Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm so glad there's no "resident cop" here

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by bigred875
    I hear ya...me too But the saftey thing is relative. Someone who knows how to drive/ride well and can handle their vehicle will be drive faster and more safely then someone who cannot drive/ride well. These people will not be safe at those speeds. It comes down to the drivers ability IMO, but there is no way to differentiate the 2.
    and nothing we can do about dick cops too. you still got nailed when you're being good. our lost.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

well, that sure got more of a response than I expected. Anyway, I think I should clarify my point a bit:

I know we have cops on this board. What we don't have, is some dorky copss who like to post puffed-up, indignant rants about the legality of speeding.

Secondly, not too many of you have met me, but I'm a very non-threatening guy. I'm very respectful to cops when I get busted, and usually if it's a little thing I get a warning. I know its a job, and I know if I play the game I come out ahead.

I don't hate all cops, as I said. My girlfriend used to be an ER nurse, and cops helped her out and saved her ass from nasty drunk assholes MANY times. I definitely appreciate the good that cops do.

Also, I think it's almost brain-dead retarded to tell me that because I was officially breaking the law I shouldn't be mad about a ticket. I shouldn't be surprised that I get ticketed, and I shouldn't claim that the cop is corrupt, but I can sure as hell be mad if I want. It is definitely within the officer's ability to not pull me over, or to give a warning, rather than costing me $$$ and bumping up my insurance, and when he chooses not to do that in a circumstance where it is an option, I'll be mad about it, thank you very much.

Also, most of the times I've been pulled over, the cop has been a pretty nice guy, but the few times that he's been a real prick really taint my opinion of LEOs in general. What can I say? Sorry?

Um, and, I kinda agree with MR.E, I think that traffic tickets arfe more about town and state income than real "law enforcement", but that's a WHOLE nother argument

Anyway, um, that's all I got right now.

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

Originally posted by katana0215

And saying speed limits have nothing to do with safety is pretty ignorant as far as Im concerned
    my SOLE argument against that is basically this:
    "if speed limits are solely about safety, then why do cops (on and off duty) speed with impugnity when their lights are off?"

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Originally posted by Mystery Squid
    OR,

Then why aren't all vehicles governed at 65?
    make it 75 for summa the interstate speed limits down south.

Originally posted by Kham
    so you think you got a discount? yay! did you tip this cop too?
    You're damn right I got a discount! Maybe you're not familiar with a 'MUST APPEAR' moving violation. It means you were going fast enough over the speed limit that there is no set monetary fine. It means you drive (in my case) to Concord, NH and go see a hearing officer. Not to plead your case, because you've been caught red-handed. You go to see what your penalty is gonna be. It can be a loss of license for up to 30 days; it can be a fine of up to $500; it can also be a mandatory SR-22 (state re-insurance) that would cost ME about $2K/year; it could mean having to take driver improvement classes, payable by ME. Yeah, I'd say $86 was the discounted rate...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Originally posted by Stoneman
    Yeah, I'd say $86 was the discounted rate...
    and i don't think the NH insurance setup is quite as draconian and screwed up as in MA... (right?)

so if it didn't bump his ins. rates automagically, then it really was a discount.

Originally posted by twrayinma
    and i don't think the NH insurance setup is quite as draconian and screwed up as in MA... (right?)

so if it didn't bump his ins. rates automagically, then it really was a discount.
    My rates won't go up with this one. Believe it or not, my last moving VIOLATION was in October '94. It'll have absolutely no effect on it. *IF* there were a rate increase, it'd be to the company that insures it anyway. I don't TECHNICALLY own it, the company does...

I Dance With Will

my joke is that 80% discount is not gonna do me any good for unnecessary bs. but one could never win to argue against the law.

anyway law is law rgith?

one way to beat it is not to do it. right? like . i got this one beat cause i dont smoke. or and drive. got that one beat too.

"fuckit!"

my SOLE argument against that is basically this:
    "if speed limits are solely about safety, then why do cops (on and off duty) speed with impugnity when their lights are off?"
    I think they are supposed to. It's so traffic doesn't stack up and cause undue risk.
    It may be another urban legend though.

I like it when they are going 10 over, I GOTS TO GET TO WORK!

Funny thing I've noticed about the speed laws; they don't really apply to rush hour.

In fact I know of one municipality that told the state to knock off the speeding tickets; we can't process all those!

Matt: yes, you indeed can be mad. I just don't want to alienate a LEO that may let myself, you, or another member here, off with a stiff warning.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Originally posted by Kham
    if you speed and trust that it's reasonably safe do you still want me to slap you in the face?

they should put those automatic ticketing system just for you. you go over 5 you're speeding no questions ask. right?
    What the hell does that have to do with what I said. YES I do speed occaisionally. No I dont drive wrecklessly. But if I do get caught speeding I cant complain about it. Its the law, I know the law, and I broke it. Try some accountablility. If you get written up for more than you did, or got written up for somehting you didnt do then fine, complain. Where you one of the guys last week doing 140 on the highway and thinking you shouldnt have gotten ticketed for it?

And as far as there being some dick cops, I know there are. There are dicks in every walk of life, not just cops

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by katana0215

And as far as there being some dick cops, I know there are. There are dicks in every walk of life, not just cops
    yea but we're talking aobut dick cops and tickets here. nevermind you're missing my point.

"fuckit!"

a little off subject

I am not going to get into the whole cop thing but i would like to say !!SCREW YOU!! about the comment you leave at the bottom of your message

""Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

I don't mind if you have an opinion about the track but don't call me and my freinds Punks! Considering the way you feel about the track it is no wonder your getting tickets on the road. DUDE you want to ride fast? Do you think your fast? Do a track day.

John Vaz

Re: a little off subject

Originally posted by TLRVaz
    I am not going to get into the whole cop thing but i would like to say !!SCREW YOU!! about the comment you leave at the bottom of your message

""Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

I don't mind if you have an opinion about the track but don't call me and my freinds Punks! Considering the way you feel about the track it is no wonder your getting tickets on the road. DUDE you want to ride fast? Do you think your fast? Do a track day.
    lol You are not fast until you've been on the track IMO. You can't ride a bike on the street like you can on the track. Well that's what I have heard anyways..I'll tell ya in a few months.

But I think he just likes that quote...ok carry on

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Everybody to the limit!

Re: Re: a little off subject

Originally posted by bigred875
    lol You are not fast until you've been on the track IMO. You can't ride a bike on the street like you can on the track. Well that's what I have heard anyways..I'll tell ya in a few months.

But I think he just likes that quote...ok carry on

The whole thing's kinda tongue in cheek

http://www.latexnet.org/~csmith/sausage.html

Little off subject

OK well I guess I read into it a little to Deap! Sorry. Cant we all just get along

John Vaz

Holy cow

How do you guys reply so fast?

John Vaz

I Dance With Will

thanks for the story. i like it.

"fuckit!"

hunter s. thompson is an absolute loon.
    but he kinda reminds me o' beet.... or vice-versa

my real question, tho, is what IDIOT decided that he'd be a good person to hand a duc to?

Everybody to the limit!

hunter s. thompson is an absolute loon.
    but he kinda reminds me o' beet.... or vice-versa

my real question, tho, is what IDIOT decided that he'd be a good person to hand a duc to?
    Actually, it's a TL-S.

Thanks guys, TLRVaz, they're absolutely correct, it's just a fun little article that I sort of relate to, I don't mean to offend. I just like to ride, and nobody captures the sort of utter unreasonability, and yet irresistable draw of a modern sportbike quite like HST. Anyway, I have not yet been to the track, nor do I think I'm fast Unfortunately I need to sell the sportbike right now (I need htte $$$), so I'm afraid to bring it to the track and crash it where insurance won't cover it Maybe once I get a beat old 80s honda CB to replace it I'll bring that to the track (I'm only half kidding...)

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    Actually, it's a TL-S.

Just for the record, he's a collector of Ducatis. Even did an article for wunna the motorags a while back after they lent him their test ride...

Everybody to the limit!

Originally posted by Stoneman
    Just for the record, he's a collector of Ducatis. Even did an article for wunna the motorags a while back after they lent him their test ride...
    Who're we talking about here?

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    Who're we talking about here?
    I thought you were referring to Dr. Gonzo (Hunter Thompson)...

OK OK I See! :-)

Matt K Wrote:
    "Unfortunately I need to sell the sportbike right now (I need htte $$$), so I'm afraid to bring it to the track and crash it where insurance won't cover it"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Matt,

I just wanted to say that you should not be affraid to crash your bike at the track. If you do crash there its because your pushing way to hard. If you go to a track day with the mind set that the day will be fun! and not to set records your going to have a great time and your more then likly not going to crash.

I just wanted to add this in here because a lot of people have this view of the track as being this scary place where you have to be fast! Bottom line, Think of it as a ride around the block. Its a piece of paved road that is connected to it's self.

P.S. I love it when cops attend track days. It feels great to be able to pass cops at crazy speeds and not get in trouble. :-)

John Vaz

I Dance With Will

Re: OK OK I See! :-)

Originally posted by TLRVaz

P.S. I love it when cops attend track days. It feels great to be able to pass cops at crazy speeds and not get in trouble. :-)
    would they still be on duty?

"fuckit!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast