Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

textile vs leather

Uppercrust Euro Rider SilverSurfer's Avatar
    iTrader Score

textile vs leather

Skill level? He's 15, he doesn't even have a driver's license yet, and won't for a year to a year and a half.

Ian, are you riding dirt bikes at this point? Do you have any 2 wheeled experience other than bicycles? If you are going to get into motorcycles, I do think it's a good idea to gather information, but I wouldn't start buying gear just yet.

0 Not allowed!
    <table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=100%><tr><td background="http://www.nestreetriders.com/images/fill1.gif"><font color=white size=1 face="Trebuchet MS, Arial"><b>SEAN
    01 DAYTONA 955i | 00 DAYTONA 955i | 89 KATANA 600</b></font></td></tr></table>

Mrs. Frankenstein
    iTrader Score

textile vs leather

Okay smart ass ... go play with yourself and let me give advice of my own - you've had your opportunity and no one cares! jK
    The skill level I was refering to was being a beginner - I know he doesn't have a licence or even a permit yet - do you think I'm blind and didn't see that? Whatever the case... And I wasn't telling him to go buy anything at the moment - just giving him suggestions on where to look - I did say look around and shop around....

0 Not allowed!

Lifer
    iTrader Score

textile vs leather

Ian,

Whatever you do, prepare to be raped.

My brother is 18 and just passed MSF yesterday, he's got maybe 600 miles experience on my dad's bike + dirt bike experience.

He's got a lot of money saved up cause he works like a maniac as a bicycle mechanic, he wants a 2002 Ninja 250. (Likes the paint job on the new one, hates the older ones for some reason)

I punched his data in on Progressive's website with the same levels I have, the quote was $1700, and I didn't put in speeding tickets, and he has two since he got his license.

Ben

0 Not allowed!

Mrs. Frankenstein
    iTrader Score

textile vs leather

Being a younger rider, Ben has a point about the insurance crap grrr... Just no way around that.
    But Ben - why the hell is your brother looking into getting the 250? Is he THAT small? Cuz I didn't even want the 250....and I'm 5'5"

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

textile vs leather

0 Not allowed!
    -Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

"I brap with a clear conscience." - nhbubba

Lifer
    iTrader Score

textile vs leather

He doesn't want to be the typical rider that gets a 600 to start (like me) and learns more slowly as a result.

I guess he wants to be the guy on the 250 who embarasses everyone else in the twisties.

He's about the same size as me but heavier cause he doesn't bicycle as much. He's probably 190 or something.

Ben

0 Not allowed!

Mrs. Frankenstein
    iTrader Score

textile vs leather

Teeheheehe that's funny! A guy that size on a lil 250 - I suppose it'd be fun to learn on, but seriously now.... He's gonna get bored of it so quick... tell him to atleast go for the 500

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

textile vs leather

The way around the insurance hit IMO is to buy an older, cheaper bike and skip getting collision insurance.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

textile vs leather

i'm not buying gear, just asking questions and looking into stuff. i know i'm gonna really get hit with insurance. its really gonna blow but i guess i will have to deal with it.

0 Not allowed!

Mrs. Frankenstein
    iTrader Score

textile vs leather

insurance: it doesn't matter how old your bike is, if you are young you're going to get raped by the insurance companies anyway... its just fact... AND you HAVE to have collision unless your bike is completely paid off (no loans can be out on the bike, whether its a loan you took out thru/with the dealership or a personal loan you took out w/o the dealership)... My insurance agent told me this - so I'm not making that up.
    What does help - is don't get tickets, don't get caught doing stuff that would cause you to get points added on to your record, and take the MSF class - it's 10% off your insurance. Of course the best thing is if you live in in east bum fuck where all that you have to worry about is cows stealing your bike.... then insurance is cheap - or atleast cheaper than most other places. End of story.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

textile vs leather

you HAVE to have collision unless your bike is completely paid off
    Right, that's one reason I tell beginners to buy an old cheap bike with cash, instead of a new expensive bike on credit..

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

textile vs leather

so is there a theft thing for insurance? i could sure as shit skip that. i live in the middle of nowhere. i don't think i have to worry about it being stolen.

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12