Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

8/29 Ride

8/29 Ride

I took advantage of a midweek ride to the Gaps of Vermont, a la Duc Daves Route from his group ride a couple weeks ago. I wasn't able to make it for Dave's ride, but I scrapped together a few friends who were willing to play hooky from work and off we went mid week.

Great routes in VT, running up and down Rte. 100, over to the western part of VT hitting Brandon Gap from Rutland. Rte. 73 is in good condition, but they were paving/painting the road on the Rochester side, so things slowed down a bit. Really nice views and rock formations if your taking your time to enjoy the scenery.

Lunch in Rochester was fantastic at the Rochester Cafe, and hooking it up in Middlebury Gap for desert was even better. Police were present, but traffic slowed us up a bit before we got to their hideouts.

Rte 116 was relatively flat with only moderate curves, but the scenery was spectacular. The Western edge of the Greens on your right heading North on Rte 116 with the expanse of the lower farmlands on the left was perfect. Especially since there wasn't a cloud in the sky that day.

It was my first time doing the Appalachian Gap, and I can see why sportbikes love that road. Amazing in one word. Recommended to all. We were warping through the pass and came up on the lookout so fast that we blew right by it before we knew it was there. Oh well, next time.

We did have a chance to get an upclose look at the new Kawi Concours 14 at the Gas station just south of Waitsfield. Beautiful bike, behemoth machine. The guy riding it traded in his FJR1300 for that bike, "best machine he's ridden in a long time." His biggest complaint was the 180 miles to a fillup, gotta love that ZX-14 motor.

The ride back down Rte. 100 was really nice, the twisties down there were cool and well shaded. The roadsides were a bit busy, everyone splashing in the river and roadside pools that dot the landscape above Hancock. Great way to cool off when the sun is out and temps are close to 90 degrees.

Great ride all together, 415 miles, 10 hours, one police stop but no ticket and a nice visorshaped sunburn to satisfy a day of work well skipped.

Here is a quick video that I took with helmet cam, but the damn thing died before we got to the good stuff. Mic crapped out first, but it was filmed on Route 10 heading to Goshen NH.

Putfile - Ride 2

Cheers!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Phat Twin; 08-31-07 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Link fixed

8/29 Ride

Fixed the Link.

8/29 Ride

Phat...thats a great video!!! Hope you get to ride with me sometime!!!

Dave

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

8/29 Ride

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Phat...thats a great video!!! Hope you get to ride with me sometime!!!

Dave
    Thanks, Dave, Just a quick movie I put together. My tank mount camera died last week, and now the helmet mount camera.

I hope to ride in the future also, foliage season is almost upon us!

8/29 Ride

I enjoyed watching the vid........and great song choice. Can never go wrong with some Dave!