that seem to gather. For every wise one there seems to be a sea of self proclaimed experts! This site is no exception. I think it's just human nature that makes everyone an expert.

    I know some brilliant people who know motorcycles inside and out. You'll find none of them hanging out on these sites.

    If you will notice, every site you go to you'll find two things that automaticly create an "Expert"! One is a number plate! Once a guy has a number plate, even if it's a novice plate, it instantly makes him an expert. The other seems to be the guy who has successfully completed three track days without crashing. Now he is an expert as well. And we must not leave out the guy whose been riding his Bandit on the streets for ten years and never crashed. There are a few of these as well. They all make you giggle and some of them actually just irritate the shit out of you!

    Then you have the crew that clique together (Every site has them and they are all experts) to form a gang who pounce on any potential prey who may come aboard and post up a question or statement they think is silly or possibly questions their knowledge or ablilty to ramain upright for a complete lap. Once one of the clique leaps in to start the flaming and name calling the rest are soon to follow. Reminds me of a pack of hyenas in a feeding frenzy.

    Bottom line is, don't expect to find any of Einstein's direct relatives to entertain you when you visit any biker site!

    I think there should be a Warning like the ones on stunt video's posted on all biker sites "The information you get here is for entertainment purposes only"!
    WOW.. that sounds very familiar... almost tongue in cheek... :poke

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  19. #19
    .... naked-daytrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    11 Wall Street New York, NY 10005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,664

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    Quote Originally Posted by 978chris View Post
    ...like a little girl. Why do they attract such vast amounts of stupid?

    Example:









    holy shit people.... just put the keys down and back away from the bike.


    Please please please....more...more ......MORE.....I need more!!!! Let me get my popcorn while you grab some more posts from the Gixxer board...oh god...is that shit great or what????/ I love it!!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  20. #20
    .... naked-daytrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    11 Wall Street New York, NY 10005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,664

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    Quote Originally Posted by Triumphdog View Post
    what a dumbass!!!!
    I love Nate.....

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Unsafe At Any Speeds Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    :lurk:
    Posts
    12,104

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    So I am attempting to take the seat off my 05 Gixxer how exactly is it done? I dont have a user manual!
    and if you guys dont beleive this one, click here

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  22. #22
    a little crazy... 978chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    434

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    "if you can't the seat off, it scares me to think WHAT exactly you plan on doing to the bike if you do get it off."


    haha

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2007 GSX-R600
    1997 ZX-9R (sold)
    1979 RD400F Daytona Special (sold - i know, i know)
    Had at one point or another for off-road: KX125, Four-trax 250R, 250 3wheeler, XR250, XR400

  23. #23
    Unsafe At Any Speeds Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    :lurk:
    Posts
    12,104

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    new one:
    OK i have a 92-93 GSXR 600 can anyone tellme what parts I can buy to make it faster more accel blah blah also any tips to make it easier to wheelie the bike would be welcome
    the title of the thread was "wonna make it faser"

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  24. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    Quote Originally Posted by DBConz View Post
    chris, did yu see this one yet?

    Quote:
    I want to lower/stretch my 2001 600 out. I already lowered it in the front alittle by dropping the tripple tree down some but I want to lower the rear also. I'm looking for the back tire to come FLUSH with the end of the tail. Not go past the tail like some are but to come flush with it. Can I gain this with just a drop or do I have to stretch it also? I saw these "swing arm extension" But I haven't herd any reviews on this yet, Are the an alternative to buying an actual swing arm or are they junk. Also can some one show me some pics of a lowered/stretch K1 with the tire not passing the tail
    there should be a test before people can buy bikes

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  25. #25
    Unsafe At Any Speeds Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    :lurk:
    Posts
    12,104

    GSXR sites make me cry...

    I've been riding for like a year and a half now and still haven't gotten my license yet
    just found this gem.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Online travel sites...
    By bigred875 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-31-05, 04:05 PM
  2. Want to make $100?
    By WOTEugene in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-05, 08:14 PM
  3. Good, yet affordable camping sites?
    By breakdirt916 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-05, 01:58 PM
  4. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-14-04, 03:17 PM
  5. Make like...
    By oreo_n2 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-02, 02:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •