Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

(Innocent) Rider shot in the back by a cop

Re: (Innocent) Rider shot in the back by a cop

Quote Originally Posted by LadyTaTa View Post
    Go right ahead....I'm in culinary school not an english major.....as long as you knew what I ment it is good enough for me!
    As a chef who owns/runs his own restaurant, I can tell you that grammar and syntax are important. If you ever want to advance past line cook.

I also find it insulting. Yeah, I'm just a chef, it's O.K. If I sound dumb.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2002 RVT1000R
    1998 VFR800Fi
    2002 CR80RB

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    I'm thinking that if there weren't THAT many shitty cops out there your opinion would be different....and mine would be as well. Unfortunately, there ARE that many shitty cops out there and they seem to far outweigh the decent cops by a huge margin.
    u may be right but there are 10x the amount of shitty people that the cops have to deal with. any wonder why some cops turn shitty?

Quote Originally Posted by JalopySiR View Post
    Criminals have a better self policing policy than actual police. I deal with alot a criminals, and even they have a code of honor.

Also, please don't argue that they do a hard job, and need special privledges, etc... BULLSHIT. When they make mistakes they have to deal with them even MORE harshly than your average joe because they are supposed to be held above us.
    If a cops life is worth more than mine, he'd better be doing a bang-up, superhero-assed job. 24/7.
    That' the price you should have to pay for my respect. If you don't want to pay it, find another line of work.
    they do have a hard job...period. special priviledges? after a hard days work they go to the bar, fishing, biking, etc just like any other person. yes they have to be held to a higher standard because the power that they have. they can be a highly decorated cop yet all it takes is 1 publicized mistake to end their career. double edged sword is what it is. respect what they go through because no other line of work can compare.
    criminals have a code of honor? my ass they do

lets look at it this way. If the officer was well within his rights of "defending himself or fellow officer" He wouldnt have had charges filed against him.
    Any shooting is investigated to prove if a shooting was justifiable. In this case the officer took approximately 3 seconds to exit his vehicle and shoot after folowing a vehicle a very short distance.

I notice none of the officers on this board hardly ever get involved in a discussion about an officer if it looks like his actions may not have been justfied, but have no problem when the poster is obviously wrong.

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by boloson View Post
    ...a highly decorated cop yet all it takes is 1 publicized mistake to end their career.
    Well in this case the mistake lead to a man never walking again. While I agree with you mostly it's kinda hard to play this down as a simple mistake.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by beet View Post
    & the fact we have a few good cops on this board!!! & I like ta have a few cop friends. so don't say dumb shit!
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    Cuz all cops shoot people in the back.... gimme a fuckin break.

Please aware that cop hating is NOT tolerated on this board.
    I agree that too many people jump on the band wagon and add senseless stupid comments that add fuel to the fire without any real point being made!!!

But come on is this not a public forum where people can openly express ideas and thoughts no matter how stupid or ridiculous they are.

I just go right past these types of posts and get on to the ones that have some real meaning or applicable content regardless of whether it matches up with my opinion or not...

Quote Originally Posted by 2talltlr View Post
    But come on is this not a public forum where people can openly express ideas and thoughts no matter how stupid or ridiculous they are.
    ....you would think, but the moderators here see fit to delete what they dont agree with. Oh my gods, people dont like police, shocking.

Posting Freak

Its pretty clear that the cop fucked up, he shot the guy plain and simple but you have to look at what lead up to his actions...they are on a dark road and the rider claims he did not know the cop car we behind him..bullshit blue lights are very clear when its dark out and they are behind you so I'm not buying that one but again that does not warrant him getting shot in the back.I just hate when people act like this cop should be put in jail for the rest life because of his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by dhuze View Post

I notice none of the officers on this board hardly ever get involved in a discussion about an officer if it looks like his actions may not have been justfied, but have no problem when the poster is obviously wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BigShel View Post
    Its pretty clear that the cop fucked up, he shot the guy plain and simple but you have to look at what lead up to his actions...they are on a dark road and the rider claims he did not know the cop car we behind him..bullshit blue lights are very clear when its dark out and they are behind you so I'm not buying that one but again that does not warrant him getting shot in the back.I just hate when people act like this cop should be put in jail for the rest life because of his actions.
    Did you watch the video? The cop's lights are not on when they stop at the stop sign, before speeding off. As soon as the lights go on, he pulls over, turns around to check the cruiser, and gets shot in the fucking spine. To add insult to injury, he's now pinned under his exhaust, unable to move his legs, and the cop is yelling at him to put his hands up.

Chris Q - 2007 R1
    Metalguitarist.org

- Jamie
    2009 K 1300 S

There is 10 seconds from when the lights go on to when you see the bike pulled over. I counted cause I wanted to see if it looked like he was running. Doesn't really seem that way.

A good point was brought up that should be added, what did the cop find when he ran his plate? I'm not saying it would excuse his actions, but if there was an extensive violent record it may expalin that the cop was nervous and maybe give some reasoning.

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by 2talltlr View Post
    It is not a public forum. It is privately owned and operated. The Admin and Mods can act however they see fit. It is their right to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    There is 10 seconds from when the lights go on to when you see the bike pulled over. I counted cause I wanted to see if it looked like he was running. Doesn't really seem that way.

A good point was brought up that should be added, what did the cop find when he ran his plate? I'm not saying it would excuse his actions, but if there was an extensive violent record it may expalin that the cop was nervous and maybe give some reasoning.
    When I was 18, I got pulled over, arrested, and charged with having a "concealed deadly weapon". I had a cool Klingon Star Trek knife mounted on a fucking wooden plaque in my car. (I also had no driver's license, and was a typical 18-year-old-douche to the cop, hence me getting arrested).

My point is, that when someone runs my plate these days (15 years later) it always shows up for the officer's safety that I once had a weapons charge against me (it was dismissed).

I'm pretty sure I don't deserve to immediately get shot in the back if I get pulled over for speeding.

Chris Q - 2007 R1
    Metalguitarist.org

I Dance With Will

well must have been wanted "dead" insteads of "alive".

"go ahead make my day"

"fuckit!"

Quote Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
    I'm pretty sure I don't deserve to immediately get shot in the back if I get pulled over for speeding.
    Yup, I'm positive I didn't say that or even hint at that. I did say it may explain the state of mind of the cop but not absolve him of guilt.

I will however say HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHA you got arrested for having a nerd knife.

-Alex

an 18 year old with star trek memorabilia, haha. nice.

i've always found that state troopers are much more pleasant than local cops.

2010 Kawasaki Z1000

I Dance With Will

Quote Originally Posted by dingley00 View Post
    i've always found that state troopers are much more pleasant than local cops.
    can't say the same. i have about 20 pages of records. they all draw guns everytime.

"fuckit!"

OK. I too think the cop is guilty.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Posting Freak

I have watch the video a bunch of times....the lights and sirens come on as soon as they blast off from the stop sign, have you watch the video? They dont stop as soon as the light come on, his friend is clearly not trying to stop. We can go on forever on this issue but it show that when you get pulled over keep your hands where they can be seen (not by your waistband)and always tell your friend not to run from the police. Maybe if he would have acted like his friend and jump the curb because he is traveling at such a high rate of speed with a cop car behind you with lights and siren on, this would have never happened. (Again the cop fucked up and he will pay for his fuck up for the rest of his life and I wish Bush would have ok'ed STEM CELL RESEARCH so this poor guy could walk again.).

Did you watch the video? The cop's lights are not on when they stop at the stop sign, before speeding off. As soon as the lights go on, he pulls over, turns around to check the cruiser, and gets shot in the fucking spine. To add insult to injury, he's now pinned under his exhaust, unable to move his legs, and the cop is yelling at him to put his hands up.

Yup, I'm positive I didn't say that or even hint at that. I did say it may explain the state of mind of the cop but not absolve him of guilt.

I will however say HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHA you got arrested for having a nerd knife.
    Yup, I'm positive that I wasn't really talking to you directly anyway. (But if you're attempting to be a dick to me, please understand that I don't give a shit about you at all, lol)

Edit: What I'm getting at is that regardless of the dude's record, nothing justifies getting out of your car and making the decision to shoot a guy in the back in 2-3 seconds.

And it was a sweet nerd-knife.

Pic: http://www.kitrae.net/fantasy/images/other_11.jpg

Last edited by Quigs; 05-12-10 at 12:14 PM.

Chris Q - 2007 R1
    Metalguitarist.org

Yup, I'm positive that I wasn't really talking to you directly anyway. (But if you're attempting to be a dick to me, please understand that I don't give a shit about you at all, lol)

Edit: What I'm getting at is that regardless of the dude's record, nothing justifies getting out of your car and making the decision to shoot a guy in the back in 2-3 seconds.

And it was a sweet nerd-knife.

Pic: http://www.kitrae.net/fantasy/images/other_11.jpg
    Ummmm... you quoted me. Kinda means you are talking about that, no? Not being a dick just defending my statement as not what you are saying it was.

Whatever, you're still saying that it doesn't justify it and I don't think anyone said that it did, since I'm the only one that brought that point up here.

-Alex

Ummmm... you quoted me. Kinda means you are talking about that, no? Not being a dick just defending my statement as not what you are saying it was.
    I quoted you for general sake of the conversation. You're saying the guy may have had a record, which may explain the cop's mindset. I'm saying that I have a record, and it stems from having a nerd-tastic knife in my car 15 years ago. I understand the point you were trying to make, but it doesn't excuse the cop at all.

Hence my pointing out that me having a badass, women-attracting, penis-size-increasing Klingon knife in my car doesn't necessarily make me a candidate for being shot on site. (Unless the cop is just jealous of all the chicks that knife brought me, fo'real.)

Chris Q - 2007 R1
    Metalguitarist.org

I just hate when people act like this cop should be put in jail for the rest life because of his actions.

Why do you hate it?

He should go to jail for the rest of his life.

The cop knew right from the start his life was not in danger and the proof is right in the video.

I Dance With Will

I have watch the video a bunch of times....the lights and sirens come on as soon as they blast off from the stop sign, have you watch the video? They dont stop as soon as the light come on, his friend is clearly not trying to stop. We can go on forever on this issue but it show that when you get pulled over keep your hands where they can be seen (not by your waistband)and always tell your friend not to run from the police. Maybe if he would have acted like his friend and jump the curb because he is traveling at such a high rate of speed with a cop car behind you with lights and siren on, this would have never happened. (Again the cop fucked up and he will pay for his fuck up for the rest of his life and I wish Bush would have ok'ed STEM CELL RESEARCH so this poor guy could walk again.).

i am so running from you.

"fuckit!"

I quoted you for general sake of the conversation. You're saying the guy may have had a record, which may explain the cop's mindset.
    That's all I'm saying. Everything else in your post is based of the inference you made that I think it excuses the cop in any way. It does not and I specifically said it does not. I am trying to understand the situation that happend and knowing the mindset of the officer is a big part of that.

-Alex

I quoted you for general sake of the conversation. You're saying the guy may have had a record, which may explain the cop's mindset. I'm saying that I have a record, and it stems from having a nerd-tastic knife in my car 15 years ago. I understand the point you were trying to make, but it doesn't excuse the cop at all.
    your record is not the kind of record that puts a cop on high alert - lots of people have something dumb from years back on their record, and yours isn't even a conviction. there's a huge difference between having *a* record and having the kind of record that makes someone call for backup before they even light you up. based on nothing more than past experience, i'm going to bet part of the delay in stopping those two bikes was waiting for registration and RO records to come back, and calling for a second car once the results were reviewed.

without putting words in alex's mouth, i'm guessing the type of record he was referring to is a little more serious, like stopping a vehicle that comes back showing the registered owner (whose license photo matches the driver you see in the car) has, among other things, a felony unlawful possession of a firearm charge, multiple assault with a dangerous weapon charges, armed robbery, aggravated assault, larceny and assault on a police officer. based on that information, you have to assume the person you're dealing with could quickly become a problem. i have no idea if this guy had a record or not, but the fact that he was drinking and high while riding around sure doesn't help the assumption that he's squeaky clean and that his record came back empty. don't think for a second that someone in their early to mid 20s can't already have a 10 page record.

- Jamie
    2009 K 1300 S

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast