Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What would you pay for my bike?

Re: What would you pay for my bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Or, not. Last four bikes I sold went to people in RI, NH, ME, and MA.
    Meh. Prolly quite true, but as I've been monitoring things over the past few months the "list price" for very similar bikes in Boston "is generally" (not always and no need to post examples as I've seen them as well) higher than the "list price" for bikes in Maine, NH, and Vermont. There's also much less activity on those sites, which could be a factor. As I said, list price doesn't necessarily reflect sale price.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    I put my SV650S with ultra-low mileage, perfect condition Penske shock and Racetech cartridges for $4,800. It sat here for 8 months without a single offer. Pulled off the Penske and listed it in CL for $4,050. It sold in a day with three guys lined up behind the first one. If you want to sell it, get real on the price: remeber why they say the day you pick up a new bike is the second happiest day of your life!
    Yea, I still don't really understand this. Unfortunately my budget is complete junk, so this wasn't really an option for me. The fact that you had people standing in line to buy means you priced it right for a quick sale (I can do the math on the Penske as well, and it was priced right with that as well, but your market base of people who actually understand the value of the Penske is much smaller) after pulling the shock.

Any aftermarket stuff is only valuable to the person that wants the exact same aftermarket stuff (and this, amazingly includes a decent suspension).

This comes down to pretty standard sales stuff... if you need a quick sale, price better be right. If you're willing to wait, you can get a better price. I think your SV with the shock was the exception that proves the rule. :/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    In regards to the scratches, you may want to buy a few touch-up paint pens from an auto parts store.

The silver and red might be hard to match, but the black bits are easy.

This is decent advise, although Suzuki "black" has a blue metal flake/pearl in it. It will NOT be easy to match with touchup. It will look like dog shit if you just hit it with some black.

As far as value... I say Doc is pretty accurate. Its a crashed GS... $2200 on the high end.

Definitely gonna look closely into the paint fix-up...luckily there's a good GS forum, so hopefully they'll have some insight.

A lot of people turn these bikes naked too, so I don't think the scratches hurt the value incredibly. And that's all they really are, are scratches.

Thanks again for all the input, everyone. "What bike should I buy" thread coming next spring to a forum near you...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12