Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

RHINO Body Armor

....................... PinHead's Avatar
    iTrader Score

RHINO Body Armor

So, why come?

0 Not allowed!
    2015 BMW R 1200 GS
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    05 WR 250F
    98 KTM 200EXC

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

RHINO Body Armor

Originally posted by FireBallF4i
    Stoneman,

I expected you to respond in the manner you did. Your intellect shines ever so brightly. The level of conversation at this web site is one of the reasons I donít come here so often.

FireBallF4i
    Hmm, sounds like a typical SRNE snob to me....just the type of person that caused this site to spawn. Just another stuck up hypocritical asshole. Just as you have no use for us, we have no use for you. If you don't like it here, don't come. It's that simple.

0 Not allowed!
    -Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

"I brap with a clear conscience." - nhbubba

iTrader Score

RHINO Body Armor

Originally posted by PinHead
    So, why come?
    I have faith in the fact that there is always hope for the hopeless.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

RHINO Body Armor

Stoneman,

I expected you to respond in the manner you did. Your intellect shines ever so brightly. The level of conversation at this web site is one of the reasons I donít come here so often.

FireBallF4i
    That's it! I'm tellin' my mom...

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

iTrader Score

RHINO Body Armor

I have faith in the fact that there is always hope for the hopeless.
    Is this the hope you are looking for?

Well back to the original point of this post.

I myself have never worn any riding pants and knowone here has given' me too much shit about it. But I have seen the scars on Stonemans pants from when he did a bit of pavement sliding. You could say that seeing is beliving and I have been looking into getting myself a pair of pants since. I would like to see the finished product that Chuck is involved in and posibly purchace a pair for myself.
    Ed

0 Not allowed!
    2015 BMW R 1200 GS
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    05 WR 250F
    98 KTM 200EXC

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

RHINO Body Armor

I don't believe they're pants, or clothing really. It's more like body armor, I believe. Something to wear under your gear. There are similar products out there already, Chuck just reinvented the wheel I guess...

I'm definitely interested in checking this out once they're available. If ya need a place to debut them Chuck, I'll offer up The Crib. Just about everyone here knows how to get here, and I'm sure you could muster up quite the crowd given the recent activities with this thread...

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

RHINO Body Armor

Oh, and Fireball: You're welcome to come up and check 'em out first hand too...

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

RHINO Body Armor

Here's my two cents,

You all sound like a bunch of whining children. First of all there is already protective gear available for professional riders that protect them in the event of a crash. But then again, the PROFESSIONALS do it where they are suppose to.........on a track. They donít have to worry about gravel, sand, innocent by standers, or slamming into a tree. Chucks body armor does nothing for another human life if they encounter a person traveling at the rate that Chuck seems to enjoy on public.......yes I said PUBLIC roads. Think about it.

Many of the products at MM and other distributors offer adequate protection for typical Sportbike riding.

Chuck forgot one important piece of the body. YOUR HEAD! Significant head trauma still occurs even though one is still utilizing DOT-SNELL approved headgear. The body is no good without the brain. If you have any doubts, check out the "bad news" thread at SRNE in the upcoming rides and events. I had the pleasure of riding with Mike.

The truth sucks I know. So flame away.

FireBallF4i
    Is this what you call intellect?

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

RHINO Body Armor

Teee hee....'Josh and JC'....hee hee....

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

RHINO Body Armor

Originally posted by Stoneman
    Teee hee....'Josh and JC'....hee hee....
    Stoneman and JC!

Anyway, I don't care if anybody thinks we sound like children, or that we're not intellectual enough for someone's company...because everyone that participates here seems to love it. This is where we can act like jackasses and have fun, while sharing something in common that we all love: riding.

The biggest disappointment to me is that there are people out there (i.e. fireballsf4i) that only come around to piss on our party. Why bother? I don't get along with most of the people at SRNE (I'm NOT talking about the founders!), which is why I'm not very active over there....but I don't go over and tell them they're being snobbish pricks every time *I* feel they're acting too stuck up, do I? Right, to each their own...so I stay over here and have fun with the other people that DO like it here. People lurk and read posts here and then think they know who each of us really is. I'll tell ya something; you don't know shit! Anyone that thinks they can get to know who someone REALLY is on the internet is dilusional at best.

So to the critics: talk all the crap you want, we're still going strong. Keep talking all the crap you want, we'll be going stronger and stronger as time passes. Go ahead, sit back and feel smug that you're so much smarter than me or he or she, and that you're more educated, and make more money, and ride more responsibly, and act more mature on the internet. Maybe someday you'll actually come to the realization that you have no clue about any of that, who we are, what we're really like. You're really just pathetic, and you're too wrapped up in your own ego to understand what a dick YOU are.

The bottome line: this site is here to stay. We have picked up a strong member base in just one year! If you don't like us...that doesn't matter to me much, because we're not going anywhere, and the critics are in the minority at this point.

Carry on!

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

In the infamous words of JC

I think that this thread deserves a Fuckiddy Fuck Fuck Fuck......To complete the POINT.... JC Can we get one???

0 Not allowed!
    Gerard

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

RHINO Body Armor

fuckity fuck fuck FUCK!

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

RHINO Body Armor

Thank You....

0 Not allowed!
    Gerard

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

RHINO Body Armor

Originally posted by JC
    fuckity fuck fuck FUCK!

So sayeth the shepard, so sayeth the flock...

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

RHINO Body Armor

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck!

