Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Got the ok for a new bike from the wife.

Re: Got the ok for a new bike from the wife.

where can i find a wife like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    Ya i work on Long Island so i have plenty of dealers to go by. I have 2 near my work that have leftover R1's for about $10k out the door. Those are probably the best local deals ive found so far. I found a few 2012 Daytona 675r's but those are stuck right at 12-13k.
    ill go with ya if you want

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
    A friend has the blk/orange rc8r. It's quite the bike. Not cheap for sure. much better than the mags give it credit for. Always draws a crowd. Really user friendly motor. Still a blk/orange 2012 here in RI but not sure how much they are dealing on them.
    which dealer has it? i thought i found all the rc8's left in NE but dont remember any in ri.

Lifer

Update on my findings.

Im talking to jim at seacoast about the 848. They just sold the only corsa they had left which leaves me with a regular one or they try to find another corsa. The deal is they make the first 12 months payments on the msrp of the bike which is 14k and 15k respectively. Im looking into the ins and outs of the financing terms to make sure i can mostly pay off the bike immediately and have their first years payments pay off the remaining amount i leave. Ideally id end up paying about $11k and $12k respectively.

I found 1 black/orange ktm rc8. Not my favorite color and i dont think they will budge from $14.5.

I found any color 2011 R1 i want for about $10k otd. solid deal with no mystery.

Im talking to a few dealers about the daytone 675 and 675r. No solid numbers yet but it looks like i can get a 675 for $10.5k ish and a 675r for about $12k. nice bikes but Im not all trusting of the brand since ive been around the older triumphs. It would go nicely with my restored spitfire though.

I havent heard or seen any other offers on any other bikes.

I know it's the wrong time of year for this, but I would be trying to get test rides on these bikes before buying. I know Seacoast and Second Wind have been good about letting me test ride bikes in the past. Not sure about KTM dealers but I'll let you take mine for a (short) rip if the roads are clean. I only say this because I was inches away from buying a 675, then I test drove one and hated it. I also had a 1098 for a short time, didn't test ride that one and ended up hating the bike. Sold it after putting on 600 miles. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with either bike, it's just that they were not what I was expecting.

Lifer

seacoast will let me test ride a duc. havent really tried on a 675. finding anyone who owns a newer r1 is hard so thats probably not going to happen. the ktm has demo days but none around here. if i can get the ktm price down somehow i may take you up on it.

Spitfire? Pics?

Lifer

Got the ok for a new bike from the wife.-spitfire-jpg

may not show up since its from my phone.

i also saw that duc for sale but the only real condition i have on getting a new bike is it has to be from a dealership. new or used doesnt matter as long as its from a dealership. my wife is tired of dealing with personal deals since i do so many every year. she wants to have a semblence of a warranty.

which dealer has it? i thought i found all the rc8's left in NE but dont remember any in ri.
    Razees. Just one iirc.

2013 ZX6R-636

seacoast will let me test ride a duc. havent really tried on a 675. finding anyone who owns a newer r1 is hard so thats probably not going to happen. the ktm has demo days but none around here. if i can get the ktm price down somehow i may take you up on it.
    Razees had a demo KTM but sold it a few months ago. Adjustable subframe and foot pegs is nice feature. I just read in some UK mag a PC tune and nothing else added 15 HP to their test RC8R. Seems a bit extreme for just a tune though.

Last edited by backinthesaddle; 12-23-12 at 11:44 AM.
    2013 ZX6R-636

You should have no qualms about a Triumph these days. There are more owners of them on this site now than ever, and problems are few and far between.

I had bought mine from Suzuki-Triumph of Swansea, I know they've got a deal on a leftover 2012.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Lifer

Thanks, i will look into it.

if you want to test ride a daytona. I'll be glad to hand you over my keys

Michel Francois

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by R8td-R View Post
    if you want to test ride a daytona. I'll be glad to hand you over my keys
    Id probably take you up on it if i decide to go with a daytona. So far the numbers just dont work for them. I did like that SE that just sold though.

Got the ok for a new bike from the wife.-spitfire-jpg

may not show up since its from my phone.

i also saw that duc for sale but the only real condition i have on getting a new bike is it has to be from a dealership. new or used doesnt matter as long as its from a dealership. my wife is tired of dealing with personal deals since i do so many every year. she wants to have a semblence of a warranty.
    Just checking it wasn't one of these. Chances are slim but you never know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got the ok for a new bike from the wife.-spitfire_mk2a_p7350_arp-jpg  

Lifer

no, no planes for me. id like a spitfire plane though.

So ive spent the last few days going over the possible bikes and deals i could find. one common trend in all the bikes i like is the undertail exhaust and minimal electronic gimics like tc and quick shifters. in fact id be more likely to buy the 848 corse if it didnt have the quick shifter.
    The bikes in the running are really only the 848, r1 and daytona. my plans are tomorrow im gonna get up and hit nearly every dealership i can find from worcester to seacoast motorsports and see what can come up with. i have a feeling itll be a leftover r1 but ill see what the others offer. with the snow on the ground they'll be no test rides so itll be based on looks, feel and maintenance costs. Doesnt look good for the duc with it being more in every catagory but it has some really good incentives to bring it in line with the others. The 675 is nice but the r model ends up being more money than the 848 after everything is said and done. the plain 675 becomes the cheapest of the bunch at around 10k otd. r1 is about 10.5k otd. duc is 13-14k otd depending on were i buy it but the incentives bring it down to below 12k if you plan it right.
    Theres also the northeast motorcycle expo in january that may be worth waiting for. Ive been told they have some crazy deals if your one of the firsts to get there.

"i also saw that duc for sale but the only real condition i have on getting a new bike is it has to be from a dealership. new or used doesnt matter as long as its from a dealership. my wife is tired of dealing with personal deals since i do so many every year. she wants to have a semblence of a warranty."

Hi,
    It it comes with the balance of the 4 year extended factory, Ducati warranty!

Last edited by desmoducknh; 12-25-12 at 01:04 PM.

Lifer

i wish i could get it but my wife is insistant on a dealership. if your bike was used at a dealership that would be enough for her.

Prearranged the deal and sell it on consignment through RJ's. http://www.rjsmotorsport.com

no, no planes for me. id like a spitfire plane though.

So ive spent the last few days going over the possible bikes and deals i could find. one common trend in all the bikes i like is the undertail exhaust and minimal electronic gimics like tc and quick shifters. in fact id be more likely to buy the 848 corse if it didnt have the quick shifter.
    The bikes in the running are really only the 848, r1 and daytona. my plans are tomorrow im gonna get up and hit nearly every dealership i can find from worcester to seacoast motorsports and see what can come up with. i have a feeling itll be a leftover r1 but ill see what the others offer. with the snow on the ground they'll be no test rides so itll be based on looks, feel and maintenance costs. Doesnt look good for the duc with it being more in every catagory but it has some really good incentives to bring it in line with the others. The 675 is nice but the r model ends up being more money than the 848 after everything is said and done. the plain 675 becomes the cheapest of the bunch at around 10k otd. r1 is about 10.5k otd. duc is 13-14k otd depending on were i buy it but the incentives bring it down to below 12k if you plan it right.
    Theres also the northeast motorcycle expo in january that may be worth waiting for. Ive been told they have some crazy deals if your one of the firsts to get there.
    If you feel like going 30 minutes or so south of Worcester, give Motorsports Nation in Plainfield Ct a shot. When I bought my 2011 R6 from them, I walked in with an ebay add I printed out and he matched the price...which was $1000 less than the best price I had gotten from other dealers. I was only disappointed when they wouldn't talk price over the phone, but the trip there to talk was well worth it for me. I rather a face to face deal anyways.
    Ask for Vern in sales, tell him Mark, the guy they just bought an R6 from sent you there. He'll hook you up, I'm sure

Yamaha

Lifer

If you think its worth it i might give them a try. Doesnt look like they have any 2011 leftovers though.

If you think its worth it i might give them a try. Doesnt look like they have any 2011 leftovers though.
    I didn't think to look for any R1's when I was there last week. It's worth a shot to ask anyways

Yamaha

The deal is they make the first 12 months payments on the msrp of the bike which is 14k and 15k respectively. Im looking into the ins and outs of the financing terms to make sure i can mostly pay off the bike immediately and have their first years payments pay off the remaining amount i leave.
    Why pay MSRP? Just ask them to discount the bike an equivalent amount and buy it outright. It"s probably a kick back from Ducati anyway. They're just marketing it differently.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Lifer

I can only get 1/2 off it in a lump sum. Ive already looked into that. And i can only get that 1/2 if i pay msrp. Ive got a few places to look into that offer variations of the ducati incentives. One is pay for a full year, another is $1000 off and pay for 6 months, and another is pay for 6 months and get 3 years factory maintenance (not a very well spoken of dealer either or id be all over this one.)
    Im gonna head up to a dealership this morning that carries duc, ktm and yamaha and see what i can do. Then im gonna move and make my way up to seacoast motorsports unless the snow starts.

The dealership you buy your new ride from could end up being a critical factor. Even thought I do most of my service work myself its nice to think if something really goes south I can count on them. You can't beat Seacoast Ducati it's easily the best one I have ever been too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast