Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2010 VTBN Summer Event: The Super Cycle Showcase

Re: 2010 VTBN Summer Event: The Super Cycle Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by KneeGrinder View Post
    I had my YZF wheels done by Tommy Graves Customs about 5 yrs ago and they still look pretty awesome. Thought I would save a few bucks and had Miles do a set on my CBR last year and already they are pealing. In fact you can see the old finish underneath! He said he would "redo" them no charge but I prefer to have them done right the first time and thats why everything I need powder coated goes to Tommy. You get what you pay for...those dudes coating for cheap prices are short changing on the prep and process, I promice you that. Just my 2 cents. Safe riding.
    Tommy... That is not a nice way to introduce yourself

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Sorry to offend gents. New member and I do a search on here for Tommy G and I see MotoFreaks comments about his PC work nothing special. I guess its ok for that huh and I see he watching his bro's back. Much respect to that. Not cool when I'm watch'n someones back right? Got it. Dont want this to get ungly but just stating the facts. TG is a stand up guys too and bashing him on this forum needed to be set straight. If Im an A-hole then so is Motofreak. But i guess hes a member of your club so its cool right. Later

Opinions are always welcome.

I have no issues with Tommy or Miles. As far as I am concerned as long as shit doesn't get personal it is all good.

Hope you stop by and introduce yourself at Bike Night, Kneegrinder.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Sorry to offend gents. New member and I do a search on here for Tommy G and I see MotoFreaks comments about his PC work nothing special. I guess its ok for that huh and I see he watching his bro's back. Much respect to that. Not cool when I'm watch'n someones back right? Got it. Dont want this to get ungly but just stating the facts. TG is a stand up guys too and bashing him on this forum needed to be set straight. If Im an A-hole then so is Motofreak. But i guess hes a member of your club so its cool right. Later
    KG. I am an asshole, its a pleasure to meet you!
    Tommy and I are on good terms, and his work is good no doubt, but IMO Miles is just as good for less money. I will say that I think TGC has better baking technology, but I don't know what Miles uses, so I can't say for sure. Both are stand up guys, and if they mess up, will go the extra mile to make it right. Really it comes down to preference, and location. I prefer RSM over other local dealers, just as some people take their stuff to LandAir or CW instead.
    I wasn't "bashing" Tommy Graves by any means, he's a great guy with a very good set-up, and you're paying for that set-up. The end result of my PC job was that I felt I paid too much for the job that was done.

No worries about the post bud. We're all sensitive from time to time on the Forum. In real-life, the VTBN Crew is a very chill and fun loving bunch.
    Well, everyone except Doc
    Def. hit up Donny's on a Tuesday for Bike Night!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

MotoFreak, when you post negative comments such as "paid a lot for nothing" thats "bashing" no matter how you put it. You clearly went out of your way to call TG out on this one and no matter how cool you are with TG im sure he would not appreaciate hearing that you or anyone else are making such public comments like that. Did you talk to TG about this before you posted your comment?

MotoFreak, when you post negative comments such as "paid a lot for nothing" thats "bashing" no matter how you put it. You clearly went out of your way to call TG out on this one and no matter how cool you are with TG im sure he would not appreaciate hearing that you or anyone else are making such public comments like that. Did you talk to TG about this before you posted your comment?
    Well this has gone to hell in a hand basket...I guess I should take my own advice and say what I mean eh, which is, I paid more than I felt I should have for the work that was done at the time. And Tommy is usually too busy to get back to me, so no, I have not talked to him about anything lately.
    I have a terrific ability to make myself look like a dick online. My apologies...again.
    "If you don't have anything nice to say..." right?

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12