0 Not allowed!
    2015 BMW R 1200 GS
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    05 WR 250F
    98 KTM 200EXC

iTrader Score

RHINO Body Armor

Speaking of lurking on SRNE, it has been down since mid Saturday!

0 Not allowed!
    2001 RC51!!!
    2007 Husky SMR 510 - no longer... blown tranny

iTrader Score

RHINO Body Armor

oh yeah and Fireball you forgot a site that all this shit was posted on..... in addition to SRNE and here. I'll let you figure that out so you can flame over there too.

0 Not allowed!
    2001 RC51!!!

iTrader Score

RHINO Body Armor

Oh it deserves more than a profane response, so here goes. First, Fireball, you seem to be under the impression that professional racers do not sustain injuries. They do. In fact, Kevin Schwantz can no longer ride due to severe wrist fractures and Wayne Rainey is in a wheelchair, paralyzed for life due to a racing crash. While I respect the fact that the head is a critical body part and have already addressed the issue previously by stating that according to Snell, while they do not measure on the basis of mph impacting, but rather peak g decel, a currently available Snell 2000 helmet will withstand an impact of approximately 30mph-0, more than that and the peak g's are not sufficiently diffused. That being said, there are a vast number of fatal and life-altering injuries aside from head trauma, specifically injuries that occur paraspinally, both via cardio and cross pneumothorax. I too rode with a "Mike". He was wearing a cordura nylon jacket with company supplied "armor". During a ride, he lowsided. His bike bounced off a tree, striking him in the back at the C5-C6 cervical spine. He is now paralyzed from the mid-chest down. There is a great need for higher quality body armor, thus the reason for such development. I'm not going to waste time bantering back and forth, but, if you actually rode with the person who passed away from motorcycle accident related injuries recently, you are certainly not doing him any service in saying that the conventional protection is "good enough". If ANY injury can be eliminated or reduced, then that result will prove the venture worthwhile.

0 Not allowed!
    2014 Ducati 899 Panigale
    2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale - lemon - repurchased by Ducati
    2002 Ducati 998S Bostrom - sold

iTrader Score

RHINO Body Armor

To et al,

The fact of the matter is, .....is that I think you guy's are a good group of Mo Fo's. My reasoning behind my posting is not to let my stupidity stand out as my predominate feature, but to make people more aware of the consequences of riding beyond their ability. I have been riding my F4i since Dec 2001(6mos. My first street bike) and for sure I am extremely green. My approach to activities such as Sportbike riding is the same as I have used to other sports. Learn, learn it well and you wonít be a looser. I brought up Mikeís death only because I refuse to go through life like a racehorse with blinders on. I learned from his experience. I rode with him and I went to his funeral. His experience had a significant impact on me.

Today I did a ride with Jankster, my speed ranged from 30 to 90 mph on the country roads of NH and VT. The average speed was approximately 70 mph. The ride was enjoyable and pushed me to a new level. All that I have learned in the 6 months I have been riding flashed through my mind today.

Above all of the flame, if any, of what I have said makes just one rider think about what he/she is doing and prevents a tragedy, I feel as though it would be words well served.

Wayne

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Wayne-o; 06-30-02 at 06:43 PM.

iTrader Score

RHINO Body Armor

shit Wayne!! You hit 90!! Damn!! I was out front and I didn't hit 90!! LOL!! That's why you guys were staying back! You were just making me "feel" fast!! LOL!! Hehehehehe!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    Boring Motorcycle videos
    03 Aprilia Tuono
    12 VW Golf R

iTrader Score

RHINO Body Armor

hey Chris,

Thanks for the ride. Yes, I will confirm 90 mph two times as a minimum frequency of the event. I can't wait till next weekend. I had a great time.

Wayne

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

RHINO Body Armor

Wayne, I posted the response before even realizing that FireBall was you. Given the fact that less than 30 days ago you were asking to ride with me and we've had several very nice chats in person before, I was kind of taken back by your post. I too have been impacted by the tragedies, but rather than focus a blame on speed or skill or the street v. track or ability or lack thereof, I chose to make a positive difference. Perhaps nothing would have saved your friend Mike, but Mike Negrete would have gotten up and walked away had he been wearing a better back protector. I won't debate the issue since it's moot, but I would think that if a recent death had any impact upon you at all, you'd be applauding the effort to prevent further injury and death.

0 Not allowed!
    2014 Ducati 899 Panigale
    2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale - lemon - repurchased by Ducati
    2002 Ducati 998S Bostrom - sold

iTrader Score

RHINO Body Armor

Everybody kiss and make up now! ehehe

0 Not allowed!
    2001 RC51!!!

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

RHINO Body Armor

Oh all right, anyone that refers to us as "mo fo's" HAS to be ok. It's hard to agree with all three people that are arguing (in this case, Paul, Chuck, and Wayne)...but not impossible.

So really...you mean we might actually all get along when this is overwith?

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

RHINO Body Armor

One last comment about all this and I am gonna put this thing to bed.

Statistically, the majority of motorcycle accidents occur because of rider error. I could give you numbers, but I donít want to bore you with the details. Rider education and training coupled with quality protective gear (Chuck) would minimize injury and fatalities to riders. I stress that one is no good without the other. Kinda like a putting a soccer mom in a cage equipped with seatbelts and airbags that doesnít have a clue about what she is doin. Not a good thing.

Everyoneís points are well taken and no harm done.

Wayne

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Wayne-o; 07-01-02 at 03:45 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast