Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Back Protector. good or bad?

For some reason it never occurred to me until just today, but why don't more people wear back protectors? It seems like your back is a lot more important than your hands or feet, and just as fragile.

Now suddenly I feel really vulnerable...

This guy sells really cheap back protectors on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7901280628

They're probably not that great cuz that's the only place i've seen them, but from reading the description it seems like it has all the features of, say, the Teknic or JR back protectors.

hmm... is this... good or bad?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Elaine,

Since your crash you have been posting a ton about protection. You should just buy everything you think you need. All the equipment is great and a must have. You just got a suit, even though it does not fit, jus trade it in for one that does and grab a back protector or you could just have implants put in and a back protector to get the suit you have now to fit!!! Hummmmm, would that be better than buying a suit that fits perfectly?

Jamie

I wear this one... Teknic Knoxx I seems very good. I "tested" at the track and I am very happy with it. I usually take the cheesy foam armor out of my ridding jacket and wear this onthe street as well....I call it my man gurdle

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

hey i know how you feel

but i'm dealing my jitters even went full squid 2 wiers !!! once you get back on you should b ok
    in your case slow the fuck down a few clicks
    i still have a hard time close 2 home

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Back protectors or another safety items are not just for the track any more.... They are just as important on the street.... maybe even more important since more crashes happen on the "Streets"

But don't think just because you wear a back protector you are a better rider, because that is wack.... but it does help keep you safer should you have another "mishap"

Even cheap protection is better than no protection, but you get what you pay for.... just my 2 cents worth

Life is full of curves...just lean into them!!!

Originally posted by skiierx

Since your crash you have been posting a ton about protection. You should just buy everything you think you need.
    HA! two years ago, I thought that a helmet and jacket was all I would ever need. i didn't even start wearing gloves till just this season next thing i know, someone will tell me that i need one of those hump things that strap onto your neck that racers wear.

no! i'm not buying all this gear cuz i think it'll make me a better rider i'm buying all this crap cuz i wanna go to a track day (which i think will make me a better rider ) - all the track days in CA require that riders have full leather suits, back protectors, leather boots, gauntlet gloves, and all this other crap. GEEEZZZZZZ

elaineo,
    i think it's great that you are planning to do more track days and are looking to invest in some more protective gear as far as buying a back protector i would suggest you try to check out a few at some of the local shops - even better if you can try it on with your leathers to make sure it fits comfortably. if it's not a good fit it could end up being more of a distraction and you may be less likely to wear it. i've got a dainese boy5 and i'm very pleased with the fit. they also make a model called boy4 which has one less plate so it is a little shorter - may be a good choice for someone your size.

the only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.

Originally posted by elaineo
    HA! two years ago, I thought that a helmet and jacket was all I would ever need. i didn't even start wearing gloves till just this season next thing i know, someone will tell me that i need one of those hump things that strap onto your neck that racers wear.

no! i'm not buying all this gear cuz i think it'll make me a better rider i'm buying all this crap cuz i wanna go to a track day (which i think will make me a better rider ) - all the track days in CA require that riders have full leather suits, back protectors, leather boots, gauntlet gloves, and all this other crap. GEEEZZZZZZ
    Here's the way to look at it..........How much are you worth???

I paid the money for Vanson and I crash tested it.........It works!!!

Cool to hear you are doing trackdays in CA. Some nice tracks there!! Soon you will sell your streetbike and just ride the track......trust me on this!!

Collision Pros Racing