Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

rideing in Maine

rideing in Maine

This past weekend me and a friend went up to Maine to do some rideing it was great nice turns and long stright aways

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

rideing in Maine

Where abouts in Maine did you go? I was up there as well with a couple friends and noticed A LOT more sportbike traffic than usual and i'm on a back road that usually has little traffic in general, let alone sportbikes. These guys were going back and forth 3 or 4 times per day, couple gixxers?

Yamaha

rideing in Maine

we were in parkman and we had gixxerz

rideing in Maine

Originally posted by mikey2slow
    we were in parkman and we had gixxerz
    I cannot beleive it!!! I saw both of you go by several times. I have a small camp on the North Dexter road just after where Harlow Pond road connects in Parkman. I think I made eye contact with the second rider as they went by one day? I was standing at the end of my driveway. Small world for sure Next time you go up, let me know. I usually don't bring a sportbike up there but I know some pretty killer roads heading north west into Bingham, Jackman and Rangely
    My weekend report from the same area is around here somewhere

Yamaha

rideing in Maine

wow small world for sure i was just telling the guy who i went up with about your post thats funny. i have a camp just up the rd on north dexter about a mile or so that was the first time i have ever been up there with a bike it was alot of fun what camp is your is it one of the brown ones just as u make the turn for the pond? the 2nd bike you seen was more in likey me the black 05 600 right? if you should bring up your bike you have to go up crow hill rd (the dump rd) the hills are great once u hit the top ur up one the rear its nice

rideing in Maine

We did ride Crow Hill Rd, only it was on dual sport bikes and we used it to get to the Kingsbury Dam on mostly dirt roads. Do you got any dirt toys? That's mostly what I go up there with.

You can't see my camp from the road, it's about 300ft in the woods and I put a curve in the driveway to hide it. My camp driveway is 500 feet from the intersection of Slab City Rd and Harlow Pond Rd on the North Dexter Rd (across from the big farm on that long straight that you guys launched on a couple times )

I don't remember off hand which bike was what color, I do remember one was quiet and one was loud though, the louder one in the front the few times I saw you'z go by. I thought the loud one was a 1k?

Going up again this year?
    I "try" to go up every holiday weekend, Memorial day, 4th of July, Labor day and Columbus day but I usually only camp ther once or twice and stay at a friends in Abbot the others

Yamaha

rideing in Maine

This is the farm across from my driveway

Yamaha

rideing in Maine

ok i know were you are i and now i know i did see you real quick at the top of your drive way as we went by by no i dont have any dirt toys b/c at home i have no use for them and i dont get up to maine to often that was my first time there in about 3years we might be back up there some time this winter to rent snowmobiles but thats about it. one of the bikes is a 1k the other was a 6

rideing in Maine

Me and my GF both rode up to Milo, ME a few weeks ago, which is not to far from where you guys were. We have a house right on the Sebec River. There is some nice riding around there.

rideing in Maine

thats cool i would like to find out how many people have places around the area and try an set up a ride next summer

rideing in Maine

I'm down for that! Did you trailer or ride up to Maine? I think I'm gonna trailer up next time so I dont have a sore ass from the 5 hour ride.

rideing in Maine

yea we had them in the trucks i would not want to ride up there no way lol

rideing in Maine

I'd be down for getting a ride together up there next summer. I got a nice 250 mile loop if we get a early start that should be fun
    I rode up there once and will never do it again!! I can handle 400 miles a day on the sportbike no problem but sitting still on the highway is to painfull.

I was going to look at some property in Milo last fall but I never made it up there. I wish I did at least go check it out though, 110 acres for $25k woulda been nice to retire on in 20 years

Yamaha

rideing in Maine

that sounds good hey i seen a house in guilford going for 80k thats not to much for a house but 25k thats a deal plus u could get a guy in there to cut and charge him to do it and make money off the land

rideing in Maine

If I bought the land, I probably wouldn't have it cut, at least for a few years anyway. I would cut quite a few miles worth of trails and maybe make a MX track though

Property is cheap up there for sure. That farm in the picture above was for sale last year and I think the add said $185k for everything...there's over 100 acres of land there as well.

It's hard to beleive you can buy a small camp with 5 acres of land up there for the cost of a new 600 sportbike

Yamaha

rideing in Maine

that you can yea i know i had wanted to buy that farm but what would i do with it lol have cows and shit lol na pave it and make a track now that would be great

rideing in Maine

Originally posted by mikey2slow
    that you can yea i know i had wanted to buy that farm but what would i do with it lol have cows and shit lol na pave it and make a track now that would be great
    First thought that would come to my mind if I bought that was make a huge MX track I'd keep the cows though, they'll pay for the farm and pay for you to have fun

Yamaha