Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NED 10-12-12

NED 10-12-12

ran the 10 at street night last night with another buddy who also has a zx10, tons of fun but a bit chilly haha

met another member with a cbr1000, and if the member who was taking videos could post them, that would be awesome!! i forget your name but i was the guy with the turbo zx10

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2004 ZX10R Turbo. Yeah, im not all there upstairs. Boost is more addictive then crack and even more expensive!

Re: NED 10-12-12

Times?

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

mid 10's high 140's. bike is a handfull the 1st 3 gears. pulling the front tire going over 100 was pretty neat tho lol

2004 ZX10R Turbo. Yeah, im not all there upstairs. Boost is more addictive then crack and even more expensive!

My best with my zx14 was 9.96@145. It was stock with a strap and exhaust. That bike was a hoot, I can't imagine what a zx10 with more power would be like. Are you SWB or lowered?I kinda miss it but hanging cheek and dropping knee is orgasmic and has taken drag racing's place.

Last edited by maxim_X; 10-13-12 at 02:30 PM.
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

im lowered, no strap, SWB. back when it was n/a i ran 10.50 @ 145, but it also wasnt trying to go over backwards for half the track. i dont have any intentions of extending it since 99% of my riding is on the street, and thats where this thing is really the most fun. if i can figure out how to ride it better and trap over 150 and hit low low 10's ill be more then happy with that.

CBR Airlines Flight 1000 Dragginazz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meyagi View Post
    ran the 10 at street night last night with another buddy who also has a zx10, tons of fun but a bit chilly haha

met another member with a cbr1000, and if the member who was taking videos could post them, that would be awesome!! i forget your name but i was the guy with the turbo zx10
    Whats up Dude? I'm STILL thawing out for christ sake! Mark is out riding now I think but he will send what he has to you I'm sure.
    That's a Hell of a ride you have there!! Sounds like a handfull, but yeah I'm sure the Unicycling over 100 keeps you on your toes and a smile from ear to ear.

Bikes were making some good pow with that cold air, I was having fun. I'm still leaving alot at the line tho. My best run was running with you = 10.784 @ 134--. I could have left much harder all night, but, still fine tuning myself I guess. I also kept letting off all night so they wouldn't throw me out, so really don't know if that was the best or not. Felt good tho.

See ya next time

BTW, you gonna try to make it again before it's over for the year??

Last edited by Dragginazz; 10-14-12 at 07:44 AM.

SPEED SAFELY!

364 Beers Shy of a Liter Trajiks9's Avatar

Mike,
    Nice talking to you guys last night. You definitely have a fun set up going on there. Here is some footage of you and your buddy running the 1/4 mile.

Last edited by Trajiks9; 10-13-12 at 09:50 PM.
    🇯🇵 2001 Honda CBR 929RR R.I.P
    🇯🇵 2009 Honda CRF 250X
    🇯🇵 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX636R
    🇦🇹 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure-S

were they sticklers about the killswitch? I always wanted to run my RC, even bought a killswitch but it doesnt fit on my bars

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    were they sticklers about the killswitch? I always wanted to run my RC, even bought a killswitch but it doesnt fit on my bars
    Only if you tell them you'll be running quicker than 10.99 or faster than 120 when they ask, they'll want to see it.
    So let off at the end on each run, then give it Hell on your last run!

SPEED SAFELY!

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    They're strict about it. I've been kicked out for it on an old 600 that trapped 122.

Orient express makes a nice switch that replaces the cap that holds your front brakes in place. It's a real clean piece for bikes like ours that can't fit a traditional kill. The only problem is it's $80 and the tether piece is very low quality. Starts developing rust spots the first time it gets wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragginazz View Post
    Only if you tell them you'll be running quicker than 10.99 or faster than 120 when they ask, they'll want to see it.
    So let off at the end on each run, then give it Hell on your last run!
    I can't bring myself to do that, lol.

Yeah, letting off SUCKS! I'll be preparred next year tho. I'll have to measure for that 'Kill switch'. That is a nice one, but they don't specify my bike. Thanks

SPEED SAFELY!

it was great meeting both of you guys!! thanks for the video, got any more haha

peter said he wants to go again before they close up so ill keep you informed when we decide when!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAIER-NC-UNI...a43a4d&vxp=mtr
    thats the switch we put on peters bike, mounted the bracket to the bolt that holds the brake fluid resivor. if your bike needs a normally closed switch (most do) thats probably the one i would go with.

Quote Originally Posted by Meyagi View Post
    it was great meeting both of you guys!! thanks for the video, got any more haha

peter said he wants to go again before they close up so ill keep you informed when we decide when!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAIER-NC-UNI...a43a4d&vxp=mtr
    thats the switch we put on peters bike, mounted the bracket to the bolt that holds the brake fluid resivor. if your bike needs a normally closed switch (most do) thats probably the one i would go with.
    Ok thanks Mike I'll check it out.
    And yeah PM me or whatever and I'll either take the bike or take some vids for ya!

SPEED SAFELY!