Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Title bike without registration

Title bike without registration

Has anyone been able to title a bik/vehicle without registration?

I am reading the mass.gov site and it’s rather vague on how to pay the associated sales tax on the bike. Anyone do this before?

Registration is not something I want to do in this bike and just transfer the title to my name.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: Title bike without registration

Quote Originally Posted by Crconnor18 View Post
    Has anyone been able to title a bik/vehicle without registration?

I am reading the mass.gov site and it’s rather vague on how to pay the associated sales tax on the bike. Anyone do this before?

Registration is not something I want to do in this bike and just transfer the title to my name.

You can do it but its a bit of a pain now due to recent changes at the rmv. You can no longer do title only transactions in person, you must mail it in now. Your right about the vagueness of the system so be prepared to mail your title several times until you get it right. You can try calling to get exact numbers for what you will owe but that is also a challenge and they are usually wrong.

This is how i do it and its pretty rare i get it right the first time.
    Take pics of everything before you send it, especially the completed title. They have lost two titles on me. I dont know what i would have done if i didnt have pics of it. Still took forever to fix.
    I have my insurance company provide me with the paperwork i need to just title it. You can do this on your own but see the above statement.
    Go online and get the info you need on where to send it.
    Call the rmv and ask for what your total due will be. They will be wrong but its a starting point.
    Send it out and wait about a month to get a rejection letter. Sometimes they tell you whats wrong, other times they dont.
    Fix what you can and attempt #2.
    Get it back, more fixing and attempt #3.

Best of luck to you.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!