Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

6/29 Boston to Western MA ride.

6/29 Boston to Western MA ride.

So I'm thinking of heading out into Western Mass tomorrow. Going to be leaving Newton around 9AM(flexible). The ride will consist of backroads to Mt. Greylock and looping back into Southern VT. The route is not set in stone yet but a little exploring may be involved.

Since there are not many roads worth riding around where I am, I can meet more Northwest of me. Depends on where other riders are from to make it more convenient

Forecast is 30% chance of rain where I am in the morning, and 10% where we will be from 11AM onwards. If we get rained on it won't be bad and should dry off quickly.

Pace will be spirited at times and passing cars where apporpriate and safe. Most importantly, ride your own ride and we will wait for you at the next turn off.

Jacket, gloves, boots and long pants are a must.

Participants will be required to sign a waiver basically relieving me of any responsiblity if you crash and/or get hurt. This is not a competition so please ride your own ride.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SwiftTone; 06-28-13 at 02:31 PM. Reason: additional content
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Current: 690E. Past: FE250, S1000XR, S1000R, Streefighter S, Monster S2R1000, RC51

Re: 6/29 Boston to Western MA ride.

Just seeing this David. I'm going to head out locally for a short ride later if the w........ holds off. Can't head out this morning. Enjoy the ride. If like to get out to western MA for a ride over the next few weeks so maybe we can organize for another day.

Probably heading out for a ride tomorrow morning if you want to change your plans. I can meet up with you in Deerfield right at the base of 116. Let me know.

Oh... and I won't be signing any waivers.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post

Participants will be required to sign a waiver basically relieving me of any responsiblity if you crash and/or get hurt. This is not a competition so please ride your own ride.
    This made me LOL.... Are you serious dude?

Was your waiver authored by an attorney? Is it legally binding? What if a 17 year old wants to go on this ride- Should he bring his mother along to sign your waiver since he is a minor? You clearly have no familiarity with MA tort law. No need to have waivers signed unless your negligence causes someone to crash.

Last edited by Lxpony; 06-29-13 at 09:49 AM.

When I lead rides for Seacoast they have a waiver we ask participants to sign. I'm not an employee...just a schmuck who likes to ride and show people stuff I like. If someone doesn't want to gear up, sign the waiver, or they want to stunt or expect me to pass on double yellows with 20 people behind me, I'd strongly suggest they find another ride. Not saying that you'd sue us, but when leading a bunch of people you don't know it's a fair way to get people you'd rather not have with you to rule themselves out...

...pretty sure there's a waiver involved if you want to race. An for sure the track day organization you sign up with insists on a waiver. In fact, I don't think you can even get to the infield without signing off that you understand the danger...and I'm also pretty sure street riding is generally more dangerous than a track day

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DucDave; 07-01-13 at 01:46 PM.
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    When I lead rides for Seacoast they have a waiver we ask participants to sign. I'm not an employee...just a schmuck who likes to ride and show people stuff I like. If someone doesn't want to gear up, sign the waiver, or they want to stunt or expect me to pass on double yellows with 20 people behind me, I'd strongly suggest they find another ride. Not saying that you'd sue us, but when leading a bunch of people you don't know it's a fair way to get people you'd rather not have with you to rule themselves out...

...pretty sure there's a waiver involved if you want to race. An for sure the track day organization you sign up with insists on a waiver. In fact, I don't think you can even get to the infield without signing off that you understand the danger...and I'm also pretty sure street riding is generally more dangerous than a track day
    Your rides are organized by Seacoast, though, right?

I'm pretty sure Nesr already has language set up that does not hold them responsible. All rides listed on Nesr are there own entities and are not Nesr rides. Unlike the track, which has liability issues, people congregated and riding together on the street are all responsible for there own bike and actions.

(I totally agree with not wanting squids riding wheels and ass packing me in a corner, though)

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66

Oh, and I think Mike (lxpony) is acting kind of like a douche and in no way support his opinions or comments.

LRRS/CCS #66

NESR doesn't sponsor any rides....there is no protection at all that one can claim just because a ride is posted here....

(Expect Jay will weigh in...?)

I'm ambivlent about Mike's comments...only wanted to compare his observations with mny own experience....

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    Oh, and I think Mike (lxpony) is acting kind of like a douche and in no way support his opinions or comments.
    Excellent post !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lxpony View Post
    Excellent post !!!!

LRRS/CCS #66

I don't know why you two are giving me so much crap. If one wants to join a group ride that I am planning and leading then follow the terms. If you want to be excluded from signing the waiver, then exclude yourself from the group ride. I will admit that I am not experianced in leading a ride, actually this would have been the first one, but I am going to protect myself regardless.

Mike, no I did not get it authorized by an attorney. I may not have a clear understanding of the law regarding a waiver but it gives me a peace of mind of not getting sued when leading a bunch of people I don't know.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SwiftTone; 07-02-13 at 07:54 AM.

Current: 690E. Past: FE250, S1000XR, S1000R, Streefighter S, Monster S2R1000, RC51

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post
    I don't know why you two are giving me so much crap. If one wants to join a group ride that I am planning and leading then follow the terms. If you want to be excluded from signing the waiver, then exclude yourself from the group ride. I will admit that I am not experianced in leading a ride, actually this would have been the first one, but I am going to protect myself regardless.

Mike, no I did not get it authorized by an attorney. I may not have a clear understanding of the law regarding a waiver but it gives me a peace of mind of not getting sued when leading a bunch of people I don't know.

This ........

I really don't understand what the issue is for some folks and why the wise ass remarks. It is pretty simple really. If someone is leading a ride and is opening it up to folks that maybe he or she doesn't know well (or at all) and signing a waiver gives them peace of mind then they should go ahead and require it. If they want some minimum gear requirements fine. If they want to exclude newbies fine. It's all good. If you don't agree with it, or for some reason think it is stupid, that is fine too - then just don't join the ride. I led a ride earlier this year and about 10 riders showed, a few I had not met before. Everyone signed a waiver. If some folks who wanted to ride that day didn't show up or bailed once they heard of a waiver being required I'm cool with that. To each his own.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Not Sure; 07-02-13 at 09:10 AM.

O ya, btw, I had a GREAT ride. Most people stayed in because of the forecast. It only drizzled for about 5-10 minutes but I just took the chance to eat brunch, the rest of the day was sunny and 80, perfect. Mohawk trail had NO traffic mid afternoon which made it even more awesome.

You guys should probably re-read my posts.

You can do what ever you want, I invited you to ride with me and informed you that I wouldn't sign a waiver. I personally think it's retarded, but I actually didn't criticize you at all and even called Mike out for his comments. Seems like your beef is with him and not me.

I do apologize that Dave and I jacked your thread, though. Carry on.

LRRS/CCS #66